“Amazing staff and superb hotel”
Review of Golden Mango Inn

Golden Mango Inn
Ranked #9 of 508 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Best place we stayed on our month trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. Staff were amazing, really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included with plenty of options and free tea and coffee all day. Hotel pool was nice to cool down in after a day round the temples and rooms were spacious and clean. Although the hostel is a bit out of Siem Reap, it is nearer the temples and tuk tuks are free into the centre of town. The hotel also has a great restaurant so there isn't much need to go into town regularly (Siem Reap is basically just the tourist hub for the temples but there is nothing special to see).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rc5061991

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here for one week through recommendations from a few friends. As soon as I walked through the doors, I was greeted with welcoming staff with warm smiles.
Relaxing atmosphere, such a great price and great rooms. I don't have a single compliant about this place. The staff really go above and beyond to make you feel welcome.
I will definitely be staying here again when I visit Siem Reap.

Room Tip: The wifi cut in and out on the 2nd floor but other then that, no other problems.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Diana C
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was here for 4 nights to see Angkor Wat, and would definitely stay here again. Great place to relax at the end of a day.

I booked this place as I wanted to be able to relax at the pool after a dusty day of touring temples. The pool was great - very clean, big enough to do laps in, plus it had nice lounge chairs and they provide pool towels. My only disappointment here was that I spent so much time at the temples, I didn't have much time to enjoy it!

Aside from the pool, they have nice, serenely decorated indoor and outdoor common areas. The restaurant was good - reasonably priced, decent food, yummy drinks, good service. I ate here every night and the mango salad was particularly yummy. They also serve a full breakfast in the morning - nothing special, but they do give you many choices. As a plus, they have free water, (instant) coffee and tea all day.

The staff was really great - very helpful and always smiling. They really made me feel at home.

The rooms are fine - good bed, working AC, and very clean.

A few things to be aware of:
This place is a few miles from the center. I had no trouble getting to the temples by bike, and they drop you off by tuk tuk. There is stuff around, but if you want to be near pub street this isn't the place.

The water pressure in my shower in my basic room wasn't great, and overall the bathroom was just ok. Still, it was very clean and totally functional (plus they put fresh flowers by the sink!)

As mentioned, the coffee is instant and the orange juice isn't real - you can easily order fresh, fruity beverage if want real fruit juice.

Overall though, this place is a great value - it offers a lot for a low price and is a very relaxing place to stay. Would go out of my way to stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank sanda2011
Reviewed August 19, 2013

They have a pool, spacious rooms, good beds and an extremely good breakfast! I do not need more. And all that for a minimum price. The staff is really helpful (tours and travelling to Thailand and other destinations). The wifi is good. There is a free tuktuk from the hotel to city center. Expect to pay 2 dollar for getting back. There are bicycles available for riding to Angkor Wat. We really liked our stay here! If tuktuk driver does not know the hotel, say it is close to Smile House, they will probably know it.

Room Tip: If tuktuk driver does not know the hotel, say it is close to Smile House, they will probably know it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EliseBram
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was here for 2 nights in order to visit Angkor Wat and the city itself. The hotel-team was very friendly frommthe first day on and helped us in any situation. We got breakfast when we arrived in the early morning and our room was not ready yet. *thumbs up* the puck-up service from airport was very comfortable and without any problems. Also the possibility to get a tuk-tuk to the Pubstreet or Nightmarket was very satisfying. The rooms were actually very clean. The only thing that also leads to a dislike was the cleanliness of the jalousies in our room-they were really dirty. But neverthels: this hotel is clearly to recommened because of good breakfast, which can be chosen by oneself, well-conditioned hotel and helpful crew!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andi S
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The service and swimming pool were impeccable.

The rooms were not fancy but they were really spacious and comfortable. An easy tuk-tuk ride into town made the location ideal.

The staff were very helpful and booked us a car to the border.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lintski
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our stay at the Golden Mango was one of the highlights of our short stop in Siem Reap Cambodia. This hotel gives so much value for such a small cost. We appreciated all of the little touches, like the real lotus flowers in their beautiful pool, the delicious and plentiful complimentary breakfast, the amazing staff, and the wonderful restaurant. I especially enjoyed the Amok dish at the restaurant. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends