“Amazing. Loved it!”

The Happy Ranch Horse Farm
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Happy Ranch Horse Farm is an international standard horse riding stables that offers countryside trail rides, 1-3 hours through villages, rice fields and to Buddhist temples on gorgeous Cambodian horses and ponies. An eco-friendly way to get an inside look at true Cambodian life, peacefully exploring remote areas on our healthy well trained horses. We have suitable horses for all ages and all experience levels, from first time riders to advanced. A quiet way to explore areas only accessible by horseback. Open from sunrise to sunset. We also offer horse cart rides through the local villages in Siem Reap, Angkor. Please book directly with us to avoid disappointment.
Shanghai, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing. Loved it!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I did a two hour ride with the Happy Ranch Horse Farm. I loved this activity as it was a little different than what most people would do on a holiday. It was a great activity to do on our last morning when we didn't have time or a pass to visit Angkor Wat on a fourth day. The staff was excellent. We had a lead horse and guide and another staff member walked with us beside the horses to make sure everything went smoothly. If you get a chance and want someone else to accompany you, one staff member, Dara (English name Star) was really nice and funny! The horses are well treated and loved by the staff. The ride through the countryside was beautiful and was a good opportunity to see some locals outside of the touristy center of Siem Reap (especially the cute kids who all shouted hello as we passed!). The owner greeted us afterwards. They will provide you with water, a helmet, and a fanny pack to put your things. This was one of the best activities I have done while on a holiday anywhere. Definitely recommend it!

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Vradal, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing ride through the countryside”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had booked a 1 hour ride and as I neared the farm I saw this beautiful, well kept area where the animals have lots of room to move around with beautiful fields and a nice stable. My horse for the day was Aba and he gave me a wonderful time riding through the villages. My guide whose name I don't recall was very nice and he answered all my questions I might have on life in Cambodia etc. Everywhere I looked there were people smiling back at me and children waving. If (when) I'm coming back to Siem Reap I'd definitively go for another ride. The horses are well kept with tack that fits them and I would not hesitate to recommend this place.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Camilla7818
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fun and a great organization.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A wonderful way to spend a couple of hours in Siem Reap. The horses are well treated, and the ranch seems to offer gainful employment to many locals. My wife and I were very impressed with the whole business. We had the opportunity to meet the owner who welcomed us graciously and seemed to be working hard to build a successful business that gave back to his community. Our ride itself was very pleasant. The guides were knowledgeable and tailored the tour to the skill set of the riders. I would definitely recommend this activity to anyone spending a couple days in Siem Reap. As a tip, I'd recommend riding for no longer than 3 hours at a time (even the guides comment that longer than this is too long for them). In addition, pick a morning time to start your ride. Riding in the afternoon gets quite hot.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank vmiccio
USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“As my son says..."I love it"”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was one of the best parts of the trip for our family. The kids loved it the best and wanted to do it again. The horses were in great shape and well taken care of. I will suggest you time your rides with the sunset, you will love it. Initially couple of guys were walking alongside the horses of my young kids, as the kids became more confident, they let my kids control the reins. Kids were very comfortable and actually welcomed it. We rode Balau, Geranimo, Silver, and Diamond.

Overall I highly recommend it if you want to do something off the beaten track (literally)!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SriTal
Sausalito, California
“Had a wonderful time”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 hour temple ride. It was my second time at the ranch and we had a wonderful time. The horses are well cared for and the facilities are modern. The staff clearly know what they are doing and genuinely love their jobs. The horses have wonderful dispositions and are well trained. The ride is a wonderful way to view the countryside. We even wrote a blog about our day. http://lookeastlookwest.blogspot.com/2014/01/happy-ranch-siem-reap.html It was one of the most content and happy days I have had in many years.

Visited December 2013