Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Hotels.com$44
eDreams$44
Orbitz.com$44
1,872 results
All reviews pub street tuk tuk quiet lane old market free foot massage phnom penh an oasis angkor wat night market after a long day stayed nights centre of town great pool small hotel balcony driver villa
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016

I first (and last) stayed in this hotel way back in 2008 when it was the original Golden Banana boutique hotel. Since that time on my return visits to Siem Reap I have stayed at the report and superior hotel. So coming back to the original hotel for a week was like coming home. I had forgot how beautiful this place is. The resort (50m away from the hotel) is bigger and now carries all the dining and bar facilities which means the hotel is now quieter and even more like the peaceful oasis it has always been. Its not big - i think about 10 rooms in total. All have balconies facing the beautiful pool and carry that gorgeous French villa architectural style. Most rooms are two story but there is at least one single level room. The rooms are great. Very clean and have been very well maintained over the years, as has the whole property. I believe there will be some renovation starting soon. From my experience, only the aircon really needs updating. They work fine but a little noisy maybe. Maybe a more modern TV too. But I have to say i never switched on the TV at all. You can eat and order drinks at the hotel. They are all prepared at the resort and brought to the hotel for you. Equally, you can use the resort facilities and change drinks/food to your room at the hotel. So its a little like you are staying at 2 hotels but only paying for one.

But the best thing about the hotel (and the resort too) is the quality of the staff. I have travelled for many years and many places in SE Asia and I have never known a place with staff to be so genuinely friendly and helpful. The experience would not be the same without all of these beautiful people. And I don't mean just a select few, I mean ALL of them. So its quite unfair to select a couple of names but Ms Sophary at the hotel is just the nicest person with the biggest and warmest smile. And I should also thank Mr Tong, the barman at the resort. I was a frequent visitor for the $3 cocktails at happy hour and Mr Tong has the great personality perfect for his role. Funny and cheeky but polite and best of all; what great cocktails!. If you feel a little adventurous and don't mind some chilli then you cant go past the Spicy Khmer Martini. Its a winner as are all of the Rambutan staff. I'm already counting the days until my next visit.

One final thing, if you are still confused about what is Golden Banana and what is Rambutan don't hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help sort it out for you.

Room tip: all rooms have pool view
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank psygram9
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Awesome service ESP the staff boon thong, thou I wasn't able to see him on the last day!!! Breakfast was great!!! Pool and the foot massage was awesome! Only thing, too many lizards in the area. Other than that, it's PERFECT! Wld definitely come back again! Quite area and town and just a 5 min walk away

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank menaga_87
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Very welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. Clean well presented rooms. Great breakfast. Excellent pool area and the complimentary massage was a bonus.
Quite location with only a short walk to food, shops, markets.
Excellent value and I would stay here again.

Room tip: All upstairs rooms have a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is great with nice rooms that have balcony with a bath tub. Swimming pool with salt water and excellent breakfast. Hotel helped me organise tours, transportation and even recommendations for restaurants and events in siem reap. More importantly very friendly staff who are always happy to help. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank moa415
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Siem Reap. Upon arrival we were given cold towels and iced tea. A free foot massage was also offered at any point during our stay. Our room was on the first floor around the pool. It was two stories. The second story had a balcony with chairs and an outdoor shower. We didn't really use it as we were out most days but could be nice for people who wanted to sit outside with privacy. The room was not super fancy but had everything you need with enough space to move around. The pool was really nice especially with the summer heat. Breakfast at the hotel was really nice and the bar, right next to the pool has many options for a reasonable price. Everyone at the hotel was incredibly nice and they organized bus tickets, laundry and tuk tuk rides for us. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the main area with restaurants and bars. By tuk tuk, it is $1-2. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2016