“Good stop off.”

Big Lyna Villa
Ranked #84 of 268 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
“Good stop off.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place for a quick stop off. I moved on after a day. I could only get hot water out of the shower which in any other case would be fantastic except for in siem reap it hit 35 degrees on the regular. The old woman on the desk had a great smile.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fantastic one stop shop for everything I've needed here!

From the tour of the temples to the excellent cooking and onward travel arrangements, this place has ha it all. Superb value, clean and quiet room.

Also the pancake I ate for breakfast is the best I've ever had :)

• Stayed January 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here in December for New Years Eve, and I'm going back very soon. Lyna's service and friendliness is Great. Very warm and down to earth. I really enjoyed my stay there, the Restaurant is quick and comfortable, and the Hotels location is very close to the Centre of town.

I have been to 85 countries,and I can say with confidence that your not going to find this type of friendlness and service in many other places.

Kudos to Big Lyna and her staff.
Darin

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank green076
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have stayed in other places in Siem reap including some far more expensive places but this is my favorite. The manager and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The villa itself is great and the rooms a very large with floor boards. Lots of character. The small restaurant downstairs is a great place for a coffe/beer and a socialize.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jdb605
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Loved Big Lyna Villa!!

Stayed there twice whilst travelling round Cambodia. Both times, great experience here. The rooms are very clean & spacious, and the staff are incredible. This in part is down to Darlin who runs it (we called her Mama-she looked after us so well!). She is an amazing woman who treats her staff better than anywhere else I stayed during my trip. Nothing is too much trouble and her positivity is infectious! So many laughs we had and so many good nights here.

Great location too - just a few minutes walk along the lovely river bank into the main town / markets etc.

The food is absolutley stunning! Noodle soup - amazing! All of the food eaten was fresh, well cooked and super tasty! Really nice local traditional Kymer meals as well as more Western dishes available.

Mama is so helpful, nothing is too much trouble, organising tuk-tuk's & transport, day trips, cooking whatever food on or off the menu, anything!!

Have recommended staying in Big Lyna Villa to friends who are visiting in a few months and would recommend to anyone travelling to Siem Reap.

Miss you Mama & all the staff, will definatley be back soon :o)

Thank you for a brilliant time there,

Michelle xx xx (Bridget Jones 2!)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Michelle H
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My firs contact with the place was when the manager of the hostel I stayed in took me and some others To Big Luna for the breakfast.
The place was different from the others. Organized and the staff understood english.
I felled in love with the soup and relaxed atmosphere they served, that was the begging of big LOVE for Big Lyna.
The staff are friendly, helpful and the house is very very clean. Everybody seems to have fun!
We got everything we wanted.
Fresh frogs? The way we wanted it or popcorn when we watch the movie? Speakers to play music or good headphones when we needed it to talk on Skype and tell the world how good life is.
Even the cat look healthy. The environment is just perfect for young and adult person =). The mix of travelers there is just beautiful and like i saw during my staying there the place were full. So if you cant stay there i can recommend the food!
The magic fish soup stole my heart and i moved in with bunch of people.
The week at Big Lyna was amazing!
Nothing was a problem!
Everything was just perfect there. Very very good value for the money!

The lady who runs the place, Mama we called her is amazing women with magic hands and the most positive energy! The laughs together are unforgettable!
Karaoke and red wine wants in the magic garden make you relaxed.
Beautiful, I just want to say thank you for everything and i miss the place a lot!

Thank you for the gifts Mama and the yammi recipes! Hello to all the staff!!!

All by my self...
Bridget Jones

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank izakur
Lunag Prabang
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My partner and I travelled to Siem Reap initially to visit the temples (as everyone does) and fell in love with the place. We decided to do some volunteer work and we needed a home away from home to crash in for 2 weeks whilst we volunteered. We accidently found Big Lyna Villa as we walked aorund town and we are glad we did. Darlin (the manager of the Villa) came running out to meet us for a friendly chat as we walked past and gave us a tour around her Villa - it was very homely and she was very friendly and more than willing to go the extra mile to help make our stay warm and welcome - almost as part of the family. The rooms are very big and comfortable and Darlin is on hand 24hours a day to help with whatever you need. The location is great as its only a little walk into town (or rent a bicycle from Darlin) - or take a tuk tuk from the villa (again organised through Darlin) and you are assured of getting a cheap price. The Villa is situated acorss the Volleyball courts, so as you are relaxing and taking a walk, be sure to stop and have a look at the locals playing volleyball, even though it seems as it is a group of guys just getting together on weekends, the quality of their skills and their athleticism is amazing. The food is great and at local prices - you cant go wrong with this place - we stayed for 2 weeks and will go back there again when we go back to visit.

Be sure and have a banana/cafe shake ($1) around the corner at Moloppor its a great way to start or finish the day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple