“Very Nice!”

Tanei Boutique Villa
Ranked #140 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a lovely, comfortable guesthouse with amazing hot showers, great A/C, a swimming pool, and good breakfast.

Siem Reap has occasional power outages, and this guesthouse does NOT have a generator. So that lovely A/C and the running water disappear when the power goes. Luckily, if you're hot on a no-power day, you can jump in the pool!

The breakfast service was a bit spotty, but it's a nice way to start your day.

They have a pet myna bird who is extremely loud. I found earplugs to be handy, but the two people I was traveling with did fine without them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We book ther from booking .com for 4 nights.
When we arrived there, very tired from trip from Bangkok, they didn’t have room for us.
They send us for a day in a horrible place, and when I told the manager ( son I low of the owner) that we don’t stay there he told me on the phone that they have one more place where we can stay or to get my money back and find a place on my own!! When I told him that this is
Imposable and that they have to find a proper place for us he hung off the phone to my face!!
Finally after 2 hours wondering around exhausted from the trip and heat they drop us in a place much cheaper (13 $). We stay there because we had no more power to do anything else! The all filing was horrible, we were in Cambodia first time for us, exhausted, not knowing anybody there, helpless, facing the unbelievable behavior of the owner-manager.
Second day we moved to Tanei where he told us that we have 2 options or we pay 15$
For the first day in the other place or we have a diner in there restaurant ( one dish each and a small bolted water ,max price was like 10 $!!!!) and that’s all!!! when I asked at least to have the offer that they have in their web site for the 4 days stay (one massage for each and a fruit basket ) he told me no, because he has to pay commission to booking.com., even that I pay the same price with their web site.
Worst Manager ever!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikolaos T
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this hotel through internet directly to the guesthouse, and I re-confirmed with 2 emails once is almost half month before i arrived and the one 3 days before I started my trip as they said in the email. They didn't reply me, and I also did get any return email said the email is unavailable to send.
After I arrived they said they didn't get my email and refer to the other one, all the deals confirm before we didn't get any, except the same room rate. But it's fine. I just want to have a room to stay, and after I was transffered to the other guesthouse next to Tanei, they kick us out because they said they promised us we can stay 2 days only. Jesus, i book for 6 nights!!! And when we check in the guesthouse the refer us to, they NEVER tell us we can stay for only 2 DAYS! (That morning, 12 Feb, is really peak, we need to find other guesthouse in the morning which we suppose to be the way to visit Angkor wat). I believe that good people have good results, I finally got a room after visit over 10 guesthouses. I saw a lot of people asking for room too, I got the final room at the 11th and lucky for just delay one hour.

I don't mind if other still want to live in this guesthouse, but pls protect yourself, i don't trust to book with gusthouse directly anymore cox they will sell it in a higher price and kick you out if they wanted to. Or they can say they didn't receive your emails, pls, when u check in, MUST black and white to written down the nights you want to spend. Otherwise you will experience same as me I guess, especially the Peak season.

That is also my birthday trip.....and this is the only dirty point for my trip. Overall people are nice there in Siem Reap!

Room Tip: Make sure all you need to make it in black and white confirmation if you choose this guesthouse, esp...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maya603
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I advised them that it's time to buy new towels... Unless you booked a vip room ;)
Apart from that cannot complain... They are not responsible for the rooster next door that started very very early...

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

For the price, this guesthouse was amazing! The beds and sheets were so comfortable and the room had nice decor. It's a lovely guesthouse with courteous staff and beautiful grounds and pool. Great place!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

went with 4 ladies, comfortable room, clean linen, bathroom with amenities, stayed there as recommended by my friends. Try the omelette, delicious. They don't charge calls within cambodia, so we're able to confirm our booking at phnom phenh hotels with ease. Did not get to swim in the pool though, too busy with angkor wat tour.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tanei Guesthouse in right in the heart of Siem Reap, walking distance to all the restaurants, bars and shopping. My room was cleaned each day with a fresh towels and always top up of bottled water. My teenage girls loved the wi-fi, I loved the pool and breakfast. The restaurant at the guesthouse is perfect after those long days at the temples, & very reasonable and delicious. All the staff are very friendly and smiling all the time. Very good value for money, I will highly recommend to everyone

Room Tip: I stayed in the new building and it was perfect
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family