“Great Photo Time With Chris!”

Angkor Travel Photography - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Angkor Travel Photography offers tailor-made photography tours and workshops ranging from half-day excursions to tours lasting up to 2 weeks in Cambodia. We are professional photographers and our tours, lessons and workshops cater for all levels: from beginners keen to learn about the technical aspects of photography and composition through to professionals that want to tap into local knowledge to ensure they are in the right place at the right moment.
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of doing 2 days with Chris. One day was the temple tour, which obviously you have to see but isn't ideally my cup of tea photography wise. Chris was amazing at taking us around to some less visited temples, showing us around and pointing out some great shots that I may have missed. Note that you will NOT go to Angkor Wat on this tour (unless you do the sunrise option), but I didn't feel like I missed out since the temples we did visit were very rewarding.

The 2nd day was a lot more up my alley, street photography. We started the day at a local market which in Asia always provides for some great opportunities to shoot some characters. In the afternoon we stopped by a village on the lake, which I gotta tell you, was amazing. Do know that it is vastly different from what you expect to see in Siem Reap and much more local. I could have spent an entire day there...or week.

Anyways, if you're into photography then take this tour, and Chris rules.

All reviews
"teaching style"
"compact camera"
"manual settings"

Reviewed December 19, 2017

Angkor Travel Photography does it right. I travel the world and when I am on site at the destination I loath wasted time. For me, I needed photography instruction, local temple knowledge, reliable transportation and good eats. Alessandro "Ale" V. put all of that together. I also met his colleague, Regis B. as we traveled the temples so it doesn't matter who you get, these guys will provide an experience worth your time. -Jeff M.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

I took a 1/2 day private tour of the Hidden Gems of Angkor Temples with Binard Regis and had an amazing time. Binard tailored the tour to my needs. He learned about my level of experience and what I liked to photograph and then created the day around that. We went to a temple where there was only one other couple, and at one point, we were the only visitors there. It was amazing in contrast to Angkor Wat, which we saw on the way out from afar, where there were hundreds of of people. Each temple we saw was more unique than the next and a great adventure. Besides all the amazing sites, I learned so much! Tons of tips about my camera and I learned a whole new way to shoot - I put it to use the following day on another tour (I used a different photography tour company the next day, but they were not nearly as good as Binard!) I would book this tour again if I was in the area. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to go out with Chris to the temples this past weekend. We went to Ta Prohm; Ta Nei; Victory Gate/Ghost Gate (on the eastern wall of Angkor Thom); Preah Khan; Preah Palilay; and Bayon all in one day.
Not only did Chris show me some excellent spots and great angles for Photography, he also let me use his 56mm 1.2 prime lens for some great shot (However I don’t think that’s part of the official tour). I would def recommend Chris and his company for anyone wanting to get some great shots in Siem Reap.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We had the opportunity to take a early morning tour with Ale. The tour was beyond our expectations. The tour began with a discussion of our photography levels, what makes a good photo, and how to get that. While we are at different skill levels, Ale made us both feel very comfortable while educating and challenging us to take better photos. One of the most important things that Ale taught us was how to become comfortable approaching people and asking to take their photo. This is a skill that we will practice further. His feedback along the way was really useful, but the most useful thing for us was the encouragement to get out of our comfort zone (e.g. switch off automatic mode) and interact with our subjects. We had a great time and came back with amazing photos. Definitely sign up for this tour!