“Worst night ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Green Village Angkor Hotel
Ranked #109 of 251 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Lima, Peru
“Worst night ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hotel looks nice from the entry, so we decided to book a room for the next day. We couldn't see the room because they were full, they said.
Next day we found a dirty room, very outdated, full of mosquitos, mosquito net in front of the window didn't fit, bathroom was very dirty..we could not even take a shower.
Lots of other hotels/guesthoused were full so we had to stay. Did not sleep the entire night and woke up with mosquito bites everywhere.
Top of matras was wrecked. Dirty sheets.
Well luckily they offer breakfast in the morning, but we found out that they install this at 6am and left the food uncovered for several hours in the open air. Would not recommend it and it is way overpriced. Unfriendly staff as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Luuk S
sosuosdey v, Manager at Green Village Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hi Luuk, I am the new manager at Green Village Angkor. It is with regret that I read your comments, as many guests have expressed their satisfaction with their stays at our hotel. As we cannot turn back time and are unable to erase real memories please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel. As a business we accept criticism and It is my guarantee that my staff and I will learn from this and continue to strive for service excellence. If in the future you decide to return to Siem Reap, I would love to offer to make amends for your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if this will be the case greenvillageangkor@gmail.com.
Regards
Sosuosday Vang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

i ve stayed here twice and both time I've enjoy this place every time, staff is very friendly and helpful,very leafy garden and a pool to cool off ,it's also within 10 minute walk to town.I like this hotel cause its a place you just relax and read a book or listen to music by the pool or verandah,its a very homely hotel and clean.I heard its under new management and refurbishment is on the card as I can see is already happening since i was here last which was only four week ago,new restaurant is looking good and one bedroom upstair has started its makeover but is on halt because of too many guest in the hotel so they not want to make any noise which i thought was quiet considerate of them to do so.This is a great hotel to stay but will be even greater hotel once the refurbishment is done can't wait to see!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twixie71
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and had a great time. The hotel is in a quiet side of siem reap but still only a short walk to pub street, the staff where great and very helpful and the pool was so refreshing after walking around the temples all day, the bar next to the pool was handy as well, the rooms are very large and clean and has excellent cable tv and air con, the free breakfast in the outdoor restaurant was included as well, it's quiet leafy setting makes it a great place to stay but still close to everything

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1975sturgess
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We ended up coming to this hostel after a frustrating experience with Downtown Siem Reap hostel. We stayed in the mixed dorm room. The room was VERY clean. The staff were extremely pleasant, kind and helpful. The pool was great to cool off in from the heat. The location is great. This hostel is quieter so if you're looking for a good night's sleep, you can get it here! Great value for the price!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank klemmon10
nz
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was booked in for 4 nights and only stayed 3 hours. Does not look like what the pictures show. Yuck grotty room fill of mossies. Noisey aircon. No food No cold drinks. Dont feel i am fussy as came from a below avg guest house in Vietnam but that was clean. My driver arrived and show me another place I paid $27 NZ to stay at New riverside hotel and that was fantastic and rooms as big as a house. However the staff were very nice, tried to get my money back but no luck but hey rather spent abit more and i lived like a queen in New Riverside Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank leighNz
sosuosdey v, Manager at Green Village Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Luuk, I am the manager at Green Village Angkor. It is with regret that I read your comments, as many guests have expressed their satisfaction with their stays at our hotel. As we cannot turn back time and are unable to erase real memories please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel. As a business we accept criticism and It is my guarantee that my staff and I will learn from this and continue to strive for service excellence. If in the future you decide to return to Siem Reap, I would love to offer to make amends for your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if this will be the case greenvillageangkor@gmail.com.
Regards
Sosuosday Vang
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We checked out of one hotel in Siem reap after one night as it was dirty and no a/c working, after trudging around we found this little gem! Helpful, very clean and
Peaceful, for the same price as the other, unacceptable.
I would imagine a lot of people will miss this as it is off the main drag . Worth looking for a good small budget hotel offering more than you would expect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mandycooper123
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had a ball here!! If you go expecting a nice clean basic hotel you will be fine don't expect 5*
I'm looking at returning to Siem Reap soon and this will be my only thought on a place to stay.
I was a solo traveller and the staff made me welcome and sat at the bar had a great time. Clean, cheap & basic but that's all you need in a great location!! Could't recommend enough.
If your looking going solo, with friends or even family it suits all parties

Room Tip: Basic but does the job more than enough