“Great service, ideal quiet and relaxed location”
Review of Golden Mango Inn

Golden Mango Inn
Ranked #8 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in May 2013. We arrived late at night, after a 14-hour exhausting bus ride from HCMC, and their staff picked us up in a tuktuk. It took about 10 mins to get to the hotel from the bus station. Hotel is located on a side street, off the national highway, which means there's less noise and has that community feel.

Stayed in Room 105, which had basic amenities (tv, a/c, ref, bathroom, twin beds). Small issues with the room -- water took some time to drain in the shower, and room wasn't well lighted -- but not big deal for us, really. Coffee, tea, hot choco, water are available in the lobby. Shoes, slippers must be left outside the hotel, but the place is secure so you won't worry going around barefoot the next morning.

Pool was a big boon, especially after a very hot day going around Siem Reap's temples. Glad I considered this fact in booking. Felt good to just lounge around the pool and take a cooling dip.

In front of the hotel are the garden and the restaurant where they also serve breakfast. Their food is good and reasonably priced compared to those in Pub St. Garden has small cottages and chairs where you can relax, read a book, or meet other guest.

Pub St. is a 5-10 min tuktuk ride away. Tuktuk from hotel to Pub St. is free. Advisable to have the same tuktuk driver pick you up after and pay the fixed USD 2 fee back to the hotel, than haggle with other drivers in Pub St.

Hotel staff do their very best to accommodate your needs and request. They were very attentive and helpful. They booked our bus ride back to HCMC without a hitch. When I sprained my ankle and asked for an ice bag, Chum (one of the hotel staff) immediately went to the kitchen and got me a big bagful of ice. He was very friendly and made sure we had our breakfast before our left for our early morning trip back to HCMC. Thank you so much, Chum! :)

If I come back or any of my friends will go to Siem Reap, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

For the price we paid, the rooms and services provided by them were well beyond our expectations. Location though not near to the pub street, hotel tried to make up for it by providing free one-way tuk tuk ride there. What more can you ask for?!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bting
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I travelled alone, I booked single room but it had two beds! The hotel is very well maintained and the staff are very friendly. You can talk to the front desk about what you need and they will be glad to help and plan things for you. They have their choice of tuk tuk drivers and they are nice. The tour packages offered are competitively priced, and the food tasted good. The hotel is closer to the temples and far from night market / city central (25 mins) and the downside is not many tuk tuk drivers (except those who are arranged by hotel) know Golden Mango Inn, so mark the hotel on your map before you head out and make note of some landmarks (I remembered 'smiling' hotel on main road and walked to GMI, 2 mins), and rooms do not have intercom/ phone. In short I will recommend this hotel for solo / family and will prefer to stay again as the value for money is very high.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SmalKat
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We enjoyed our 2 week stay at Golden Mango.

CONS: The duvet & curtains could stand to be updated, they were showing their age. The Internet drops & is a bit slow at times. The water pressure in the shower was a little low.

PROS: The pool is great. Salt water & a joy to swim or just float in. Great price, wonderfully sweet nice people running the place. Good simple breakfast & good Tuktuk drivers. We garbed Pauly & used him the whole time.

The big beautiful, expensive hotels are moving in but you would feel so disconnected from the real people of Siem Reap Cambodia. Golden Mango made us feel at home while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CindyHollingshead
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here alone and was very happy with the service at the hotel especially the service at the front desk. The staff who work in the hotel are extremely helpful in providing information of where to go, however some of the tuk tuk drivers spoilt this. My tuk tuk driver kept on insisting on the most expensive packages and tours but when I spoke to the gentleman at the front desk he advised me on what was actually appropriate and this turned out to be the cheapest so highly commendable. If you want some where out of the way this is perfect as it is remote and quiet. However I was travelling alone so would have been better off more central. Another problem with the tuk tuk drivers is they didn't actually want to pick you up past 9pm so this ruined the evenings as I expected it within the service. There are plenty of tuk tuk's in the centre but if travelling alone you would expect the hotel to provide them up to 10pm as they state. When I got to the airport my driver tried to charge me for the ride which was supposed to be free. I had no cash left so was unable to do so but felt let down by this as the staff had been so pleasant. The Angkor Wat tour is great but when hiring a tour guide through the hotel I would specifically ask for someone with very good English. My guide didn't speak English all that well, was very hard to understand and also not very informative he just kept walking ahead of me as opposed to telling me of the history.

Food in the restaurant is great, breakfast is lovely and the hotel is clean for what you pay. There were a few hairs on my sheets but this was changed by the night staff and they were happy to do so. If the location was better I would stay again definitely. But if you are looking for somewhere out of the way this is great. Just don't trust the tuk tuk's have everything checked with the staff! Also there is construction going on which you can hear in the mornings, only a problem if your not out and about.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor at the back doesn't have a shower that hangs properly so I would avoid...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ar0undTheW0rld_23
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a great stay in this little hotel, it's a bit outside of the city center but in the good direction to go to Angkor. The staff is really helpful and nice. The food was quite good, with a mixed of western and asian food, quite well priced for Siem reap too. They also provide free tuk-tuk to go to the centre (to compensate the distance) as well as offer some lunch pack if needed during the day (we ordered some Club sandwich and they even put the fries in, that was cute ;-)
The little swiming pool is very much appreciated after a whole day in Angkor and the room was spot on clean, not a great deal of deco but for 20$/night I think it was one of our best price/confort rate!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clelia_SC
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our trip. I booked it on booking.com, and arranged an airport transfer. The tuktuk driver was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived. Knowing that we are Malaysian, they arranged a driver who speaks a little bit of Malay, which was a nice touch.

We arrived there at 9 o clock and was given free breakfast despite not being entitled to it. Breakfast was average, and you can choose from a menu of 7 items. Room was clean and made up, and we were also given a free massage each, which was decent. Tours can be arranged. It might be a bit pricier, but you pay for the convenience. Swimming pool was also of a decent size, which was nice to relax in after a long day at the temples.

The hotel was out of town, but they do have free transfers into town, just pay for the trip back. Recommended !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple