All reviews lava restaurant angkor wat tuk tuk onsite restaurant mosquito net pub street small hotel after a long day explore siem reap amazing place to stay boutique hotel provided free loved our stay temple visit swimming pool is excellent hotel speak good english
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I love this beautiful villa, the location is just 5min always from the city center. The surrounding area is so green over looking the River. The room is big and unique design very clean, fast speed of wifi access which is very convenience for me as a business person that always bring along with laptop for working. I was so impressed with the breakfast they serve. I had Cambodian rice soup serve with salty egg, dry fish and on top I have juice and fruit salad which is very value for the room rate I spent. The staff was so kind. They also have on site restaurant serve a lot of Cambodian cuisine- very yummy. I had my dinner here twice. I would absolutely recommend to everyone who plan their visit to Siem Reap, please find out River Bay Villa.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Culture645829
Reviewed April 28, 2016

The hotel is very central located but in a small alley and very quiet at night which is perfect. We had a room with pool view on the ground floor. The room itself was not too big, The daily cleaning worked very good. The staffs friendly always smile and ready to answer each question and etc.. I would in any case again sleep here when we come again to Siem Reap.

Tip - there's a notice on the door leading to the street which suggests indicative rates for ever present Tuk Tuks. This is useful and saves a LOT of haggling.

Totally charming and highly recommended for the price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 79dominique
Reviewed April 23, 2016

I can't tell you what this hotel is about because it was absolutely wonderful with really great staffs and so helpful in arranging the tour, provided us a lot recommendation about where we should go for our special vacation beside Angkor Complex. This hotel also consists of one restaurant which serve very delicious food.

I felt really sad to leave the hotel and everyone seems like they didn't want us to leave as well.

I definitely come here again and enjoy my time at River Bay Villa, as my second home.

Room tip: Please choose 201
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank fernandez125
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Everything is so awesome. I and my friend stayed in this hotel during Khmer New Year. The room is big with a nice decoration great facilities/amenities. I had my food onsite of their restaurant over looking the River (LAVA restaurant) very cozy and so delicious. I couldn't stop having food during my holiday in Cambodia in this restaurant. The staff are very friendly, they find out of their way to help you every needs while the traffic during new year is so packed, they help to send us to Pub Street to enjoy the New Year and it was really damn fun.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers who wish to visit Cambodia. I will be back. Keep it up River Bay Villa Team.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Positives:
Their staff tuk-tuk driver picked us up at the bus station. I'll add that he had to wait an hour for our arrival due to the traffic since it was Khmer New Year.

Net, the guest relation person, helped in arranging a tour of Angkor Wat, Bayon and Ta Prohm with an English speaking guide.

The pool, although small was clean and fairly well maintained.

Negatives:
Upon arrival at the hotel the receptionist on duty insisted my wife and I decide which tour of the temples we wanted for the following morning. Since we had been on a bus for 7.5hrs all we wanted to do was check-in, go to the room and get something to eat but she seemed aloof to this. As I stated in the positives, our tour had already been arranged and confirmed via email. We wanted to start our tour at 6am to avoid the heat of the day and that was made abundantly clear or so we thought. The following morning we were up and ready to go by 6am only for the new duty receptionist to tell us we couldn't leave until 6:30. When asked why he said the guide chose the time and he forgot to inform us. Consequently, the guide said it was the hotel that changed the time, not him. Classic he said she said rubbish.

The room was not very clean and looked very tattered. The aircon was not strong enough to cool off the room so we had to get a fan from reception.
There was no shower curtain although there was a rod for it. The safety lock on the door was missing.
The food was less than inspiring as it was for the most part bland and putrid.

We asked for 2 90min aromatherapy massages, 2 facials and 2 pedicures out of the spa menu in the room. The total would have been around $135 dollars but they couldn't arrange that. This was the worst customer service we experienced during our trip around Cambodia.

A hotel simply can not operate properly if only 1 out of 3 receptionist are competent. There needs to be some serious training done in this area.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
River B, Manager at River Bay Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Dear Rodney,

Greetings from River Bay Villa !
Thank you very much for sharing us the very constructive feedback.

First of all, kindly allow us to express our sincere gratitude for taking your valued time to share your experience for all travelers.

We are terribly sorry to learn that our team were not able to deliver the best customer service and make your experience in Cambodia a memorable once. The team always care about our residents's comfort and happiness. The minute, we learnt that you have not been pleased with our team on duty while they asked you on the tour arrangement upon arrival.

In the situation while our driver pick up you from the bus station - on the way, we received a call from you requesting us to re-arrange your tour at Angkor Wat for the first morning from Tuk Tuk to Car, however the team had informed that with this last minute change we were not able to find any car while Cambodia now is packed with traffic due New Year. You may experienced why we could not re-arrange this request? hence upon arrival the team on duty just wanted to re-confirm and clarify on this temple tour since you have confirmed us that we can discussed further upon check-in. She just wanted to leverage more regarding the traffic/map of Angkor Sangranta, the road were blocked some part and the cars is not allow to enter the Angkor Wat and Bayon Temple. We learnt the mistake that we forgot to inform you for the pick-up time was (30 minutes) changed in last minute from the tour guide that we had booked for your trip due they just informed us late night, and we didn't want to disturb your sleep time until early morning of your tour.

Second thing, you were also not been pleased with our room assignment led by air-conditioning not so been cool. We did everything to upgrade your room to our Deluxe occupancy, however you still prefer the same room with additional fan. So we have to follow guest decision.

Third thing, we really wanted to arrange the Spa treatment as a part of our service and hotel revenue. Kindly be informed that, we did the best to follow up all of our corporate SPA, but they couldn't manage this for us due they lacked of labor support while the staff were leaving for their Khmer New Year holidays. Most of the shop were closed too.

Once again, we do apologizes for the inconvenience and the frustration that we have caused you. We are so sorry that we were not able to offer you the best possible service and team effort did not meet your expectation during your stay. It would be great if we would have chance again to take care your second trip in Cambodia. We ensure to deliver the best customer service to you.

We wish you a great moment and happiness all the time you do.

Very best personal regards,