“Wonderful hotel, great location”

Steung Siemreap Thmey Hotel
Ranked #102 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed September 26, 2007

After a month of SE Asia travel, I ended my trip with four nights here. Incredibly comfortable, large clean room, large clean bathroom, TV with several channels to choose from in English (as well as many other languages), coffee/tee and hot water pot, refrigerator, complimentary bottled water each day. Service was terrific - warm, friendly. Breakfast is included and very good, breakfast room very comfortable. Pool is very clean and pretty. Location is just on the edge of the Old Market area, perfect because the just outside the hotel it is very quiet, and you only need to walk 1 block to be in the heart of the Old Market, shops, restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2007
10  Thank Sarebearl

Reviewed August 8, 2007

Eventhough I chose this hotel based on reviews from this TripAdvisor site, I was still abit doubtful when I am going into the hotel. The front entrance of the hotel and lobby was not very grand simply because the size of the hotel was not as great as many other hotels I saw on the way from airport during my arrival. But after checking into the room, I realised the space was rather big and adequate, with all the standard amenities available that you would expect for a 4-5 star hotel. Toilet looked clean and spacious, with no smell (as some older hotels I've been have some musky-smelled toilets even if its 5-star rated). Nice balcony overlooking the street. I think the best compliment this hotel shall get is that the location was perfect! You simply dont really need transport for going out shopping and eating because the popular "European Street" where all the fance restaurants are is just a street away from the hotel. There are also the Old Market where you can purchase souviniers and other goods for your visit just behind the hotel. So simply saying, you really dont need to worry about transportation. The only down side I can say about this hotel is that it is separated into 2 blocks, in which I was staying in the block opposite and have to cross the street every morning for breakfast and when I go swimming as well.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank ah_leng
Reviewed June 30, 2007

When we were forced to move out of the Shinta Mani boutique hotel (due to massive construction and renovation) and find another hotel at the last minute, we wound up at the Steung Siem Reap on the advice of our local guide.

The hotel staff welcomed us with open arms, and we loved every minute we spent at the hotel. The AC was remarkably good, and the rooms were comfortable, large, and chilly. We spend many happy afternoons bobbing around in the gracious saltwater pool, which gave us the perfect break from the mid-summer Cambodian heat.

Breakfast, included with our rooms, was an adequate buffet of eggs, bacon, sausages (cut to look like flowers!), breads, and toast.

Avoid the restaurant for other meals, as the food is usually reheated from frozen materials and can be really horrible. Instead, take best advantage of this hotel's fantastic location and walk to Red Piano or any of several other fantastic restaurants just two blocks away.

You'll love your stay here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
12  Thank MadeByMark
Vyrayuth, General Manager at Steung Siemreap Thmey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is with my great pleasure to thank you personaly on your good comment to our Steung Siemreap Hotel.

Your kind feedback is so important to our management team to improve more service and standard at our hotel.

We appreciated and thank you once again for staying with our hotel.

Kind regards
Philip Toh
gm@steungsiemreaphotel.com

Reviewed June 25, 2007

I have just returned from Cambodia and was staying in Steung Siem Reap Hotel... I have nothing but praises for the hotel and just have to give the staff credit for our fabulous stay there.

Like some other reviews, Mr Philip and Mr Kyden were excellent in their service and also loved their attitude. They are always so concern about our stay and will always spend a minute or two just to check with us on our stay in Cambodia.

All other hotel staff, from the restaurant, receptionist and housekeeping staff were all very friendly and always wears a smile on their face (Singapore hotels can learn from them)

Rooms are nice and clean, with more than 80 cable channels!(though they can improve by updating the TV menu provided - the menu does not match the channels....)

Location is conveniantly near to pub street, old market place, centre market and night market (what else can we ask for!!!) though near, the surroundings are quiet and peaceful.

Will not stay anywhere else if I were to visit Siem Reap again!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ywy517
Reviewed April 28, 2007

My stay at the Steung Siem Reap Hotel was fabulous. The two day managers, Mr. Philip Toh and Mr. Kyden San did everything they could to make me comfortable and I really appreciated it. Although most of the staff couldn't answer my questions about their native land and attractions, they were really, really lovely gentle, pleasant people. The only person I didn't quite take to was the night manager.

The room had everything I needed and more - in-room safe, free water bottles daily, cable, bathtub. There were some minor bathroom issues, (cleaners should have done a better job, provided new bottles of bath and shampoo liquids rather than used ones, and a squeak in the bathroom fan could have been fixed) but aside from that the rest of the room was well-kept. Double glazed doors kept the noise and mosquitoes out.

The location was absolutely ideal. It truly could not have been any better - I could walk to pub street every evening. In the day I would walk to the old market and even central market. I suspect I could have walked to the night market.

If ever I went back to Siem Reap, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank JustRenay
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My room in the new block was large, clean, new, everything worked, the bed was comfortable, a good sized bathroom, towelling robes. Generous buffet breakfast included, with Western or Asian food. Breakfast room and a nice pool are a few steps across the road in the old block. The hotel is very conveniently located in a quiet street just a minute from many restaurants, shops, and the old market.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank RossE
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I stayed at this hotel as part of my honeymoon. We were picked up from the airport and driven straight there. The staff were always friendly and smiling. We stayed in the new building, which is only a few months old. The rooms are in great condition, clean and a good size. All the rooms have a balcony and looks like an old French building. The hotel is in a great location only a couple of minutes walk to Bar Street, the market and all the restaurants. There are not many hotels with this good of a location. There are plenty of tuk-tuk's in the street to take you to the temples. We hired a driver for the day for US$10. I would recommened seeing the temples this way, they are spread out around the park and when you are in the middle of a hot Cambodian day you don't want to be riding a bike or walking around.

We loved our stay at the Steung Siem Reap and would reccomened it to anyone. It is not over priced conpared to some of the other hotels around and it is a great hotel with great service.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple