“Best Boutique Hotel Experience”

Heritage Suites Hotel
Ranked #35 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best Boutique Hotel Experience”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I am an avid fan of small boutique hotels, and must say that Heritage Suites Hotel rank among the best in term of hospitality, a gem in Siem Reap. Beautiful restaurant, great room, the BEST staff in the world [we were treated just like Khmer royalties :-)], even the General Manager of the hotel took interest in all guests' welfare (he took the trouble to reply to my nitty gritty comments email). Great experience with vintage Mercedes for airport transfer which includes cold fruit juices right at the airport. Our suite comes together with a few kinds of small animals such as frogs, caterpillars and such, which is great as nature is right next to you.

The pool is great too, perfect for a dip after all the hard works climbing Angkor temples. You get free wifi all over the premise. The housekeeping puts small "presents" everyday such as small bar of soaps etc. My wife tried the massage by the pool by the hotel's spa, and it was a great experience too for her.

These are the level of hospitality you don't get in any other "normal" 5 star hotels elsewhere, and I have been to all over Europe, Americas, Middle East, China and South East Asia. We just couldn't wait to get to our room every day (that is bad considering we want to see Angkor and all the world heritage monuments, and not going back to our hotel all the times!). And oh, it is part of Relais & Chateux chain of hotels.

The most important thing is, my wife loves me more for selecting this perfect hideaway for her birthday!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 11, 2010

What a great find! The hotel is gorgeous, with a fantastic lobby, nice pool area and magnificent rooms. The service is fantastic. We were picked up at the airport in a vintage mercedes and were promptly given cold towels and a refreshing drink in the car. The staff were all consistently friendly and attentive for the duration of our 3 night stay. On our first day we headed to the temples and I left the safe unlocked - the maid had promptly locked the safe whilst cleaning our room and left the code with reception. Neither my wife nor I have ever experiences such good service. Le meridien and the sofitel - the other high end options are probably great too - but I doubt they come close on the fantastic level of service and peace and quiet this small 20 room hotel can provide. A real gem, and a great start to our honeymoon.

• Stayed November 2010
Phnom Penh
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have stayed in most boutique hotels in siem reap and the Heritage is a must , one of the best hotel with excellent service , steam room and bathtub in the room makes it very unique and special . The service is incredible and you can get whatever you need on request - rooms don't have TV , but should you request one , they will bring within 5 mn a full set flat screen TV with DVD player . You want to take breakfast at noon , no time limit problem . This hotel lets you do it your way and enjoy the best of your holiday with beautiful rooms , great swimming pool and also by organising unique tours.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I had a wonderful stay at the Heritage Suites Hotel. Service is magnificent, price range is reasonable and you feel right at home. I stayed at a Bungalow Suite for a week and enjoyed every moment of my stay. Heritage Suites Hotel has a lovely service operator for setting up your trips in Cambodia called Heritage Adventures. They will definitely setup any adventures you wish for. From temple tours to overnight stays in at temple/jungle areas. And also if you are interested in seeing the floating villages using luxury boat or more traditional boat they will setup everything. I had a 6 days worth of action setup by Heritage adventures and I felt it was very much worth my money.

Hotel has a lovely pool area and very nice restaurant and of course room service offering. Also after a hard day of temple hopping it is lovely to take a moment in the lobby and have a cocktail (or a few :)).

So, what else can I say except yes this is my home away from home Cambodia!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Yes, our stay at the Heritage Suites Hotel was THAT good.

We had visited Siem Reap the second week of October as a friend was celebrating her wedding there, and so, the entire hotel had been booked out for the entourage.

One would think that given that it's the couple's party, only they would be treated like royalty.

Not so for this hotel, for every single one of us were greeted with the same hospitality and genuine warmth, as the staff of the hotel went out of their way to accommodate (and anticipate) our every need.

We were given a bungalow suite and it was beautiful; it had a small garden where we spied the cutest frogs, and where we could take an outdoor shower. The room had a tub right in the centre, and it was big enough to fit two people comfortably. There was a separate shower and steam room as well (though ours didn't work).

The only bugbear of the design of the room? The location of the toilet. It is situated right next to the door of the room and far far away from the sink, so you have to walk a distance to wash your hands after you are done. But I digress.

The swimming pool area was also gorgeous; the water was kept at a constant temperature of 28 deg celsius, so a dip in the pool was delicious, even at night!

And get this. You get Wi-Fi access throughout the premises. Sheer awesomeness.

What set this place apart from the other resorts and hotels I have stayed in is the level of service, which is frankly, out of this world. The staff were friendly, and left little surprises on our bed daily during our four day- three night stay there. They had also arranged for tuk tuks at our disposal, and my driver actually waited for me when I ventured out alone the second day we were there(my man was fast asleep in the morning) while I did my shopping and had a massage.

I will definitely return to Siem Reap and when I do, I will stay at this beautiful hotel again.

California
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I can't say enough about this hotel. We were picked up from the airport by them in a great old black Mercedes. The staff was very friendly. The Room was wonderful: Freestanding tub, Outdoor garden with shower, Steam Room. Relaxing pool area. Good food. It's a little hidden in the back streets of Siem Reap, but there was always a Tuk Tuk right outside the hotel waiting to take you where you needed to go. And there is a spa right next door.

New York
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We ended our week-long stay in Siem Reap by staying 2 nights at Heritage Suites, mostly to rest. Great suite, very friendly and effective service and very relaxing. Great little spa and nice pool. Quiet and intimate, Heritage is a hidden gem with high standards.