Hotel Somadevi Angkor Resort & Spa
$85
$53
$48
$225
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
$49
$39
$31
  • Breakfast included
1,508 results
All reviewsswim up barnight marketpub streettuk tukwithin walking distancegreat poolpool areabreakfast buffetcentral locationhotel lobbylarge hotellarge poolexcellent hotelnoodle souppacked breakfastold marketpleasant stay
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and would highly recommend. Pool is fantastic, especially the swim up pool bar and perfect after a hot day exploring the temples. Staff are extremely helpful!! Location is awesome and only a five minute walk to Pub Street.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toni R
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the end of January 2013, and found it is the best location either for restaurants, night market, shopping and massages. All within walking distance. The rooms are clean and well maintained, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is ample.
small problem of water running cold at times, and shortage of tea and milk powder in the rooms. otherwise would rec amend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at Somadevi at the end of February 2013 and liked it very much. We loved the way the staff worked, always ready to help, always a smile on their faces.
The swimming pool was great with the swim-up bar and lots of space and free sun beds to lie down. The breakfast was one of the best we had in Cambodia, a real treat for hungry tourists.
The location of the hotel is excellent, a short distance of everywhere and there always were a lot of tuk-tuks and taxis ready to serve in the hotel yard.
There were lots of great restaurants not far from the hotel (one just across the street) and the river front and the markets were a walking distance away. All in all I can recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Some rooms have poor showers, a glass shower stall that by design fails to drain and a door that does not seal results in u holding the door closed hoping the water will eventually go down although most ends up on the floor. Bathtub also has a shower but half the time there is no hot water.
Too
Bad this is otherwise a wonderful place, and if u get a good shower then ok, or be like me and I just lived with it and I had a good time.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank OntarioCanuck1
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Between 20 January and 26 January 2013: I will start by saying that we have stayed at the Somadevi four years in a row. I suspect that means we have no problem with it!  In fact we love it. The rooms are clean on entry and are kept clean throughout the stay. None of the staff could possibly be any friendlier. The expression being that ‘they bend over backwards to help and please you’. This happens to be a Cambodian person’s trait in any event. If they sometimes don’t understand all of my English, they’re still better than I am because I don’t understand any Khmer.
The Somadevi’s location is perfect. It is situated walking distance from Pub Street (although we don’t bother with that street anymore), and is only a 15 minute tuk-tuk ride to the temples. In fact it is only 15-30 minutes ride to nearly anywhere ‘local’. Supermarkets and Khmer restaurants and cafes are all in walking distance, practically across the road. Foreign exchange right outside the hotel; massage and nails also right outside the door. Curry Walla (Indian restaurant) just out the front. Always plenty of tuk-tuk’s at the ready outside the hotel’s front door. Need I go on?
I guess my favourite bit of all is the swim-up bar, but I would stay at the Somadevi even if they took that away. (Don’t take it away though!!) The pool is big, and surrounding areas of the pool are cleaned every 5 minutes. No other hotel I have stayed in in Asia or Cambodia cleans and mops the surrounds as regularly.
Thanks again Somadevi – see you next year!
One more thing - I am adding this paragraph to all of my reviews: To all those travellers and holiday-makers who are too rude or too stupid to acknowledge hospitality staff (or any goods or service provider) with a smile, or by simply saying please or thank you, please stay home in future. You embarrass not only yourself, but the nation from which you come and all of us who are near you at the time. I am insulted by your ignorance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends