“golden orange, great experience, $20 a night!!”

Golden Orange Hotel
Ranked #311 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
usa
“golden orange, great experience, $20 a night!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2007

Aloha!!

I am a guest at the golden orange hotel for the past week. I have been very happy here as an experienced asia traveler! The rooms are only one and a half years old, and look new and spotless!! Every thing works, A/C, hot water, tub and shower,clean towels and sheets, tv with cable, clean restaurant, friendly staff, and Was picked up upon arrival!! The bar area has a pool table, many tables and chairs, darts, good service and would be suitable for familys,as I saw many during my stay!! They also have free internet service that I used at least 3 times a day!! The owners , Doug and Sitha, spend most days making sure the guests are comfortable and that all their needs are met including bike rentals , tours, transport, general information, not to mention the best T bone steak I have had in asia! All in all, I am confused by the comments I read!It is also a 15 min walk along the river to the old market, or a 3 min Tuk Tuk ride for a dollar!!I hope this helps as I am in the resort buisness in Hawaii, and I am aware of peoples concerns!! Some people you just can't please!!!! Jack Pauly>>>>>>> Shell Vacation club, Big Island , Hawaii >>>>unclejack88@hotmail.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank unclejack88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed January 9, 2007

My experience with the Golden Orange Hotel was appalling, and the worst hotel in the 9 hotels I have stayed in Sth East Asia in the last 6 weeks!
First there was no pick-up from the airport. They forgot. When we finally did get to the hotel by taxi, there were rowdy drunkards at the entrance (that's where the bar/entertainment area is). Doug (the "Western Owner") advised the Hotel will give us complimentary airport drop-off for failing to pick us up. We thought this was fair.

Even our taxi driver asked us why we were staying at the Golden Orange as it was so far out of the city centre.. He was right.

Then we were shown to our room. Two grasshoppers and a dead cockroach in the room, in addition to a lizard in the shower! By this time, I was very annoyed. There wasn't even a shower curtain - so water splashed all over the bathroom. The towels - with what looked like p00h marks on them! When we asked for replacement towels, there were stains on the replacements as well.

Finally came the day for us to leave. A taxi was called for us, and we jumped in. When I asked the driver if the transfer was complimentary, he looked at me with surprise. I went back into the hotel and spoke with Doug - who had conveniently forgotten to organise a complimentary transfer (lucky i had gone back inside to advise him of the hotels mistake).

If you do stay here, take a look out the back window - there's a crocodile farm straight down below.

Ultimately, this hotel tainted my Siam Reap experience. The staff were friendly and pleasant, but Doug was a tool.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank matcat

Travelers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Hereford UK
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and prices in this lovely Western run Hotel.
The rooms are very clean and come equiped with a steel safety box, and free internet access is available for guests.
There is an outside bar which is well patronised and the quality of the food is very good.
I was particularly impressed with Doug, the hotel manager who gave me a lift to the shops as it was late, but in any event the hotel is only 300 yards or so from the Kings Palace and so is very well located.

3 Thank LezGoLezGo