Golden Mango Inn
$62
$120
$117
1,022 results
All reviewsfree tuk tukangkor watfree breakfastpub streetoffer freethe hotel offers freefree rideswimming poolmangotea and coffeenice pooldeluxe roomstayed here for nightsvisiting templesafter a long dayphnom penhlaundry service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a lovely time. We'd previously stayed nearer the action so this did feel out the way (especially in terms of eating) but the free tuk-tuks made up for this.

We had a twin room as the doubles were all booked, but the room was lovely so not an issue. The grounds were very nice too, we'd already done the temples before coming here, so we spent our time by the pool enjoying the sun for my boyfriend's birthday. The pool area was lovely although I will agree with what someone else has said- due to location some beds aren't in the sun and sometimes there is no shade at all, but really not a massive issue- it was awesome just to have a pool! :D
I told the reception about his birthday, so they kindly arranged a birthday cake free of charge from a shop in town, and set up a special table at breakfast for us which was really kind :) Photos have been added with this review!

The food here was nice but not much choice, and it does seem like the only option in the area, we didn't feel up to wandering too far on foot. We're vegetarian so this may be why our choices were limited, I don't normally remember what meat options were available.

Would definitely stay here again if we go back and just make use of the free lifts into the action!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Golden Mango Inn in Siem Reap made my husband and me felt so much at home. This is why I got confused if it's the whole Siem Reap or this inn alone that made us feel welcomed. Every morning the staff asks you if you slept well. They are so concerned of their visitors. The room was so clean and everytime we went out we came back to a clean room.
Wuan the manager/owner was hands on and so nice. Our flight was in the evening and he allowed us to stay till 6 pm without additional fees. The coffee, chocolate drink and tea were free flowing. Wow! and the people in the inn were always smiling. Congratulations for the wonderful management of the inn. I will recommend the place proudly to all my friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miraville
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent service, staff is helpful. Helped us to arrange the tuk-tuk in the morning. The Twin room was sufficiently spacious and clean, but toilet was a little cosy. Pleasant stay. Very value for money!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in early December 2012. We were utterly thrilled at the quality of this guesthouse. The room was big and relatively clean, the aircon was effective. Most of all, we were impressed with the excellent service. The young men at reception were extremely sweet and helpful, and organised all our tours, tuk-tuks, and our speedboat transfer to Phnom Penh. They paid for these and added the cost to our bill, which made it easy to pay for everything in one hit when we checked out.
The guesthouse also had a few allocated tuk-tuk drivers who were very honest, and would never try to rip you off, which is a nice change from what you'll find in most of Asia if are obviously western tourist (ie. 6 foot 3, pale skinned and blonde haired). These same drivers would take you on a tour of Angkor or to the floating village if you asked.
The food at the restaurant was of an ok standard, but the staff at the desk were happy to suggest places in the main area which we could eat - by far the best food was at the Khmer Kitchen (cheap, tasty, plenty of choice of local food or western BBQ stuff, and not too spicy if you're like me and can't handle chili).

For the price, this guesthouse is tremendously good value-for-money. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

As an "expert"in hospitality industry, I am used to being disapointed everytime I stay in a hotel.
I've been to various hotels all over the world but the service here is exceptional!

To sum up our experience and golden mango inn, it is AMAZING! Staff is so helpful always smiling and available for us.
Rooms are clean and well equiped, spacious!
The restaurant is good! The breakfast is included in the room and it is very delicious: you hve 5different types of breakfast: rice with meat, pancakes, bread, yogurts, eggs & sausage, etc.
Food is cheap and good!
Swimming pool is clean and big enough. The only hic is that is is in the shade.
Overall experience is definitely very satisfying and WORTH THE PRICE: 25$ a night breakfast included for 2 pax!!

Will definitely come back!!

We stayed 3 days at siem reap! Been piked up by tuk tuk for free by Benn, the best driver/guide ever met!

This hotel is authentic, keeping up with the cambodian traditions.
There is also a nice swimming pool with a waterfall, free of use.
The wifi connection is fast and free.

The first day we paid our tuk tuk driver 25$ for the day and 20$ for the day pass for tourists spots. The tuk tuk driver took us to all the temples in siem reap: angkor vat, bayon, etc. We also went to the waterfalls! Its an amazing experience.

Ask for Benn if ever you come here. He is not only a tuktuk driver but also a guide!
He doesn't take advantage of you, he even offers several bottles of cold mineral water.
We left at 8am and came back at the hotel at apprx.4:30 pm

At night, we had dinner and watched the traditional cambodian dance show for 10$ per person. The buffet dinner is not worth the price. The show was nice but Chinese people kept taking pictures in front of the stage so we couldn't see much!

• Stayed: December 2012