Green Village Angkor Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Siem Reap
See available hotels
BayStone Resort(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
The Seda Villa(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at the Green Village Palace for 5 nights. After the first night we were tempted to see what else was out there at the same price range, but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave because the staff were so awesome. We felt like we were coming home each night and really enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere (pool, bamboo hut bar, hammocks, outdoor seating, etc). Sen at the bar was very funny and just great to get to know (really enjoyed hanging with him), Samaly really cares about her guests and is just attentive to anything you might need. The young guy who is helping and learning English is a doll.

Overall, Siem Reap can be overwhelming ...both physically exhausting if you are spending your days going to all the temples, and emotionally taxing after being hounded to buy things all day from everyone (its not possible to help or buy from everyone and it just wears on you and your mood after a while). So for us - coming home to Green Village Palace felt like a perfect sanctuary away from the craziness and with warm, welcoming staff who were truly interested in how your day was.

That aside - this place has so much more potential and I would love to see management invest in some renovations (new paint, new linens, update bathrooms...check out plumbing b/c we found the water smelled a bit rusty). BUT... still with all this, we would recommend this property because of the staff alone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great hotel at walking distance from centre. Perfect when travelling with kids: nice, small swimmingpool, very helpful staff, family room @ 30$ with 5 breakfasts "a la carte" included. Can arrange reliable transport to angkor, thailand,...

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Me and my fella stayed at the Green Village Palace this summer whilst traveling around South East Asia. As soon as we arrived we had a warm welcome from the lovely staff who greeted us with fresh orange juice - went down well after a long journey. We were very impressed with the room, it was clean and modern with some nice finishes like the cambodia silk cushions on the bed and a fridge with free bottled water. The tropical garden surrounding the guesthouse is a great place to relax after a day at the temples, it has hammocks and a small swimming pool to cool off.
We found the staff to be very helpful in helping us organise trips and find our way around Siem Reap, we will be keeping in touch with Soeun - a young lad working there part time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Have recently completed my fourth stay at this lovely small hotel close to the main part og town. As usual, I was treated with complete friendliness and they greeted me like I was one of the family. From the time they picked me up at the airport and for the duration of my stay, it was totally professional. I heard from them about some supposed thefts of money from rooms, and I do not beleive this for one minute. I have left small amounts out in the past and never was a single dollar missing. I even made up signs for them a year ago disclaiming anything left in the rooms and not put away in the hotel security area. I do not beleive their staff would take any money and I put the blame on some unscrupulous people who are out for thier own designs disregarding the fact that they are taking advantage of poor people from a third world country. Any body who goes on this site and says they have lost money here are not rtelling the truth, simple as that!!

Room Tip: in the high season, be sure to verify your booking before the fact.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TED W
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This place is the perfect combination of great people (to make you feel at home) and chilled out holiday vibe. It's in a good spot (1min bike ride / 4mins walk from pub st) also really green and lush so it's ultra relaxing.
The staff are so friendly that you feel like family, they helped me with everything from teaching me Khmer words, free bike rental and moving me to an upstairs room when I decided to stay longer.
I loved the hammocks by the pool (with a cocktail in hand!) and the yellow curry is amazing!
I really appreciated the mosquito net around the bed, big window for natural light, cable TV and the bath. And as a solo traveler this was the best price i could find while still having a pool (VERY IMPORTANT!)

Room Tip: upstairs seems nicer somehow!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo