Golden TaKeo Guesthouse
Koh Ker Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Villa Um Theara(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop restauranttuk tukhot watera great stayoffer freerooms are spacious and cleanstayed here for nightssoutheast asiaquiet at nightairport pickuptours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in this guesthouse for three nights and it was wonderful. Very, very clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean and lots of hot water. The rooftop terrace/restaurant was really lovely. The free breakfasts are very generous and you have lots to choose from (pancakes, omelets, lots of fresh fruit, warm baguettes and really, really good coffee). The total cost of the room came to about $60 USD for two people in a double private room with a bathroom/shower.

The staff in the hostel was always extremely friendly, pleasant and warm. Particularly the ladies who work upstairs in the restaurant - they were always really happy to see you and greeted us very warmly. We were able to book our tickets to the Phare Cambodian Circus at the front desk, which was really helpful.

I am especially grateful to the staff for arranging our tuk tuk driver for us, whom we really loved. He took us everywhere, had great suggestions for us and was very easy going when we wanted to change plans. We were really thankful for him as he helped to make it a great trip for us in Siem Reap. (Note: Airport pick up and drop off were both free of charge, which was amazing. And to hire the tuk tuk for the day ran $15 - also amazing!).

This guesthouse has a really high rating on trip advisor and I think it's well earned. I never worried that I thought anything was dirty, that I was being cheated or that I was unsafe. I've stayed in a lot of hostels around China and SE Asia (although this was my first in Cambodia) and I would have to say it's one of my favorites (and certainly the cleanest!).

So, if you're looking to stay at a guest house in Siem Reap, choose this one. We did and I believe it made all the difference in turning a good trip to a great visit in Siem Reap!

Room Tip: We had a private double on the second floor and weren't bothered by noise at night. Didn't check out any other rooms so not sure what the difference is. There was well-working a/c in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BlueLouLisa
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed two nights while we enjoyed Angkor Wat and loved the front desk staff. He helped us know how to navigate the ruins without getting ripped off. We paid $15 per day to have our own Tuk Tuk and that is the way to go: one day for the small circle tour, the second day (much shorter) for the big circle tour.

The highlight of this place is the rooftop hangout and restaurant. Best food on our whole trip! Order the curry or the pad thai and you will be in heaven for about $3 USD.

It's a bit of a walk to Pub Street (maybe 10 min), but totally safe.

Room Tip: Away from the front desk lobby where it can get a bit noisy.
1  Thank Nick R
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are a cyclist couple. We've been in almost all the touristic cities in Cambodia.
We loved this guest house, the best we had so far in Cambodia. The rooms are so beautiful, clean and comfortable. We had our included breakfast every day on a green roof which is great! (Fruit salad, coffee/tea and one pick from the menu)
The owner is so helpful and accommodating. The staff is smiling all the time.

1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We loved everything about this place and after staying in dozens of guest houses all around Cambodia this has been our favorite.

What we loved:
- rooms are really beautiful
- staff is helpful and speaks good English
- the whole place has a good atmosphere, nice paintings, aquariums etc.
- everything is really clean
- the thing we probably loved the most was the rooftop breakfast that is INCLUDED and tastes very good

There was only one thing that we didn't love: the shower in room 107 had high pressure. Everything else was awesome.

Room Tip: Two dollars more for the bigger rooms on the upper floor are definitely worth it.
3  Thank Michael H
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I would highly recommend this place.

I had moved here from a other guesthouse just around the corner and I'm so thankful I did. I got a quick reply to my email about a room for the next day. Great clean, spacious and modern rooms. A great rooftop to relax on also. Lovely breakfast included. Super friendly staff who were willing to help.

Overall an excellent stay!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo