“Clean & Convenient”

Ranked #101 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“Clean & Convenient”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Clean and sleek and a touch of traditional feel with their wooden furnishing. The hotel is not really occupied when I travelled (late 2013). Just a stone throw away from the local restaurants in the day and converted to happening night life in the evening.

Room Tip: I didn't like the room that was offered to me, hence I requested for a better view, they accommo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We loved staying here at this hotel.The location was perfect 5 minutes walk to a huge assortment of restaurants.Angor Wat was only a short drive.You can get a tuk tuk to the temple it's not very far and a great ride.It was quiet seeing it wasn't far from the night life.We would stay here again.One word of advice do not eat any meat at the outside hotels on or near pub street.Never been so sick.Luckly it was our last day before heading back home.Breakfast was great try the mixed omlettes.Rooms were large.One word of advice watch the water temps hot water is boiling in rooms.

Room Tip: Over looking to pool was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen D
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with friends and chose the hotel due to the location. It's so close to all the markets and restaurants but that's about the only thing that counts in its favour!

We checked in after 18:00 and the room wasn't ready yet (luckily they moved us across the road to the main building where our friends where also staying); the rooms are in desperate need of new sheets and towels (sheets are yellow, towels are on their last and most swimming towels are stained). Staff at reception desk is not very helpful and even rude. And I was shocked when they charged me $1 to make a reservation at a restaurant. Much better to have breakfast off site as there is nothing to write home about!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clarisse C
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent five wonderful nights at this lovely hotel. Just off all of the business of Pub Street, 2-3 minute walk.Had a large grocery store just around the corner. Very nice breakfast each day, one day we left at 5 am to see the sunrise and the hotel packed us a simple breakfast. Pool was an added benefit. Laundry across the street for $1 per Kg! I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Checked-in to Steung Hotel on our first night in Siem Reap based on highly recommended by my resort GM.

A heritage hotel with 2 wings on each side of the road. Room allocated to the building away from restaurant and pool. Hotel provides lift service.

Staff is friendly and polite.

Room is clean, spacious and valued of what you paid for. As being a hotelier myself, "amenities spotcheck" has become part of my life whenever I checked-in into hotel room. Spotted missing one coffee spoon and informed the hotel staff to provide me beforehand just in case I will be charged for missing item upon check-out *just to be safe side*. Hotel towel is not clean and has few yellow stains which I don't expect it from a 4-star hotel.

Free Wi-Fi. Great location - walking distance to pub street, Night Market and Old Market and restaurants. Need not a tuk-tuk to reach hotel.

We leave early for Angkor Wat sunrise tour and didn't plan to get them prepare the packed breakfast thinking that we would come back on time before breakfast ends at 10am and do room check-out.

Hotel staff offered us the luggage storage facilities at their business center room which we agreed as we will continue our 2nd part of Angkor Wat tour. When we arrived back to this hotel to pick up the luggage at about 6pm. There wasn't any staff in lobby. We waited for 5mins and decided to take our luggage on our own as we are rushing to watch Apsara Performance Show. We were surprised with the safety of the hotel as the business center door is left open and unattended with all guest's luggage being stored there.

If the few things above can be fixed, it would be a great hotel to stay at.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janet L
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. It was Deluxe room with an extra bed, the room was on 4th floor, spacious. The hotel had a heritage feel to it. They have 2 wings on either sides of the road. We stayed in the wing where restaurant and swimming pool located, so we didn't have to cross the road every morning. Breakfast was buffet, served from morning 6 o'clock. Its very convenient for those wanted to visit Angkor temples early. Breakfast is having good selection but it will be the same every day.

Location was excellent, right next to Old Market (Psar Chas), yet we didn't feel the rush of the market. Very close to the river front as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ningbo, China
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here 5 days, first day was impressed with the room, large size, clean, and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. But out of the 4 nights they only cleaned my room once, after the first time they would just empty the trash. First day they didn't clean I didn't say anything, because I thought maybe they would come later, or something? But the 2nd and 3rd day without cleaning my room I complained to just have excuses of they were expecting to change me to another room, or that they forgot and they would come right away. Both times they never came, and I didn't make too much of a fuss as we spent very little time in the room. If they don't clean regularly while people stay there make me think... What other cleanliness standards are they skipping over? I do not recommend here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo