“Awesome hotel”
Review of Viroth's Villa

Viroth's Villa
Ranked #8 of 521 B&Bs / Inns in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed over in March 2014 and I am satisfied with the whole thing in the hotel. My partner and I was welcomed with friendly staff and nice view of the the entrance. They also have a friendly tuk tuk driver named Deena who is humble and friendly. He drove us everywhere we went and we were so comfortable with him so please request for him and you will understand what I mean.

I reached the hotel too early in the morning, therefore our room was not ready for check in and it was nice of them to offer us breakfast with discount and the food was simple yet delicious. When it was time, I am amazed with the design of the hotel room and the lemon grass scent that surrounded the room made us feel relax. The bed was huge and comfortable nice comforter. Since I got the ground level it was great to have a small balcony outside.

I love the open concept toilet with a big shower. In case some of you don't like the open concept not to worry cos it is away from your bed so at least your friend can sit quietly on the bed while you enjoy your shower. We took a package that comes with massage and dinner as well as free cocktail. I enjoyed the massage especially after coming back from a whole day of activity like atv and temple visits. The ambience was good with soothing music. Dinner at Viroth restaurant was perfect too (will write the review in the restaurant column. )

Oh yes I decided to give my partner a surprise cake since it was her birthday so I had emailed the hotel way before and the staff has planned it well and of course my partner was full of surprised. Thank you to the staff for getting a big chocolate cake and we ended up sharing to with the staff. Hahhahaaa.

I will definitely come back here if I happen to visit Siam Reap again!!! Thumbs up Viroth's Hotel! Thank you for your excellent service =).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SiemReapBenny, Manager at Viroth's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your times to give us a very good positive review of the Viroth's Hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at Viroth's in February, 2014, and found it to be perfect. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel grounds were tastefully decorated and very pleasant. We used the spa service and found it to be wonderful. The breakfasts were quite good. But mostly, Saay and the rest of the staff were amazing and always so helpful and friendly. Do yourself a favor and stay here. As a bonus, the owner treats his all-Cambodian staff much better than many of the other local hotels. Kudos to Viroth's!

Stayed: February 2014
SiemReapBenny, Manager at Viroth's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your times to give us a very good positive review of the Viroth's Hotel and very details description about our team. It is greatly appreciated by management and staff

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The best boutique hotel I have seen so far, friendly staffs and very cosy environment, clean and nicely decorated with some plant and lotus flower. Rooms are completed with basic amenities (even including safety deposit box, hairdrier, iphone dock). Definitely will stay here again for my next visit.

Room Tip: Room 4 on second floor having a balcony facing street which I like it a lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SiemReapBenny, Manager at Viroth's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your very positive and complementary review of Viroth's Hotel– it’s greatly appreciated by management and staff. We were delighted to serve you during your stay and very pleased to serving you the best service again for your returning in Siem Reap in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

What a stay we had at Viroth's Hotel. We spent 5 nights here in February and loved everything about the experience. First of all - its a phenomenal value and it's owned by a Cambodian. I think it's important that as Westerners we keep the money in Cambodian to help this amazing country grow. Secondly - the manager of this hotel - Saay - is a amazing leader and sets the example that all of his employees follow. I stay in hotels nearly 100 nights a year and feel like I know something about service levels. Asia in general has a higher level of service to the West. I'd heard it before but didn't realize it until this trip. We were very well taken care of here. From boxed breakfasts to go so we could enjoy sunrise to a picnic lunch - was all done gracefully and with a smile. We enjoyed several massages on the rooftop and those were scheduled and ready within 30 minutes. Saay (Hotel Manager) is one of my favorite people I met my entire time in Cambodia and has such a wonderful attitude about life and the example he is setting for his employees. Not only is he the GM of the hotel but I witnessed him cutting and prepping flowers, handling breakfast, doing maintenance, running the front desk. I would also like to mention Dina the Tuk Tuk driver attached to the hotel. What a nice man - couldn't have been more friendly and always tried to help us with whatever we needed. This place gets my highest recommendation and would be a great spot for any couples looking for some quiet luxury while in Siem Reap. My best to everyone at Viroths Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 7 on the 2nd Floor and really liked it. The only other room that may be better is...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SiemReapBenny, Manager at Viroth's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your times to give us a very good positive review of the hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights after a recommendation from a friend. It is a beautiful little oasis in a great location. With only 7 rooms available, the staff is professional, attentive and personal, especially the manager, Saay. We bought a package which included a couple cocktails, a delicious breakfast daily, 1 fixed multi course dinner for 2 at their highly rated restaurant around the block, a couples massage, and transportation to/from the airport (or in our case a bus station pick-up and airport delivery). The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and contemporary. I was originally disappointed that there wasn't an electrical kettle in the room because I'm an early riser but I was able to get coffee from the bar area before the set breakfast time. The staff set up our tour to Angkor with an excellent guide and if you go for sunrise they will pack your breakfast. The pool is also welcome spot after a long hot day. The hotel is modern and trendy but retains a very intimate feel. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

It is greatly appreciated by management and our team.

The whole team and I are very much looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

right on the corner of one of the busiest streets of Siem Reap is this quiet guesthouse boutique; great host and very professional service, despite the proximity of the road the rooms are very quiet as well as spacious.
We recommend it without hesitation for both the service and for her to be in the center.
Viroth's alive!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
SiemReapBenny, Manager at Viroth's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for your very positive and complementary review – it’s greatly appreciated by management and staff. We were delighted to serve you during your stay and hope you will return to stay with us in Siem Reap in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It was our first time to the country of Cambodia. Not susee. They have their own car, provided umbrellas, waited for US tre What to expect, we found Viroth's Hotel thru New York Times Article- 36 Hours in Siem Reap (Which hasn't steered us wrong yet). Upon arrival, we were greeted with smiles. Our room was on the 2nd floor, with Breakfast and Wifi included. Our room was beautiful. By no means was this some fancy Raffles, but for our money, it blew my expectations out of the water! Firstly, l had a wonderful Mani-Pedi ($15 USD) On the rooftop, while i enjoyed a mimosa. They weren't sure what it was I wanted to drink, but Once I told the bartender wine and orange juice, he ran to the restaurant to get my wine! l couldn't believe the service. The location of the Hotel is prime. A $1 USD tuk-tuk, and we were on pub street. l liked that it wasn't packed and it didn't feel like we were on a resort, but still were treated as though we were. The front desk Staff even took us on a tour of the temples are wanted to see. They have their own car, provided umbrellas, waited for us and took pictures of my boyfriend and I. l reccomend this hotel to couples looking for a romantic & affordable vacation.
OH! And there is a salt water pool!

Room Tip: There aren't many rooms, but that's what I liked about it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple