All reviews no elevator g adventures night market pub street simple hotel room was comfortable and clean small swimming pool great hotel nice breakfast pool bar tuk tuk excellent location bed sheets angkor wat hotel location would stay here again stayed here for nights
Reviewed February 23, 2018

We stayed here for four nights. It was supposed to be three but we had an emergency and my husband had to go to hospital. The staff was very good and we were taken to an excellent hospital called The Royal Angkor International Hospital. Our room was nice and clean and we were able to stay in it for the extra night. Everything is close by and restaurants and spas are very inexpensive. The pool was enjoyed and there is a bar beside it. It is a pleasure to highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you go the more stairs to climb, no elevator. We appreciated being on the first floor.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Sokphat S, Manager at Nagara Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Mary,

Greetings from Nagara Angkor Boutique hotel,

We are delighted to read about your wonderful stay experience with Nagara Angkor Boutique hotel. We extend our sincerest appreciation for your compliments and for letting us know that we’ve accomplished our goal of providing an unforgettable experience.

Thank you very much for your great feedback and gladly recommend anyone. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back home again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

My stay at Nagara Angkor Boutique was just an overnight stay this time, but had the opportunity to be in the room which joins through a middle door! I didn't realise they had this! What a pleasant surprise especially as I was there with other people. This is definitely a good option for those travelling as a family.

Apart from the noise due to construction near by the stay was pleasant, clean and convenient as always.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Sokphat S, Owner at Nagara Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Dear Ms. Sophary,

Greetings from Nagara Angkor Boutique.

Thanks you very much for your review.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Another great stay at Nagara Angkor boutique hotel. Great location close walking distance to pub street. Happy with everything, clean room, nice pool and bar etc. Theres no elevator though which i didnt mind .The staff are helpful. Overall happy to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Vannak,

Greetings from Nagara Angkor Boutique.

Thanks you very much for your review.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

This hotel location can put you within the midst of just about everything if you enjoy walking. I stayed here three nights as part of a tour. I arrived on Christmas day so not sure if this can be considered a gift from Santa. On our long drive up from Phnom Penh I saw lots of children in school uniforms. It suddenly struck me how different the culture is. As a kid growing up I can't imagine going to school on Christmas day. It was one of the best days being a child and time away from school. Some of the children were walking and some rode bicycles. To them it was just another ordinary day. While heading up to the hotel we stopped at a rest area with a market. A lady was selling crisp grasshoppers. I've always heard of those with the high protein content but never tried them. So I bought a $1 worth of grasshoppers and I have to say this is one of the most delicious snacks. Then I tried some crickets. Just make sure you remove the sharp claws if you ever try them.

As for the hotel there was construction outside my window but nothing to alarm me since I did not stay in the room much on Christmas day. Once you exit the hotel and make a left hand turn you will walk toward the center of town. You will discover lots of eateries along the way. Cheap beer for those who love beer. And when you reach the main road (you will know it when you reach it) you make a right hand turn and you will run into several ATM if you need one. If you make a left you will encounter the night market. You will see lots of people eating in this area. There is food everywhere. It's a bustling area. People will approach you asking or telling you that you need a massage. They are cheap so don't feel guilty getting one if you think you need one.

As for the hotel there is an outdoor area you can sit. I don't recall anything exceptional about the breakfast. It's just breakfast. It's located past the reception desk area. You need to be athletic or at least in shape if you stay at this hotel. There are no elevators. If you stay on the 2nd floor like I did that means after you walk up from the ground floor you will reach the 1st floor then keep going until the next floor is the 2nd floor. I recall there were people who brought up the luggage to the room. So for that effort the least I could do was to give a tip. Leaving the hotel you can bring down your own luggage or call the desk to see if anyone is available to assist you.

As for laundry facilities the hotel has a set fee by kilos which is better than charging by item like many hotels do. But if you walk out the hotel to the right hand side--a short walk you will see a travel business. The lady there whose names is Sophia she will take your laundry but at a cheaper rate of $1/kilo. Being that I was already booked on a tour I did not need any of the tours she has available. But for those who arrive without being part of a tour you have several choices by browsing through the package.

The street the hotel is located on tends to be very active with traffic. So be careful walking down this street as some of the traffic pass very close and might just clip your body. I once took a tuk tuk for $2 back to the hotel at night because I did not want to take that long walk back with vehicles passing close to me in the dark of night. Be careful it's not uncommon to see some motorbikes riding without lights. I once shouted out to a driver to turn on his lights. It was dark and he was driving down the road like an invisible missile. Not sure if he understood me but he looked at me as if I'm crazy.

One good thing about Cambodia you really don't need to change your U.S. currency here. You can pay in U.S. dollars and most times they will give you change in U.S. currency except for small amounts. The other good news is they do not use coins. If you've been to Thailand you can appreciate what I'm saying. You need very good vision to figure out the denomination of most of the coins. The numbers are so tiny. The one problem you might encounter in Cambodia is fake money. Someone from my group withdrew five $100 bills for a total of $500. But all the bills were counterfeit. The person was told to take the money to one of the branches upon reaching Siem Reap. So their ATM will give you U.S. currency if you choose. But at a risk. Before I left home I withdrew some U.S. $100 bills from a ATM. Some banks like Chase have newer machines where you can choose how much of each bill you want to withdraw. You can even get $1 bills. For whatever reason I've used their ATM a few times but I never saw an option for $10 bills. But you sure will get a choice of $1, $5, $20, $50, and $100 bills.Better to go with those than withdrawing at a ATM in Phnom Penh only to have counterfeit U.S. currency.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Sokphat S, Manager at Nagara Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Dear Sam,

Greeting from Nagara Angkor Boutique hotel,

Thanks you very much for your feedback and your value time to visit our country and people.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Great location as just a few minutes walk into town centre or easy to get a tuctuc from outside the hotel. Some nice restaurants/bars along the street on the way into town. Some in our group said rooms were noisy from the water pumps but we didn't have this problem on floor 2. Pool area is nice and has a bar next to it with tables and chairs. Staff are lovely.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Robin,

Greetings from Nagara Angkor Boutique hotel,

Thanks you very much for your feedback,
We do not have water pump but we have water compressor, I have checked with this but did not noisy.
Keep investigate with this issue.

Best Regards