“Fantastic hotel”

HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence
Ranked #88 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We loved our honeymoon here. The staff are incredible and could not have done more for us. We had a delicious meal in the restaurant too. It's really convenient for a $2 tuk tuk to the busier part of town. We would stay again if we ever return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2014
HanumanAlaya, General Manager at HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Ms. Faye,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your comments and greatly and were delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, our delicious meal and other facilities. Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well.

gm@hanumanalaya.com

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I travel the world for my work, and have stayed at a lot of hotels. I am a Ambassador Platinum at Intercontinental and a Gold at Marriotts. So, I am saying this with some experience. This is a great hotel. We went on a family vacation. My 10 year old could not get enough of the pool. It is a small pool. But it is a nice pool. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The service was awesome. Because of jet lag, me and my wife would get at 3 am. We would step out of the room, and spend time in the many tables, couches and chairs around the hotel. This place is like your home away from home.

They arranged the guide for us. They arranged cars for us, and so on. Exceptionally good service. There was always tuk tuk's available just outside and for 2 bucks, they took you anywhere in town. The drivers are so nice and honest. A contrast to Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville. Siem Reap is the nicer, gentler and lovelier place among the cities in Cambodia.

I rarely eat at hotel restaurants. But we decided to eat at this hotel restaurant one night. It is about a dollar or 2 more than outside prices. But, boy we were surprised at the quality of food. This is gourmet dining. In our 12 days in Cambodia, Hanumanalaya restaurant (forget the name of their restaurant), was the best. We ordered a banana flower salad, which was perfectly made. I had a fish curry dish, which was fantastic.

If you are staying here, eat at least one meal at their restaurant. To the hotel manager, lower the price, slightly. And do not let go of your chef. Even the morning omelets were done perfectly. My only regret is, wish I had eaten more at this restaurant.

Early morning before sunrise, I did my yoga on the upstairs patio.

This is a cozy, nice, comfortable hotel. Definitely a place I would come and stay anytime I am in Siem Reap. And for the price you are paying, it is a steal.

Favorite coffee shop in Siem Reap - Sister Srey.
If you are looking for tasty, spicy Indian restaurant, then try Dakshin. The owner is very nice to talk to.
Khmer food - Hotel Hanumanalaya

Room Tip: If you do not want to use a guide for the temples, bring your own book on Cambodia. Read up in adva...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MalaysianAmerican

Dear MalaysianAmerican,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and such a favorable one at that! We really appreciated reading this and more so, took delight in knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here in Siem Reap!!

I note your comment about the price of our great food in Reahoo Restaurant. This point certainly valid and will be addressed.

Let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and thank you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A great place to stay! Our holiday was 10 days staying at HanumanAlaya and the experience was one of the very best. I travel to Siem Reap regularly and will stya here again. The staff were attentive, friendly, efficient and no problem was to big - they just smiled and got on with it. My travel group all loved the food the rooms the comfort and convenience as well as the boutique look and feel. What a great holiday - we will be back again and again.

HanumanAlay offers a quiet and comfortable stay just out of town and this was a truly blessed location away from the constant noise of the city area close to the river and easy 5 minute ride to the town center.

Travelling to Siem Reap and want a somewhere that reflects and respects the local culture?
You will be hard pressed to find something better in my opinion.
Glen from PaintingHolidays.com.au

Room Tip: The Suites have balconies and wide verandahs. The Deluxe rooms downstairs are spacious and easy acce...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
HanumanAlaya, General Manager at HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Glen,

Warm greeting from HanumanAlaya,

Thanks for taking time to share your wonderful experience of your stay with us, we are more than happy to learn that you and your group had a memorable stay with HanumanAlaya and Siem Reap.

Look forward to welcoming you and your two groups in July 2015,

Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of any further assistance,

Yours Faithfully,

gm@hanumanalaya.com

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was the first time I have stayed at HanumanAlaya and loved it.
Great staff, great food, great accommodation and lovely grounds.
Wonderful accommodation for travelers and convenient to all the attractions that Siem Reap
has to offer.

Warm greeting from HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence and Villa,

Thanks for your time to review us about your great stay with us. We are more than delighted to learn that you enjoyed everything at HanumanAlaya. Your appreciation is vital for you and keep up our service to ensure that all our clients have a wonderful memorable experience with us.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at info@hanumanalaya.com if you would like to plan your trip to visit Siem Reap again,

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I paid for a low price for the best service I ever had in hotel service. I only pay USD100 for a good 2 nights stay. Staff is good and environment is the best. You won't believe it until you try it. Best of the best hotel staff, service and environment I ever had.

Room Tip: The room I have is last suite on 1st floor No. 3. it is good
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your time to share your wonderful experience of your stay with HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence. Your appreciation of our service "Best of the Best Service" is vital for you.

Please feel free to contact us any time : info@hanumanalaya.com if you would like to plan your trip to visit Siem Reap again.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Was there for a few days in early July. They have their own drivers that speak English (not well but enough to communicate) to pick us up from the airport and drive us around to all of the temples. Our room was beautiful, and the staff was able to help with anything we needed. About 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the temples. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
HanumanAlaya, General Manager at HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thanks for spending your time to share your detail experiences of your stay with HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence. Your kind words help us to do our best to improve continuously, day by day to be excellent and it is very clear of how much we do for all our clients staying with us.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you to Alaya again in future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family stayed in one of the larger rooms (a "studio suite", with two double beds and a single), and it was a completely delightful experience. The hotel is beautiful and very well maintained - like a peaceful, charming oasis. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom spacious, and the pool was an absolute delight to splash around in after a long day of tramping about the Angkor ruins in the heat. Breakfast is included and delicious (be sure to try the home-made coconut bread they use for toast almost every morning) with muesli, amazing yogurt (so rich it's practically creme fraiche), fresh fruit, good coffee and your choice of hot dish. The hotel's location is a bit out of the way (i.e., it's not near the downtown areas where the market and all the restaurants are), but this is really no problem: the tuk-tuk ride into town is $2 or $3 each way, and there's never a problem getting one - there are literally swarms of them in Siem Reap.

Service by the well-trained staff was uniformly excellent and friendly. The massage I had at the spa was the best I had in Cambodia (and I had quite a few!), but also the most expensive. My wife and daughter weren't terribly impressed with their manicure/pedicure, though.

The only minor irritation is that we asked for matches several times because the room was stocked with candles and a scented oil burner -- but no one could seem to find us any. This was really no big deal, though, and I would love to stay here again some time: certainly with the off-season discounts, it's an excellent value.

In all, we really enjoyed this hotel and we highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Someone we met stayed in one of the smaller rooms and said it didn't have a shower. You might wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for choosing to stay with HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence and your appreciation of our service is vital for us. We are more than happy to learn that you like the small traditional Cambodian hotel, with beautiful furniture and so may artifacts to dress like HanumanAlaya. Sorry for the issue of delivering matches but glad to hear that it does not cause any inconvenience to you. I could guarantee that will be not happen to any other guests who staying with us.

Look forward to welcoming you and your friends to the lovely property again,