Angkor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Kool Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Room Service
Memoire Siem Reap Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Phnom Bok Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Skyway Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Allson Angkor is a fine hotel in Siem Reap from which to explore the magnificent temples of Cambodia. The rooms are neat and nice and the staff extremely helpful. The breakfast was very satisfying too but vegetarian options in the a la carte dinner were limited.
This hotel can be a fine starting point from which to visit various archaealogical sites in the city and beyond. Free wifi internet is the added bonus.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Docsport
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My last stay here was august 2007,its still a pleasant hotel for the price.
Maybe its not quite 4 star as advetised,but I find nothing wrong with it here.
If you pay their own sites online price,its expensive.
But If you hunt around online ,you can almost half that price.
Im paying only $32 a double at the moment,and I are there now.
I have a nice front room,overlooking the hotel entry and the two giant Budda heads in the driveway.
Everything in the room works well,and plenty of TV channels and in English.
Front staff are friendly and polite.
The included buffet breakfast is sufficient,but I found the a la carte meal I had in the evening very plain,poorly cooked,and uninteresting.
There are a lot of Asian package tourists here at the moment,so the pool is busy.
I myself like the location away from the busy tourist area,and the hard working Tuk Tuk boys are always outside the hotel waiting to whisk you off to anywhere you want to go.
There is a superette up the road where one can buy ice and booze.A tailor is a short ride away.are ,also several 5 star hotels if you want to swish up for dinner some time,or pop around to the famous Raffles hotel of Singapore fame for a genuine "singapore sling".

Room Tip: Rear rooms have a sliding door to the outside.The front rooms have a nice view to the front entryif you want to se the comings and goings. As usual,always inspect the room first before deciding,or before unpacking if you have checked in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n0mad4u
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Someone on this trip told me that the average length of stay in Cambodia was 2.5 days. Plane loads of tourists depart from Seoul or Hong Kong arrive in Siem Reap, do two days touring the temples of Angkor Wat by bus and then depart. This hotel caters to that tourist crowd.

The lobby seemed alway full of either people waiting to board a bus or with luggage awaiting to go to the assigned room or the bus back to the airport. The staff seemed harried and overworked. A smile and a 'Thank you' or a small tip really seemed to brighten them.

The hallways are wide and echo quite a bit. Add in the solid wood doors to the rooms and you get quite a bit of noise when the groups are departing or returning to their rooms. I don't remember having to slam my door every time I left the room, but some of the doors must have been very hard to latch based on the noise level they caused.

The room was nice, and nothing stands out either good or bad about it. It must have had a hair dryer, a tea kettle. in room safe and toiletries or I would have noted it. The in room Wi-fi was a joke. My computer could see it, but never was able to connect even when the signal read 'Good'. I tried both hard wired computers in the lobby and could not connect to the internet on either one. When I asked the staff about it I got a "what can you do?" type of answer.

The bed was fine and the pillows plenty. The bathroom was clean as was the room. My belongings stayed safe and unmolested by housekeeping. The view from my room on the second floor (the one above the lobby) was of a large empty concrete expanse that could have held dozens of tables for events, but was devoid of anything. If my curtains were open anyone walking across this would be able to see directly into my room. I kept the curtains closed the entire time I was there.

The only meal I ate at the hotel was the free breakfast. The room was crowded and noisy. I just wanted to get in, get my breakfast and get out. I didn't feel like lingering over a second cup of coffee.

I stopped in the gift shop to get a postcard for a friend back home. The choices were minimal and some so old that they had started to yellow with age (really). The staff in the gift shop was very helpful in the sale and even affixed the stamps I bought from her to the cards.

I heard there was a pool on the property but did not pursue it.

As I said the staff seemed overworked and under appreciated. Which is a pity. They went out of their way to make certain that any requests I had were attended to quickly and efficently.

The plaque beside the entrance door had 4 stars on it. Maybe stars are awarded for things like, elevators and swimming pool. As far as 4 Stars from a tourist stand point this hotel just doesn't cut it.

Room Tip: If you want to be sure of any kind of view avoid the second floor (1st for those of you from Europe)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

From the hotel website, it looks nice with those pictures. I would say the hotel is decent but over it's prime era. Please do no confuse with their sister hotel, Paradise Angkor which is located just down the same street.

The receptionists are friendly people but speak limited English, however, they are trying their best to understand English and offer their help. Generally, they are very helpful and polite.

The transparent lift at the lobby is unique, it can only fit max 2 small size adults without luggage and it's very ancient and slow, and its even faster to climb the stairs to the next level. However, I think it is useful for the elderly or special people.

Some part of the carpets have some kind of weird smell, but it's clean n not torn. The soundproof is weak in this hotel as when we walked pass-by some guest rooms, we can easily hear people's talking inside the room.

Our room overseeing the back of the hotel, which has some greeneries as compare to the one facing the main road. The bathroom looks alright, although can be improve. The water pressure is not strong so expect a longer shower. Although there's a tub attach to the shower, but it looks old n have yellow stains. Overall cleanliness of the bathroom n toilet is acceptable but definitely not a 4 Star standard. Air conditioning works well with our room n it's manually adjust. TV is available but we are out whole day and by the time we reach back to hotel is near midnight and sleeping hour so we don't even bother to switch on the TV. Tea and coffee facility is available and a mini fridge inside our room, functioning well. The furnitures are kinda old but still in good shape, so we have no issue on that.

The breakfast is just average, small scale kind of international breakfast with limited choice plus a few selections of fruits n cereals, and an egg station. Please go for the breakfast as early as possible because the big groups of asian mostly Chinese will flood the whole area by 7.30am-7.45am! It's annoyed when they don't Q for their food and just finished off the whole tray of food in just minutes, and some days the hotel will not fill it up anymore! For patrons who came in 15mins past 8 in the morning, there's hardly any food left. If you prefer to start your day with a peaceful breakfast, please go in for breakfast early, if possible by 7am-7.30am, because they start serving the breakfast quite early.

Swimming pool is clean. The gym is a joke, nothing works inside, include the treadmill.

There are a number of restaurants along the hotel n 2 convenient shops next to the hotel. Else, a larger shopping complex is just a mere 15-20mins walk from the hotel. It is also the one and only shopping complex with escalator. You can have more varieties of imported and local beer there.

The hotel location is not very far away from the happening area in town, a.k.a pub street. It's like about 8-10mins tuk-tuk ride only. It won't cost more than USD3 per tuk-tuk ride, they are quite competitive in taking passengers there so if they charge u higher, just bargain before you agree the ride. Some nights, we are just paying for USD2 per ride back to the hotel.

I would say, if you just want a clean n decent place to sleep at night, it's a decent hotel to put a few nights. Otherwise, there are a few upscale hotels just around the area.

Room Tip: Get a room facing behind the hotel for better greeneries, and perhaps quieter as compare to the one facing the busy main road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LWilsonn
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our recent visit to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat was only enhanced by the hotel where we stayed, Allson Angkor. This is a beautiful hotel with an outstandingly furnished lobby. The rooms are spacious with excellent and modern facilities, including WiFi in the room. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. And the limited menu that was served in the lobby over a drink was especially good. The location of the hotel is central to anything happening in Siem Reap and it is not far from Angkor Watt... in fact Angkor Watt can be reached from the hotel by tuktuk. Also, the hotel is well situated to nice shopping, excellent restaurants, and may wonderful surpirses as one walks the streets nearby. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to both Allson Angkor and Siem Reap. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple