Le Meridien Angkor(Siem Reap)
$437
$95
LeMeridien.com
  • Breakfast included
The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR(Siem Reap)
$79
$60
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa(Siem Reap)
$74
$51
Lotus Blanc Resort(Siem Reap)
$60
$45
Agoda.com
The Privilege Floor by LOTUS BLANC(Siem Reap)
Free cancellation until 08/02
$101
$33
$31
  • Breakfast included
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
$98
$73
Free cancellation until 07/29
$281
$255
$184
$170
All reviewsrooftop spathe ground floorpub streettuk tukbreakfast is servedold marketacross the rivervintage mercedesbeautiful boutique hotelwithin easy walking distancequiet areasister hotelfew minutes walkloved this hotelvisiting siem reapbeautiful pooldriver
Reviewed February 14, 2009

This is a great boutique hotel in Siem Reap. Beautifully set, comprehensive service. We stayed for 3 nights and wished we could stay longer. The same can be said of other guests.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2009

This is my second time to Siem Reap and opposed to staying at the Raffles or the Hotel De La Paix, I stayed at a boutique low-priced hotel, VIROTH at $80 a night that included taxes and breakfast. I traveled with my cousin, therefore it was $40 a night. This is well worth the money if you can do without the robe, slippers, aveda producers and a swanky lobby. First, I booked the room directly through the hotel via e-mail. Saay was a pleasure and extremely accomodating with my multiple changes in my reservation. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small (but way bigger than the smallest room at the Paramount Hotel in New York City). The room was modern and clean. The bed was comfortable, not cushion soft, but comfortable. Let's put it this way. I liked it, but it was too hard for my cousin. The television carried mulitple channels including CNN. The air conditioner worked well and kept the room cool. There was always bottled water in the room. Please note, as I made this mistake and took a cold shower - which is the hot water knob and the cold water knob and once you know that, the water must run a couple/few minutes before turning hot. Thanks to Saay for pointing that out. The pressure was nice and strong. The breakfast on the rooftop was lovely every morning. Coffee, fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, muffins and bread were all delicious. And again, a very courteous wait staff.
The location is GREAT. It is in walking distance to town. It is on a quiet street, so no need to worry about hearing street noise from your room in the evenings. There is internet access in the lobby if you bring your laptop. Saay went above and beyond and did loan me his personal computer each morning to check my e-mails. And if you ar looking for a driver, sam pho is great...www.angkordriver-sam.com He knows his way around all the temples and sites. One of my best meals was at Kama Sutra on Pub Street for delicious and inexpensive Indian Food. I had one dinner at Meric at the Hotel De La Paix. It was slightly disappointing as I ordered the tasting menu and you must have adventurous taste buds, which i do not. Although great ambience, great service and good wine. If you are on a budget, Viroth is a great choice. Clean, modern, friendly staff and a great location.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank roundtheworld7
Reviewed January 1, 2009

My stay at Viroth's was excellent. A peaceful respite from the tourist flood in Siem Reap. The design consistency is nice.

I enjoyed the pool in the afternoons. I have a hard time to really find anything to complain about. Great stay

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I found out about Viroth's just two weeks before arriving at Siem Reap. Even though I already have reservations at Auberge Mont-Royal, I was very keen to stay at Viroth's after reading raving reviews about it. Unfortunately, I was only able to book one night at the hotel (the last night), but decided to check it out anyway since it seems so nice.

It was worth the trouble of a move. First off, I liked the design and aesthetic choices of the hotel. It is clean, very chic but yet warm and welcoming. The room was very nice. We got the nicest room in the hotel and I encourage anyone to try to get Room 3, which is on the ground floor and next to the pool. The room has an additional door that opens up directly to a somewhat private area right by the pool.

There were a few nice design touches in the room too - the little hand made soap, the lap sink, the rain shower, both air-conditioning and fan (fans are great for mosquito prevention since mosies can't deal with wind). Also, the salt water pool was simply wonderful after a day of visiting the temples. The roof area was very nice too for breakfast. Incidentally, breakfast was delicious (you get to pick from a range of options: croissant to toast to eggs to fruits to yogurt).

Hotel is not perfect, however. Even though the staff is friendly, not all of them communicate in English well. We had a huge misunderstanding over a massage session my husband and I book. They were very nice about it in the end, but I missed out on my massage. That said, according to my husband, it got a bit cold up there with the giant fan running.

Still, I can't say enough good things about this lovely hotel. We had a great time. Incidentally, we had a toddler with us. Viroth's has lots of flat spaces for a young child to walk around. There is a pool to contend with, but the lobby area and the roof are good for a young child to explore as long as the parent is constantly with him/her. The other hotel we stayed at had many steps here and there and so even though we were with her, it felt more hazardous.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jaczxy
Reviewed November 14, 2008

A friend who lives in Cambodia recommended Viroth's, and we were really happy with our stay there. It is clean and the design is modern: a comfortable place to chill out after a hectic day of seeing temples and so on. We liked the roof terrace and the pool, and the shower. There's good attention to detail.

But there's a catch.

It was only when we got to the airport that we realised that £45 had been taken from our safety deposit box - someone had taken one of each of the duplicate notes in my wallet. As we had read the reviews here prior to our trip, we had noticed that there was one bad review stating about money being stolen from a room, and had written down exactly how much money we had left in the safety deposit box.

We love Cambodia, and we did like the hotel. But stealing is unacceptable, and especially in a planned manner, which we believe it was. We were especially encouraged to use the safety deposit box upon arrival, and of course there is a "We can accept no responsibility for lost contents" disclaimer posted next to it. They knew we would be out for some time, and took advantage of this, also knowing that we wouldn't be looking at our British currency immediately.

It's too easy to write off this sort of behaviour through guilt at coming from a developed nation when others don't have access to the same privileges. But stealing is unacceptable, and if it continues to happen Viroth's will eventually bite the hand that feeds them. My message to management is to find out who in your staff is a thief, and deal with it before the problem gets worse. It's sad, and disappointing, because the majority of Khmer people are fabulous, friendly and honest.

And my message to other travellers is to look after your valuables should you decide to stay here. I have been to Cambodia a couple of times now, and certainly feel safer walking down the street with a bunch of cash than leaving it to be stolen while my back is turned.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CambodgeQueen
SiemReapBenny, Owner at Viroth's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2008

I am so disappointed about this comment.
I am sorry to be so confident, but I think it is just impossible that a guest in my hotel lose anything locked in his safety box.
Me, the owner, am the only one who handle the master keys of all the hotel safety boxes. These keys are kept at my private house, in another safety box. Without either the master key or the guest own password, we CANNOT open the safety box.
As you noticed, we had a guest in the past who said she had lost money in her room, and we felt very embarrassed with this. The difference being was that the money was not locked into the safe.
I wish "Cambodge Queen"would have contacted me straight after the issue to discuss this matter. We could have come up to a reasonnable solution after understanding each other.