Review Highlights
The best way to experience the Temples!

Thank you Alessandro! What was to be a one day photography tour turned into two. I loved the... read more

Reviewed December 31, 2020
CathDownes
Brisbane, Australia
A wonderful experience!

I always find family photos exhausting and difficult, but Regis was amazing. He captured our family... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2020

from $59.89
from $18.00
from $37.00
More Info
All reviews photo tour these guys great shots street photography photography workshop local language professional photographer manual settings great images great teacher different perspective day tour water blessing photo opportunities different levels rainy season on stilts
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I booked a half-day tour with Chris early in our stay in Siem Reap as although my husband is an excellent photographer he was hoping to take his photos to the next level and to get some tips on how to shoot the temples themselves to best advantage. We got much more than that with Chris who guided us through temples in such a way as it felt like it was just us and gave us some great tips on how to avoid the crowds (he's been in Siem Reap for over 5 years so he's had a bit of practice!). Chris is full of other interesting information about the temples and what it's like to live in Siem Reap so even if you're just along for the ride (like myself), you're sure to have a great time. Husband says his technique has improved a lot and we have some great shots already. We did a half day tour and added on the Angkor Wat sunrise shoot, which I really can't recommend enough. The additional cost is nominal and having someone there to help you get in position and take the perfect shot really takes the stress out of it when you're there with 500 of your newest friends. Thank you Chris!

P.S. Also can't recommend Sophy (our driver) enough, we've ended up hiring him for almost every day after the photography tour.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank thegoldenfox
Reviewed August 12, 2019

I had a wonderful day with Alessandro and two other travelers that I met during this day-trip in the hidden places of Angkor.
Alessandro is very kind and knows very well when and where to go in order to get the most beautiful light and proposes you a view without too many tourists.
I really appreciated his photographic and technical advices ; he helped me get out of my comfort zone with my camera to get the best of it.
I highly recommand this tour, as the place he took us were well chosen, and the resulting pictures are simply amazing :)
Thank you again!
On a more practical level, it is really easy to deal with this company, Allessandro answered promptly to each of my emails, and everything was really smooth on the day of the trip.
I was also really happy to be able to share the cost with other (photo-driven) travelers, as it is a bit expensive for a solo trav

1  Thank florakergrohen
Reviewed August 4, 2019

I loved every moment of the 1-day photo tour I did with Regis and 3 other fellow travellers I met that day in Angkor. Regis was very friendly and we all had a great time learning the basics of photography and visiting the temples out of the beaten track, while discovering little hidden spots thanks to his years of experience living in Cambodia. His expertise and advice have helped me loads ever since, in my travel photography and I wish I could go back and spend more time doing longer photo-tours with him. I definitely recommend this photo-tour to anyone who loves photography and want to experience Angkor & Cambodia under a different approach than the regular guided tours.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank solohimalayantravel
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Seriously, money well worth spend. Loved every minute of it with Regis. He was patient, and very easy going. Loved his knowledge of the area, which had been a concern for me prior to arriving, but needed of worried about that. His knowledge on finding the gems to photograhy and tricks were great.
Their company was easy to deal with, emails returned promptly with suggestions on what might work better for me. I did an afternoon session and then a morning session at the temples.
We did a mixture of what I was interested in along with a 2 hour workshop to learn lightroom. His suggestions on file management was spot on.
Have raved about my experience every since I arrived home!

Reviewed July 24, 2019

I have done the great one-day 'Beyond Angkor Photo Tour' with Régis two days ago.
Imho, what brings a photography workshop or tour to the next level is not only a teacher being a good photographer with a solid tecnical competence, but also his capacity and readiness to share his passion and knowlegde.
Régis undoubtely has all these skills and much more.
His clear and personalised explanations and very advanced photography skills are combined with a pleasant and charismatic personality.
You feel to be in good hands of someone who knows where to go when for the best shots. Régis naturally engages (and involves you) in discussions with locals and shows you that respect and honest interaction are key for a good photographer.
Régis trains your eye to recognise the right conditions for a good shot and shares with you possible ways to 'tell a story' (light, angles, composition etc) without limiting your ideas. A truly inspirational approach.
All this is complemented by a precious feedback right after taking the shots, with many useful tips- in an easy-going atmosphere.
I have felt throughout the whole day that Régis was genuinely committed to help me to get to the next level and I am very much looking forward to seeing him again in one of his classes or photography trips.