“Great meal”

Mouhot's Dream
Ranked #215 of 1,264 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort takes pride in the diversity and quality of our various restaurants and bars, offering something to suit all of our valued guests. The resort grounds boast stunning landscaped gardens and beautiful lakes, offering ideal venues for any drinking or dining occasion including rejuvenated mornings for breakfast, relaxed afternoons for aperitifs, and romantic moonlit dinners. However, a special experience is to be discovered when you turn back time at Mouhot’s Dream, the most romantic French restaurant Siem Reap is home to. Situated next to the tranquil Sala Lake, the restaurant serves up a dreamy combination of contemporary and traditional French cuisine, which can be enjoyed with an unrivalled selection of wines, making it a top contender for the best restaurant Angkor offers for fine dining.
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Gorgeous meal. The food is excellent, it’s in a lovely setting by the lake. Service was excellent too.

Date of visit: April 2019
Pascal_Tadin, General Manager at Mouhot's Dream, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear GillMargo,

We thank you for choosing Mouhot’s Dream restaurant and for sharing your experience with us.

We thank you for highlighting the quality of the food. We won’t miss the opportunity to pass on your kind words to our chef and his kitchen team.

Pascal Tadin

Write a reviewReviews (75)

Reviewed March 18, 2019

We dined in the Chef's Kitchen Room with a view of the chef. It was fun. We were with a group of 12. The food was delicious and well prepared.

Date of visit: March 2019
Pascal_Tadin, Guest Relations Manager at Mouhot's Dream, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear Terry R,

We thank you for choosing Mouhot’s Dream restaurant for your diner in Siem Reap.

We were delighted to welcome your group. It is a real pleasure to read that the tastiness and quality of our food fully met the expectations of every participant.

Have you also experienced our Explorer’s Tales Bar with its live music and tapas?

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately this restaurant was undergoing renovations during our stay. We were really looking forward to enjoying French fine dining here but have been so impressed with our stay at the Sofitel that we know we will definitely be back again and look forward to experiencing the food here then. It will be amazing if the other dining options are anything to go by.

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear Trek617086,

We thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.

We are sincerely sorry that we were not able to welcome you at Mouhot’s Dream restaurant since we were under renovation to improve its overall design.

We are very pleased to inform you that the new design and atmosphere are beyond our expectations and we do hope to have the chance to welcome you and have your feedback on it.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this marvelous hotel but, the restaurant was the best. I ordered the the complete menu and all dishes were delicious. I don’t like soup very much but the lobster bisque was perfect. One of the best restaurants I have been in my entire life.

Date of visit: October 2017

Dear Trek617086,

What a heartfelt comment!

We are thrilled to read that your experience went beyond your expectations. Please accept our gratitude for highly recommend us.

We do look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

I was really looking forward to dining here, but realized I had forgotten to pack any trousers! I inquired about the dining room dress code and was assured that they were not strict with their requirements. I was glad as I didn't want to feel out of place in the dining room!

When I arrived for my 7pm reservation, I found that I was the only diner. I was visiting at the beginning of the low season, but I was very surprised to have the whole dining room to myself.

The restaurant setting and ambiance were wonderful. I did wish that the lights were perhaps dimmed a bit more and the lagoon surrounding the dining room was perhaps lit more strongly as the windows offered a very strong reflection.

I skipped the set menu to order just a few items a la carte. I had the foie gras, the potato cream soup, and the braised beef cheeks. The quality of the food was very high, and the presentation was mixed.

The foie gras was a mixed bag with the terrine being excellent, the creme brulee a unique experience, and the pan seared dish being a bit over done for my liking.

The potato cream soup was delicious, but the plate was so hot when it arrived that it seems to have set in a window under a warming light for some time, and I had sat with an empty table for quite a few minutes before it arrived.

The beef cheeks were tender and tasty. The red wine sauce was quite nice, but the portion was huge. I felt a little bad that I couldn't finish it all, but I did enjoy it.

The dining room staff were all pleasant and just engaging enough without being overbearing. I was even visited by the property's executive chef the following day after he heard I had dined in the restaurant. He stopped by to inquire about the meal, and such a touch is so professional and he was very receptive to my feedback about the meal. I told him that if I visit Siem Reap again (which I very much so hope to do) I would be more than willing to come back to dine again in their restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018

Dear Paul E,

We thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback following your venue at Mouhot’s Dream restaurant.

We are thrilled to read that you already considered coming back. We are pleased that the quality of the food met your expectations. On another note, we have well noted your comments on the pan seared dish and the potato cream soup and shared them with our chef to improve your next experience. Please accept our apologies.

The chef joins me to thank you again for your comments and we both hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,