All the positive reviews about this fantastic little B&B are 100% justified. From the moment you arrive at reception they treat you like a VIP. Service was easily the best I have experienced in Cambodia and as good as any hotel I have stayed at in SE Asia. The hotel itself is very well maintained – it made a few other (more expensive) hotels we stayed at during our time in Cambodia look second rate.
Below are my list of pros and cons for this property:
- The family studio room we booked is spacious and very nicely decorated. There is room enough for a family of 4 to stay in this room (they provide 2 double beds), however as I was only travelling with my wife and my infant son, we willingly took the opportunity to claim one bed each!
- Breakfast was excellent. You basically had a choice of anything on the breakfast menu – fantastic selection of local Cambodian food which was delicious.
- We had a semi-private dining area on the balcony in front of our room. We were able to have all meals served to us in this dining area, which made it feel like an extension of our (already spacious) room
- The pool and surrounding area is beautifully landscaped, however there are only 4 sun lounges in total, which is simply not enough
- As previously mentioned, the service at Hanumanalaya is fantastic. All staff from the receptionists to the cleaners are friendly and helpful.
- Excellent value for money considering the facilities, room size and service levels.
- There was no kettle provided in the room – we had to go down to kitchen each time we wanted to heat up milk for my infant son.
- Location is not great – it is a bit far out from Siem Reap town, therefore a tuk tuk is required to go anywhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare for divine inspiration! The temples of Angkor, capital of Cambodia's ancient Khmer empire, are the perfect fusion of creative ambition and spiritual devotion. HanumanAlaya, Angkor's very own boutique residence, is just a short distance away from these magnificent temple monuments and is the perfect blend of traditional Khmer design and sophisticated international amenities. Many guests love our idyllic retreat. Our guest book is a eulogy to hospitality: a 'wonderful place', 'excellent service', a 'perfect retreat'. 'Paradise'. Lovingly finished in wood and elegantly decorated in local antiques and handicrafts, the HanumanAlaya is a home more than a hotel and guests find it the perfect place to unwind after an adventurous day exploring Angkor Wat and the many other temples. Surrounded by lush gardens, a swimming pool, tropical plants, and a soothing Spa, it is an idyllic retreat from the bustle of Siem Reap beyond, a stay to be savoured rather than rushed. Angkor is a magical experience, one that will stay with visitors forever. Make it more memorable at HanumanAlaya by immersing yourself in our rooms with a personal touch. We are delighted to invite you to visit our sister property, HanumanAlaya Villa, located just 5mn walk from the main hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanumanalaya Boutique Residence Hotel Siem Reap