“Very Good Service Tour Packages”

Siem Reap Shuttle Tours
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Before arriving at Siem reap i had arranged all my tours with Sinh Tho,the owner of Shuttle Tours & found his services to be very good.I started the day of my arrival with the Phare circus in the evening & Sinh Tho himself picked me up in his car for the lovely circus.I also did the Angkor Wat Sunrise tour along with Bayon Temple & Ta Prohm Temple,all wonderful sights

The next day i did the Grand Circuit of banteay Srei Tour which included Banteay Srei,Pre Rub,East Mebon,Ta Som,Neak Paon & Preah Khan.All hectic with on time pick up from my Hotel & the drop in a comfy car with knowledgeable guide.

The next day was wonderful sunset tour of the Angkor Wat Temples approaching it after a steep climb over the Bakhong hills.Also of the other temples before that.

On the next day it was the full day tour Koh Ker & Beng Mealea Temple tour to the less crowded but worth while visiting.The best one was the Kulen mountain one with the national park,waterfalls,tropical forests,temple of Reclining Buddha & the river of 1000 lingas all in one.

The Kulen "mountain of Lychees" stretching for 50 kms with the highest point being 50 metres & served as a stone quarry for the many temples of the Angkor complex ,a place of national pride that it was here that Jayavarman 11 set up the beginning of the Khmer empire .The pick up was on time & the drive was about 50 kms in a comfy transport & the whole Kulen destination was a wonderful day out.

All the tours was well organised,prompt & at very competitive rates ! The Guides performance was uneven from good to a little indifferent attitude & knowledge of the sites.But definitely worth on the whole & i would take my next visit tours also with them & would recommend a try !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)
All reviews
"sense of humour"
in 17 reviews
"group tour"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"small group"
in 6 reviews
"tonle sap lake"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2017

I've been on many a basic/good value tour in South East Asia and have NEVER rated a tour as terrible before on Trip Advisor. To summarise our tour which I think goes from forgivable (i.e. these things can happen kinda thing) to just plain old bad...
1) a mix up with guest meant we were hanging around waiting for them for 30 minutes, guest said he had given them the correct hotel address, from what I gather from reading other reviews (plus how our tour ended up) I suspect he had and it was the tour that messed up, not the guest
2) bus had to be replaced mid-tour as air conditioning didn't work - waited 15 minutes for a replacement bus
Let's put those both in the unfortunate but forgivable category HOWEVER read on...:
3) Tour guide (yes, I'm talking about you Sim) probably spoke throughout entire day (we left 8am, back at hotel around 7pm) about the temples of Angkor for probably a total of 10 minutes max - i.e. short 3 minute (and that's being generous) chat at each temple, then left us to wander around on our own at each temple without any further explanation. I think we caught him sneaking off at one of them. I enviously heard other tour guides talking about the temples in situ for more than 30 seconds :-( What do all those lovely carvings mean? Apart from one of them in Angkor Wat (and I mean one), I don't have a monkey's about any of them..
4) Lack of information about Angkor was contrasted with a HEALTHY amount of knowledge about Cambodian dating culture and other completely irrelevant chat. Don't get me wrong, normally I love a chatty tour guide who verbally goes of the beaten track, but get the relevance ratio better than 80% Cambodian modern culture and dating to 20% Angkor Wat information..
5) Driver and guide had NO idea where any of our hotels were and that was with Google Maps. Slowly one by one (of the 5 of us that hadn't left the tour mid way through the day) we got more and more lost and all of us got out and walked back to our hotels in frustration
6) Sim was kinda rude at times
7) ICING ON THE CAKE: Me and my other half were the last ones standing (well sitting) in the van as we didn't know how to get back to our hotel. Sim said he was 'just going to get his motorbike and follow the van' which translated in reality to - divert us via head office, pick up his motorbike, give quick instructions to non-english speaking driver and scoot off without saying bye back home (he probs wanted to get back, we did too though). I suspect we were holding him up as POINT 8) when we on our sunset temple viewing (part of the itinerary) he was rushing us / annoyed it seemed we weren't down before sunset. He mentioned earlier he had evening training, so I suspect we were ruining his plans..

All in all, for a day where you pay for a tour plus a hella lot of money for tickets to Angkor Wat - this really was a below average tour..

1  Thank vclareb
Tho S, Manager at Siem Reap Shuttle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

We know someone called Mr Sim. He is not a professional tour guide. We do not even believe he is qualified. Which is why we don't employ him. He works for a competitor company who do not have a website, a social presence, an office or a listing on TA. They are much less professional than ourselves. TA rules prevent us from stating the name of that company. We would love to report them but there is no way for us to do that.

Unfortunately, tours are often booked through hotels and the identity of the tour company is often not obvious to the guest. Mistakes have been made before. And we do sympathise with guests who have a bad experience and want to publicly blame the tour company. But, many tour companies are small, unprofessional and operate under the radar. And so it is the professional tour companies, that do have a TA listing, that get the blame.

All our transport has our name and the TA logo boldly printed on the side, so guests know who we are, and they know we appreciate and support TA. We would ask the guest to try and remember what their transport looked like. Maybe they have a photo featuring our mini-bus or car in the background. The guest can find our website if they do a search on a search engine. The guest can probably find us on the leading social media site too. They can then view our vehicles and see the wonderful reviews that we regularly receive.

If the guest agrees that they did not actually use our company, then perhaps they can withdraw the review instead of damaging our business.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

I'm very ungry, we had ask shuttle transport from Model Resort to airport departure terminal and the driver leave us at arrival terminal. We had to walk with our lagguge and hand bags 100 mts, under a very hot weather. The taxi driver triky or stupid, maybe both, because he could stop at departure door

Tho S, Manager at Siem Reap Shuttle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

Dear Valued Client

The booking for this guest was at 8pm, i.e. in the evening. We had a vehicle organised with our professional driver.

Unfortunately, there was a communication error between the HOTEL RECEPTION and THE GUEST. The guest really needed a pickup at 8am, i.e. in the morning.

The hotel reception staff called us after 8am and the hotels error was discovered. The mistake was not ours. But we are a professional company and so we agreed to help the hotel. Our staff rushed to find alternate transport for the guest. Our company did not have transport available at that time and so we contacted another transport provider on behalf of the hotel and guest.

Due to the rush, caused by the hotel or guest mistake, it appears that the alternate driver also made a mistake and delivered the guest to the wrong terminal. Incidentally, the terminals are not called 'arrival' and 'departure', they are called 'international' and 'domestic'.

We regret that the guest was inconvenienced. We are also quite annoyed that we are receiving the blame for other peoples mistakes.

We did not make a booking error. We did not provide the transport. We did not make any profit. But we are getting the blame.

We have now learned that we should NOT help people to resolve their problems.

Best Regards

Sina THo

Reviewed March 21, 2017

My tour to Siem Reap with my fellow friends, has been a wonderful delight to my eyes and mind. The tour provided me with much experience that helped me to understand and appreciate the value of culture and heritage of Hinduism and Buddhism. The tour was scheduled to enable us to visit almost all the important attractions. Thanks to our guide Mr Chantey, for helping us to plan our journey within the area. Other than that he also helped us to select good restaurants for our main meals. As he explained about the places, he allowed us to discuss and question for better understanding. Mr Chantey has also been very professional, at the same time behaved friendly, polite, kind, helpful and understanding to us. This trip is a memorable one on the positive side. Thank you for the delightful experience.