“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Penang
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our trip. I booked it on booking.com, and arranged an airport transfer. The tuktuk driver was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived. Knowing that we are Malaysian, they arranged a driver who speaks a little bit of Malay, which was a nice touch.

We arrived there at 9 o clock and was given free breakfast despite not being entitled to it. Breakfast was average, and you can choose from a menu of 7 items. Room was clean and made up, and we were also given a free massage each, which was decent. Tours can be arranged. It might be a bit pricier, but you pay for the convenience. Swimming pool was also of a decent size, which was nice to relax in after a long day at the temples.

The hotel was out of town, but they do have free transfers into town, just pay for the trip back. Recommended !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This place was great! We arranged a free pick up at the airport and our flight was cancelled and we were 8 hours late, but they were still there to pick us up!!! Fantastic! This place was a great change of pace from some of our other hostels. This one was so clean, friendly, and had spacious rooms! They cleaned our room daily and they offered free rides into town via tuk tuk! They also had arranged pick ups to the apsara show! We loved the golden mango, but wished it was a bit closer to the action as we like to explore on foot. Breakfast was great with tons of options too!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank KHadventure
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here 6 Days ago,
One of our best Stays on our trip.
Cheap and good food and drinks.
Clean rooms.
Amazing staff . They even fixed my pants.
They arranged our tuk tuk and guide for The tempels wich wer both verry good.
They opend breakfast early for is because our pickup was early.
À bit our of The city but you get à Free tuk tuk and iets 2 dollar to get back.
They even paid some money back because i got scammed on The way to The hotel with a tuk tuk.
Nice pool thats open till late. I even think 24/24
Relaxed vibes
Would defently recommend , and stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrbievers
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I wanted to book with Golden Mango Inn the moment I saw their pool from their website. I had spent most of my time there just destress from a day of walking around Siem Reap. The weather was hot and a dip in a pool is a must. The staff was very courteous and attentive. I have booked a day's tour and a night show thru them and I was very pleased with the fast turnaround time. They serve set breakfast but with a number of choices that make you want to order them all. Although, I'm not not sure if we can order multiple times. The room they gave me had twin beds although I only booked for single but It's nice to have the space. I had the pool view room with average wifi connectivity. I've also availed their in-room massage for a cheap price. It's a very relaxing massage that had given me a peaceful sleep after. It's definitely a must try! They also provide free tuktuk service around downtown but I gave tips since my driver is very helpful with directions and show me some must-try food or must-see shop.

Room Tip: Ask for the in-room massage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank beachperfect
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We originally wanted to stay at this hotel for 3 nights and ended up staying for 7 partly because we enjoyed it so much and partly because I fell ill. The hotel has a swimming pool which was lovely at the end of the day. Rooms are big and spacious and beds comfortable. The bathroom was ok, not the best shower and the drainage wasn't brilliant so you had a wet floor for a long time. The staff are friendly and helpful and were great when I fell ill by rearranging hotels and buses ect. They offer a lot of tour and bus services which is nice. The free tuk tuk rides are great but the tuk tuk drivers push their luck! They are rude and unhelpful and try to charge you or tell you that as your not going to pub street its not free, even though our location was closer to the hotel which is so stupid. They dont seem to be too happy that we get them for free! Overall I would definitely stay
again and would highly recommend minor the little issues.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank ZaraAndy
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We loved our stay here. The hotel is beautiful with a great pool, nice sitting area in outside restaurant and good food! The staff are wonderful, there are fresh lotus flowers everywhere, and a big breakfast included. The ONLY downside is location. They offer free tuk tuk ride into the main tourist area of Siem Reap and then it's $2 back. So, it's obviously doable, but when you're on a budget (as we were) the tuk tuks back add up- and you sometimes have to wait 15-30 minutes for a free tuk tuk to come to the hotel. But, overall, I would still highly recommend the place. It's actually kind of nice to get out of the touristy Siem Reap madness.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jessiemorrison
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I seriously feel the urge to write a review on this inn to share with every TA user how fantastic it is.

I read about Golden Mango in TA and all the comments were positive. I must say what caught me first was the attractive price - it's very cheap compared to other guesthouses in Siem Reap. Turned out my decision was not a disappointment at all, for Golden Mango didn't fail me at all.

First, the team of staff was really excellent - friendly, polite and helpful. Even the tuk-tuk drivers appointed by the inn were so accommodating and hospitable. Secondly, the cleanliness and deco were simply perfect - clean, authentic and comfortable. Then, great pool and room with a bathtub! Imagine you could just dip in the pool or your own bathtub after a hot sunny afternoon in Angkor Wat. Not forgetting the food prepared by the kitchen - very delicious!

All these plus points simply make up for the location of the inn - quite (but not very) a distance from town, but it's actually close to Angkor Wat. However, you can always easily get a tuk-tuk to the town anyways.

I will definitely stay in this inn again without a single doubt if I return to Siem Reap.

Jeffrey,