“INCREDIBLE AND REWARDING EXPERIENCE - DON'T MISS THIS EXPERIENCE”

Angkor Travel Photography - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Angkor Travel Photography offers tailor-made photography tours and workshops ranging from half-day excursions to tours lasting up to 2 weeks in Cambodia. We are professional photographers and our tours, lessons and workshops cater for all levels: from beginners keen to learn about the technical aspects of photography and composition through to professionals that want to tap into local knowledge to ensure they are in the right place at the right moment.
Reviewed August 24, 2016

This was one of the best tours I’ve ever taken. Perhaps it’s because of my passion for photography, but the combination of tour paired with photography and great subject matter made it my ideal adventure. First there are plenty of itineraries to choose from. I chose a full day with a focus on the people of the Siem Reap countryside. At the end of the day, it felt like I had been out for several days, in a good way. I never felt rushed. Regis Binard, my guide and mentor, was fantastic at finding subject matter and interacting with those people I photographed. He spoke fluent Khmer with helped break the ice. He also had a very approachable demeanor which helped gain access, a key to getting great photos and more importantly, put the subjects at ease while I went crazy taking photos. Although I’m rather comfortable with a DSLR, he still found ways to help make my photography better. At the end of the day I felt that I had taken some of the best photos I’ve ever taken, all in this single day. Do not think twice about this tour, especially if you have the slightest interest in photography, it will provide great memories and you will make great photographs, both of which will last a lifetime.
Of note this was second time working with Regis. The first time we focused on temples. He knew every nook and cranny of the numerous sites. Better yet he knew the lighting and when and where was best to shoot. If you’re in Siem Reap to see ruins start with a temple tour. I’m glad I did this. It even inspired me to return Siem Reap a second time. Final recommendation is talk to your guide prior and discuss your skill level, what camera system you have, and what you like/want to photograph. They are awesome at communicating with their customers, before and after. Again, this is a tour you do not want to miss.

Date of experience: August 2016
"market sellers"
"love photography"
"great images"

Reviewed July 21, 2016

Travel with Angkor Travel is not the usual photographic journey organized but an experience that leaves you thinking and a lot of emotions, a trip that in addition to the usual tourist destinations also arrives in the reality of the country which includes villages on stilts, local markets, tastes and smells and allows you to discover the magnificent Cambodian people.
The Organization has proven to be perfect and Alessandro, in addition to being a great photographer, handled flawlessly all our needs.
Also dealing with neighbouring States travel definitely going to use it for my future trips.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed July 14, 2016

I travel to Siem Reap several times a year and wherever possible make sure I get to have time with Alessandro Vannucci whom I consider a remarkable and gifted photographer and teacher. Of special interest and help to me is his amazing understanding of the light and how to appreciate and use it to best effect. I recommend him very highly.
Victoria

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Right from the first contact with Regis I had a good feeling about my trip to the Temples of Angkor with this travel photography tour. It totally blowed my expectations! So profesional, flexible, alert to all details, experienced in photography, there are so many reasons why you should consider these guys as your photography tour if you ever go to Angkor. I had the privilege to have Regis as my photography tour guy for that day and I had an unforgivable experience. I asked him to prepare temples, monks, ceremonies, people, and he was right on top of all with a great actitud. His understanding of photography has change the way a look things now when I want to take a shot. Thank you Regis, hope you guys the best!!!

Date of experience: June 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

I used to live in Cambodia and so had the opportunity to visit the temples a few times in the past, but this time was definitely my BEST experience yet in Angkor.

This year, in February, my husband and I decided we’d visit some good friends and family in Cambodia, and of course we decided to go to the temples again. But this time we wanted to bring back some nice pictures with us. We definitely did!

I love that the company put us in touch directly with our photographer for the day, Alessandro (Ale for short), and he organised and tailored everything for us, including fitting in a few requests that aren’t part of the regular tour route. Ale is friendly and very knowledgeable about photography - I learned that a lot more was possible with my little camera than I’d previously thought, and we were amazed by the places he showed us. Even though we lived in Cambodia for a while, and we know that February is a busy month for tourism there, Ale not only showed us a few places we had never seen before, but also helped us to revisit the main temples when there were far fewer tourists than we had experienced in our previous trips to the temples. It was such a perfect day!

I would highly recommend Angkor Travel Photograpy. Go with them, have fun, and see lots of hidden places!

Date of experience: February 2016