“Golden experience at Golden Banana Boutique Hotel!”

Rambutan Hotel Siem Reap
Ranked #126 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Dont believe the photos on TripAdvisor of the hotel. They are beautiful. Well, let me tell you that when you see the place with your eyes, its even better. What a stunning, charming, beautiful and totally cozy this place is.

We stayed at the hotel for four nights and we loved everything about the place. The customer service is outstanding, the location is great and the food from the small menu is just yummy. The hotel has only 10 villas and if you are looking for a small tropical paradise that feels like your back yard living room, search no more. Most of the guests go out and about to explore, so if you choose to lounge around the pool early in the afternoon, the chances are that you will have it all for yourself. The GB hotel is so relaxing.

Now that I have seen the resort and the hotel, I must say they are equal when it comes to service and appearance. I highly recommend the hotel and looking forward to be their guest again in the future.

Thank you GB team for the care and making our stay as comfortable as possible.

MD

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mishiu

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights- lovely small boutique hotel, nice pool, rooms were big and unique and location was close enough to walk to the Old Market area. The staff were all really helpful and pleasant, and helped us to arrange tours. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shone H
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights last December. We got a great price for a wonderful hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room was immaculate, the pool was relaxing and cool after a full day of tomb exploring, and the breakfast was delicious. Very quiet in the backstreets and a 5 min walk away from the hustle and bustle of the main town. Do yourself a favor and book here!

Room Tip: We stayed right above the breakfast area overlooking the pool. Room was great and quiet!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laserlime
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We moved from the Golden Banana Superior Hotel opposite here, for the bigger bathroom. At almost the same price, and with an extra living room thrown in at the Boutique hotel that seemed very reasonable. (We also looked at the Golden Banana Resort, also next door. That was NOT worth it. An almost identical room to the one hat the superior, just a bigger bathroom, but twice as expensive...) The bedrooms are almost identical with the Superior Hotel, with a bit more storage space. The, beds are comfy, towels brown again - not a confidence inspiring colour when it comes to judging the cleanliness. The bathroom is indeed bigger - great shower. The upstairs living room is a great idea - but not really usable. Very hot with fan only. TV is upstairs so you have to make your choices if you want to watch. Overall, Superior Hotel is just as good and a bit cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Wrapping up another pleasant stay at the Golden Banana- this time at the boutique hotel, as the resort hotel was fully booked. From the time I arrived at the airport to the time I left, I was taken care of by Thol, the outstanding e-commerce and booking manager. He arranged for tickets to Phare- the Cambodian Circus, and even got me an appointment at Pachem Dental Clinic for a cleaning ($19)! The 'villa' room (2 floors) was excellent and the tuk tuks were always ready for trips around town, although the Old Market is 5 minutes walk away. Rai the bartender was very pleasant and well-mannered. As I always say, I will be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Basha67
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Golden Banana Hotel for 3 nights. The staff was fantastic and the hotel was very comfortable. During the time of our stay the hotel had an older component and a newer component. We stayed in the older section, which despite being older, was still quite comfortable. Best of all, the hotel is located more in a "neighborhood" than along the strip of new hotels that line one of the major roads in Siem Reap. I would heartily recommend the Golden Banana to anyone looking to stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This was a great experience. Vuthy, the Guest Services Supervisor was exceptional. He made sure that I had everything I needed. I fell short my booking before moving on the another place here in Siem Reap, Vuthy found a room for me at a cheaper price. The whole staff here are nicest people and very professional. I felt like I was part of the family. The rooms here are clean and the hotel located in an alley tucked away from the street. The pool is a saltwater pool and it the largest pool that I have seen since my arrival in Siem Reap. I also met Tommy the manager, he is always available and makes sure that your stay is wonderful as it can be. I love this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013