Review Highlights
The best way to experience the Temples!

Thank you Alessandro! What was to be a one day photography tour turned into two. I loved the... read more

Reviewed December 31, 2020
CathDownes
Brisbane, Australia
A wonderful experience!

I always find family photos exhausting and difficult, but Regis was amazing. He captured our family... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2020

from $59.89
from $46.16
from $18.00
More Info
All reviews photo tour these guys great shots street photography photography workshop local language professional photographer manual settings great images great teacher different perspective day tour water blessing photo opportunities different levels rainy season on stilts
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2017

This is a must if you want to photograph and understand the temples of Angkor Wat. All day Ale showed us and gave us a unique insight into the area. Not only helping on photography technique throughout the day but taking you to the areas in the complex where the light is best at certain times of day and are much quieter and away from the crowds (trust me this in invaluable if you have no idea of the area of Angkor).
We even got unique access to some of the Pagodas and local monks Ale knew. You will not get this going alone and wondering around yourself.
We came away from the day feeling humbled as we had seen areas that your average tourist would just walk by and miss. A must do for any photographer of any level.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed March 7, 2017

We had 3 wonderful days with Regis and Chris. It was the second times in Siem reap and we discovered new places and met amazing people. Regis knows perfectly the country and as he speaks Cambodian, which it makes easier the communication with local people.
He is teaching very well , simply and efficiently. He is sharing his experience with humility... he is pro BUT a great photopgraph ! :)

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

We were two persons and booked a private day Tour with the guide Regis Binard. The tous was definitely worth the money!

I just bought a new camera a few months ago and couldn't use it that good, but that was absolutely no problem because Regis can explain you everything in good English. My boyfriend rented a camera and Regis brought it for him which was good, so we didn't have to carry two cameras in our luggage but could both take photos the whole day.

Regis knows exactly which places and spots you should visit at which time and so we could take lots of beautiful fotos without any tourist on it!

We highly recommend this tour to photography beginner who want to learn a lot about photography in general and also professionals who are looking for hidden spots they won't find by theirselves.

Thank you Regis!

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed February 13, 2017

At first I was worried I wasn't going to be advanced enough or know enough about my camera (or photography in general) to really enjoy this tour, however in no time I felt I was in good hands.

From chilling on the banks of the lake during sunrise at Angkor, to the local market where combined hair salon/butcher shops and mini channels of blood exist - ending in running through a field at sunset chasing down farmers with their herds. Ha! Crazy gringos. Had the best day ever.

The highlight was definitely the village by Tonle Sap...so many fun and happy locals who were very receptive to having their picture taken.
Highly recommend this tour!
Chris is super knowledgable and has a great philosophy surrounding photography. I felt I got my money worth in the first couple hours...and you will see he has really done the work to get this business up and running. This guy is LEGIT!
Good luck to you, Chris!
P.S SO happy to have the break! We really needed it by this stage. Had a swim, lunch and felt recharged.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 5, 2017

Booked the Hidden Angkor full day tour with Chris - it was worth every penny! Chris is not only accommodating and knowledgeable; he is an excellent and approachable teacher. I felt instantly comfortable with him, and soaked up a ton of knowledge about taking better photos. He is skilled with the mechanics of digital photography, but also has much to share in terms of executing photographic vision. In addition, his tour has been very thoughtfully arranged to allow his guests to arrive at the temples at the best possible time for lighting and minimal crowd size. Chris led me to a temple hidden in the woods and there were only a handle of other people there. We had plenty of space and time to go over how to better use my DSLR, how to wait for the right moments to shoot, framing, lighting, and so much more. And he knows where tons of little secret details are hiding! Chris is a very friendly, conversational, and down-to-earth professional; this was major! I've been shooting for a while, but haven't gotten past certain "blocks" in my photographic work - Chris really helped clarify things that had previously seemed overwhelming and confusing. What a wonderful way to experience Angkor. Chris, thank you for the knowledge you shared and all of your wonderful recommendations!

Date of experience: January 2017