“Great location nice room friendly staff ”

Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel
Ranked #149 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. We had enjoyed our stay great location nice room awesome breakfast. Value for money !! The swimming pool a bit small but clean . We definitely came back for sure and hight recommend to our friends. Don't go to the local restaurant left hand side the hotel ( in the Conner ) poor service the price didn't show on menu you will have trouble as me

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hut S
Claremont A, Director of Sales at Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Hut,
Warm greeting from Claremont Angkor Boutique Hotel

Thank you very much for time to review us into tripadvisor.com. I am much appreciated for your stayed and get back with a good commended.

Note: as your said the restaurant left side is not our properties. You should commend with restaurant's name.

Anyway, thank you again for your bring us a opportunity to serve you and your friends. Should any your friends planning to Siem Reap kindly contact us for personal assistance.

Mr. Savon Vy
om@claremontangkor.com

Reviewed June 2, 2014

i had nice time in this hotel with my fr.The hotel is well designed and the room is quite comfortable, lots of modern facilities. The rooms are very clean and nice size.
I love the way of nice staffs serve the clients with a smoothly talking, friendly and fast service.
Everything was included, good breakfast, high speed Internet access......

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Đoan Trang T

Dear Đoan Trang T,
Greeting from Claremont Angkor Boutique Hotel

Very thanks for your value commend us into TripAdvisor website. We are much appreciated for your positive commend us to travelers.

All Claremont Angkor Boutique Hotel staff are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Mr. Savon Vy
om@claremontangkor.com

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 days driven mostly based on positive reviews from Tripadvisor but regret to say that my experience was negative.

Location: about a mile from the entertainment district and need to pay a couple of dollars for the tuk-tuk ride but at the same time quiet neighborhood. It's a matter of choice so no problems here.

Facilities: the building has a nice facade and there is a small pool and a rooftop restaurant. General areas are quite clean. So far so good but the hot water is unreliable and the room was very dimly lit. I have no problems with mood lighting or saving electricity but when you have to resort to using flashlight to pack then there is a problem.

Service: really serious issues start here. The staff was very friendly and well presented but their English language skills are minimal to say the least. Simple question like "when is breakfast" or "laundry please" is ok but anything beyond that does not get a coherent reply.

For example

"Is there good restaurant near the hotel?"

"Yes on 6th floor"

"Not hotel restaurant but restaurant outside hotel"

"Yes on 6th floor"

In other words any time spent asking questions was wasted and I got far better information from tuk-tuk drivers.

Couple more incidents include taking two days to fix the ceiling light and coming back one day in the evening to find that the room has not been made up.

The real problem was on the day that I checked out. The car to the airport was waiting and while I was looking through the bill. I noticed that they had forgot to charge me for one of the meals and I told them that they should include it.

However they said that everything was ok. Being an honest person I asked them to call the restaurant to check. They called and confirmed that they had undercharged me. I said what the correct total and they said that this is possible only after someone from the restaurant comes down.

Time passes and I was getting late for the flight so I told them that I will put my bags in the car while they sort out the bill. When I started moving my bags they got somewhat irritated and said I must pay before leaving the front desk. I should emphasizes that they made a mistake and undercharged me and I was helping them by paying the full correct amount. I found this situation both surreal and offensive.

Even bigger problem waited for me. When I finally left, hotel car did not have working seat belts and when I suggested that we stop as try to fix the problem, the driver said if I do not like the car, I should get out!

I know that airport cars are not directly managed by the hotel. However I also know that the hotel takes a substantial commission for these cars (as well as for guides, etc) and I believe that the hotel has some responsibility for this.

For your information, I have travelled widely in Cambodia and I have stayed in 5 star hotels in Phnom Penh to $8 guest houses in Sra Em and I have never experienced anything like this.

In conclusion if you just need a clean room (if they bother to service it) in a quiet area but if you need absolutely no support at all from the staff then this hotel is not so bad. However I will never stay here again. I like to think that most the problem was due to extremely poor English language skills (even relative to provincial guest houses) and poor training rather than evil intent. But nevertheless the results were unacceptable for me.

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank E150A
Claremont A, Director of Sales at Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Mr. Chul,
Greeting from Claremont Angnkor Boutique Hotel

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.

We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our customers, we’ve notified the proper department of your complaint.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

The Management

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our tour through Cambodia and felt the accomodation was perfect for what we needed.

Reception is nice with a pool table, chairs and staff are friendly. There is a small outdoor pool outside with loungers as well.

Our room was basic but comfortable, the bed was comfy, air con worked well, TV was good with two english speaking movie channels which was great :-)
Free water in the room.

The bathroom was good with bath and shower and shower gel, shampoo etc free for us to use.

Breakfast was good with Asian choices such as rice, meats, and also scrambled or fried eggs / omelettes cooked for you, toast and spreads, lots of fruit, tea / coffee and juices. All served on the top floor in a nice open air restaurant.

Location was perfect, 10 minutes from the market, and all shops and places to eat but still set in a quiet location so you can get plenty of rest.

Overall we had a comfortable stay and would stay again should we return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our stay here was good and we enjoyed ourselves very much. We stayed for 4 days and spent much of our time at the hotel since it was sweltering outside.

It's a quiet hotel with not too many guests - or if there were, it did not seem crowded. Value for money.

The pool was small but nice and very kid friendly.

The staff (at reception, the meal area, and from the spa) and were friendly and warm and very helpful.

There is construction next door, but it did not bother us too much actually. There was some noise, but we were in the Junior Suite which was on the second floor and did not actually hear much of it.

In terms of location, it is a bit of a walk to Pub Street, but there were always tuktuks outside so not a problem to get a ride anywhere. There are also local restaurants around the corner which is a nice break from the touristy ones on Pub Street.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We decided to stay at the Claremont because of the price, location and the pool. We also had a free airport tuktuk pickup which was excellent and hassle-free; we arranged an airport drop-off when we left, thinking it was also free as part of the hotel, but unfortunately when we got to the airport the driver told us to pay him $5 so that was a bit annoying especially as we had to go and get extra cash out especially. Breakfast was an ok selection but it was the same each day, and always had lots of flies milling about. Egg station was good, and also ordering lunch and drinks on the rooftop was pretty good too. Not sure how many people were actually staying here as we only saw 4 other people in our time at the hotel, and we were the only ones there for happy hour. Not an atmospheric hotel, but nice enough furnishings. The room itself was spacious and comfortable, bed was very large, but the shower pressure was inconsistent at times. Overall, a pleasant stay - though after reading some other reviews now, I'm wishing the hotel staff would have told us a tuktuk to Pub St was only $1 as each time we paid $2 or $3.... Oh and the hotel arranged a very nice driver to take us around Angkor for a morning (for sunrise at 5:30am - 12:30pm) for about $25. He gave us plenty of cold bottled water (it was about 40 deg C) and drove us to about 8 temples, including some great off the beaten track ones. That was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kat858
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hotel is a bit away of the market area and pubstreet but you can still walk it. Staff is friendly and very helpfull. Breakfast is on the rooftop which give a bit of view, but looks very modern. Food was good. It has a small pool, with a lot off shade which is very pleasant with the very hot afternoons.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends