“very affordable and excellent service”

and 1 more site!
Golden TaKeo Guesthouse
Ranked #66 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2013

contacting Prom (the owner) via email is a breeze. He replies to my emails everyday, and sometimes several times within the day.
checking in is also quick. our room is ready when we got there (around 4pm) and our requests has been well taken noted of.
very spacious room and big beds! very clean as well. I thought that four persons can actually sleep in their rooms!
Prom and his wife are also friendly and helpful. they are very glad to assist you on where and how to go to your destinations. this also applied to their maids and tuktuk drivers
you have to leave your slippers or shoes outside their porch before you enter. that's why they have very clean interiors.
you may request for a daily trip to the temples where they will refer you to their trusted tuktuk drivers
you may also book a bus going to Phnom Penh (also to Saigon, I think) where you will be picked up for free going to the bus terminal. we chose the cheapest bus line and it was fine enough
accommodations comes with a free breakfast which tasted so good and heavy enough for your trips. you may also ask to prepare your breakfast early in the morning and bring them out for your tours.
free fish massage on the rooftop!
their bathroom just needs to be redone as some water pile up in the shower area and not going into the sewerage. (though this is tolerable)
they also have laundry services (hand wash) per kilo
walking to the Pub St and town proper is about 10-15mins
a 24hrs all-around store is just near a corner, about 3mins walk

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Golden Takeo. The staff is very welcoming and helpful, giving tips on how much things should cost and helping to arrange tuk tuk travel at reasonable rates as it is easy to be gouged by unfamiliar drivers.

The room was small but clean and very comfortable. Lots of tv channels if you want some down time, wifi, and a hot water shower. The bed was also very comfortable. I visited during the New Year's celebration so one night there was a party that was so loud the music shook the windows but otherwise it was a very quiet and pleasant location.

The guesthouse is about 15 minutes walk from pub street and the old/night market which I found to be really convenient. A tuk tuk only costs $1 which is extremely doable.

The breakfast was great every morning with choices from a menus, fresh fruit, and tea or coffee. The top floor location for breakfast is very nice as it has open air and a nice breeze.

I had transport arranged for me through the guesthouse and the tuk tuk driver was prompt and very friendly. Unfortunately my return transport did not show up and I had to arrange for another tuk tuk as I waited 15 minutes and he did not arrive.

The only other complication was returning to the guesthouse at 12:30 one night to find the door locked and no one answering. Seeing as you leave the keys with them I was worried I would have to sleep outside but I was able to wake Prom and was let in about 5-10 minutes later. If you are going out maybe inform him as he believed I was already in the room.

Otherwise, my stay was very pleasant and enjoyed myself.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SibinaF
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the fact that this guesthouse is a bit of a walk away from Pub St discourage you, it is a great place to stay! Prom, the manager, along with the ladies upstairs, are great and go out of their way to help in any way they can. Our room was right by the main door/ staircase, but we never had a problem with any noise. If you are in need of a tuk tuk, ask them to contact Hom for you. Very nice man who always has a big smile on his face! Also if you are needing a bite to eat, head up to the restaurant on the rooftop. Although it may not be busy, the food was amazing and we ended up eating there most days (the amok was the best I have had in Cambodia by far). On our last night, Prom and his friends invited us to join them in eating some beetles and roaches...I declined but my boyfriend said they weren't too bad! Overall great place, would reccomend it.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank krdowson
Reviewed March 24, 2013

this is my second visit to the Golden Takeo. I was felt just at home as the first time I was there. There have also been some really good improvements. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are basic bikes available to use for free and also mountain bikes to hire for $4 a day which is really good for the temples. The best way to see them in my opinion.The rooms come with TV and AC plus a fan. There are plenty of places nearby and the breakfast is basic but tasty, with free fruit salad.

Friendly and relaxing a great gem in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Choddinott
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The golden takeo is the nicest Place we habe been to in this trip through SEA. Very friendly staff and the owner was the best guy ever, he even booked us a different hotel for the night when there was a blackout in the entire block so we would have AC for the night.
Absolutely nice, clean, simple and a beautiful rooftop terrace to relax after visiting the temples. They also have official drivers who offer daytrips to the temples and can Tell you a lot about the history.
The area is close to the Pub street ( maybe a ten minute walk) but the close by Restaurants we tried out were really good, too.
I would absolutely recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked here for 3 nights but decided to arrive 2 days early. Responding promptly to our email Prom said there was no problem and that one of his tuk tuk drivers would meet us at the bus station. The driver waited at the bus station for 2 hrs or more as our bus was hours late arriving at Siem Reap after a dreadful journey. This was an amazing start and the kindness and helpfulness of Prom and his staff continued throughout our stay.
Our room had 2 king sizes beds in it and was huge with an attached, large shower room. The air conditioning unit was the best we had had on our travels. It was efficient and yet soooo quiet, unlike some we had in other places which had sounded like lorries in the room. Everywhere was spotless and the bonus of the roof terrace was really great. Eating breakfast, included in the room price, on the terrace was so nice whilst watching the sun come up.
It did take 15/20 mins to walk into town but after a few times we used the tuk tuks which were only 1$ each way. The advantage of being out of the hustle of pub street was well worth it as despite there being a few guesthouses in the vicinity of the Golden Takeo it was always quiet at night.
We didn't see all of the Angkor Wat site that we had indended, I was suffering with a painful knee, but we fully intend to return to visit the site and would definitely stay at the Golden Takeo again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at Golden Takeo Guesthouse in a double room for four nights during November 2012. We booked based on the good reviews on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. The owners were lovely and really helpful. They assisted us in arranging a tuk tuk driver for three days so that we could make the most of the Angkor temples and we felt the price was very reasonable. They also helped me arrange for an in room massage (for just $6!) to help with a broken shoulder I sustained while travelling.

The restaurant/bar space on the roof was lovely - we ate there one night and the food was fantastic and cheap. The rooftop fish spa was also a highlight after long days trekking around the temples!

Our room itself was nice and only $14 per night - it was on the small side but there was enough space to put our bags and still move around easily. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was spotlessly clean. The only slight downside was that our room was quite dark being on the ground floor and facing into the alley - it also meant that we couldn't open our curtains as there were people walking past at all times of the day. I would recommend asking for a room upstairs as I understand many of these have balcony's overlooking the quiet street outside which would've been nice.

The guesthouse was also a bit of a distance from the centre of Siem Reap. We had friends staying close to pub street but it was no problem to jump in a tuk tuk for ten minutes to reach them. As we'd hired our driver for the three days he was happy to drop us off in the evenings anyway.

If you don't feel like heading into town though there are plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance of the guesthouse - we can highly recommend Mr Grill for the beer and ribs!

Overall we had a wonderful stay and wouldn't hesitate in recommending Golden Takeo to other travellers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple