“Great room for a great price close to all the action of the old quarter.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Ei8ht Rooms Guesthouse
Ranked #208 of 495 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Great room for a great price close to all the action of the old quarter.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Complimentary pick up from the airport and engaged this driver to take me around Angkor, all too easy. Lovely big room, A/C, safe, TV and very quiet and private. All staff very friendly and helpful and arranged onward travel easily with them. Situated 5 minutes walk away from all the action in the old quarter. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Ei8ht Rooms Guesthouse last week, but just as our wonderful Siem Reap journey was to begin, we were plunged into total darkness with no power and water!

Our holiday would have been a complete disaster if not for the very friendly and helpful owner and staff of this guesthouse. During the power outage (which lasted for days), the staff at Ei8ht Rooms went far and beyond their duties to make our stay in Siem Reap as pleasant as possible. We really wanted to stay on but the owner persuaded us to stay at another guesthouse, when they learnt that it would take days before any power returned.

Also with all communication systems (internet, mobile, cable tv, etc) down, we were getting a little desperate. The owner Mr. Jason and his tireless staff work all night and day finding us generator-operated guesthouses (most were full), arranged for our transport and even provided use with free bottled water and portable fans/lights.

We would like to take this moment to say a very “big thank you” to everyone at Ei8ht Rooms for taking such wonderful care of us. Special thanks go to Mr. Samath and Mr. Ravy for keeping us entertained with local ghost stories and for apologizing many times for the lack of electricity.

We may have just stayed there for two nights, but the amazing Khmer hospitality we received will live with us for a very long time!
Take care my dear friends and hope everything will be back to normal soon.

Jen, Kerry & Sam

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jennifer360
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had a recent trip to Siem Reap and booked a driver and a room at Ei8th Rooms Guesthouse. I was so disappointed that words cannot describe. First of all there was no driver at the airport as promised by the guesthouse. My second surprise came when I arrived at the hotel and found closed doors. Anyways the guesthouse looked very run down from the outside so at the end I didn't even mind that I stayed somewhere else.
Avoid this guesthouse. For this money you can get better deals nearby.

Room Tip: In the end I stayed at Ancient Angkor at the same rate. The hotel was cleaner and service was fine t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kombogi
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here two nights and enjoyed the comfortable bed, good air conditioning, and friendly and helpful staff. good location and walking distance to pub street, but tucked into a quieter street. There was some construction next door beginning after 7 AM.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I struggled about whether I would post this review or not. I have decided I should share my experience for others that may be in the same situation. Check my other reviews, I'm generally positive and have pretty reasonable expectations.

First let me say the hosts at this guest house are spectacular, they are friendly and accommodating.

We were booked into the guest house for 3 nights in February, ended up only staying one. (I let them keep the fee for the other two nights because my reason for leaving was, in my mind, more my problem than theirs). There is nothing wrong with this place, per se, especially for the price...it's just not what I expected. The photos on their website make it look beautiful, clean, new, modern. And it's really not, at all.

The building is old, very old and approaching run down. The lobby is dark and gives you a dingy feeling. The area immediately surrounding the bed in the room is nice but that's about it, there are bugs, the walls are dirty, the furniture is old and scratched, there are moldy (or at the very least heavily discolored) tiles in the bathroom. There is loud construction that starts before 7am and goes on until late evening.

The windows consisted of slats in the wall that had a pane of glass screwed over them. The slats were full of dirt, cobwebs, and really detracted from the room and made it feel dirty.

The bed doesn't come with a top sheet, just a too-small blanket, and it's anyone's guess if its laundered. I asked for a sheet and was given another bottom sheet with elastic corners and it had brown crusty stuff on it.

Now with all of that said, I struggled as to whether or not I would post this. Siem Reap is not full of wealth by any stretch of the imagination, none of the areas are nice by western standards, the luxury hotels look out of place. So to say that most western people will experience a bit of a culture shock (even if you're coming in from other places, ie Thailand) would be an understatement. I know most locals live in far worse conditions, and the problems with this place when put in perspective are really quite superficial, I just couldn't be comfortable in the environment it provided. If you can handle it, go for it. If you, like me, saw the pictures and thought "wow, what a beautiful place!" you may be disappointed with the real thing especially compared to guest houses of similar price in Thailand.

One more BIG positive: we were picked up by one of their tuk tuk drivers, and he was fantastic. We stuck with him for our whole stay and were always sure to give him good tips, he was there for us whenever we needed him.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Eightrooms Guest House for two weeks and was totally delighted with the room I was given plus the wonderful service. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the time I was picked up from the airport and throughout my stay Ei8ht Rooms Guesthouse was exceptional. I stayed there during Christmas and the New Year. The atmosphere during the festive season was amazing and generosity of the staff was fantastic.

The rooms are clean and a generous size... there's a lot of variations and each one is unique. The gardens are beautiful and the location was excellent!
They also have a really cool chill-out bar just across the road.
I highly recommend Ei8ht Rooms to anyone wanting to stay in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a nice little balcony overlooking the front garden.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo