“Value for money”

Bou Savy Guest House
Ranked #16 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I stayed at this guesthouse for 3 nights. The guesthouse has a very cozy environment, staffs are very friendly, spacious room, clean room/toilet and their complimentary welcome drink is delicious! Opsss.. forgot to mention the free breakfast was good also. Its location is a bit far from Old Market area but there are many tuk-tuk outside guesthouse to take you around.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank LyviaYap
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed May 29, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights, and it was great. Staffs were friendly. I'm glad that I chose to travel around Siem Reap with Rithy, the staff who offer us to bring us around SR in his tuktuk car. A very nice and friendly staff Rithy is. Food there was ok, but not the best. Definitely recommended for everyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2009

The amount I paid for my 2 nights stay in this guesthouse is worth every penny. It started with a complimentary airport pick-up, welcome drink, the spacious room which is very clean and the free dinner because of a promotion for the lean season. The tuk-tuk service provided by Pilot is also worth it. The staff and tuk-tuk drivers speak conversational English. The location can be a disadvantage to some but I find it to be a blessing in disguise as it is away from the noise of the street so it is almost a guarantee that you will have a restful sleep.

I would not think twice to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank kegler747
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Stayed 5 nights from 29 April 2009. Free airport pick up, spotless large en-suite room, excellent breakfasts, fantastic friendly and very helpful owners and staff - especially Asean who acted as our superb tuk-tuk driver and guide.
Can't agree with negative comment about location. It's in a secluded area off the main Route 6 and as such is quiet at night. The garden/restaurant area is very pleasant. There are bars, restaurants and shops nearby but City centre and Bar Street nightlife only a short ride away (5 minutes, not 15 as stated in previous review!) and it's on the Angkor side of town.
One of our most enjoyable stays in 15 years of SE Asia travelling ranging from backpacking lodges to 5* hotels.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I didn't stay at Bousavy, however, I've been in contact with Mr. Bovuth who is the owner. He has been so kind and flexible with all of my questions regarding lodging. I just got an email from him now saying that he's doing specials for the rest of the year:

To Celebrate the 5th Year Anniversary of Bou Savy Guest House And to Encourage the Tourist to Travel during the Global Finance Crisis, We would like to offer for the clients as below:
* Get one Dinner Free
* 10% off for Food and Beverage
* Stay from 01 to 03 nights, Get 10% discount on Room Rate
* Stayt 04 nights, Pay 03 nights only (On Basic Price)
* Free Wifi
* Free pick up service
Valid from Now until 03 October 2009.

www.bousavyguesthouse.com

I haven't finalized my lodging for this summer (I'm leading a group of 16), but this is my #1 choice!!!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I stayed here with a couple of friends over a weekend while visiting Siem Reap. The guesthouse was wonderful. It was a great value for the price (which included 2 good breakfasts and a great dinner). We were picked up right on time from the bus station and greeted with fruit smoothies upon arrival to the guesthouse. Everyone was incredibly friendly and our Tuck Tuck driver, Plate was super nice and told us a little bit about the temples as we traveled. He also gave us a great recommendation for a hike on our last day.
The guesthouse itself was very clean and in a good location. Our room was clean and spacious with air conditioning and a hot shower (WC style). We were all very impressed with this place!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on 25-26 April and cannot believe that the previous review could be so different from our views. Through our own fault we were not picked up from the bus station as we omitted to let Mr Bovuth know our arrival time. However when we rang him, he was there in 15 minutes flat and was very disappointed he could not have been there to pick us when we arrived. We were checked in with a welcome drink and shown to our room which was so large!! This family business guesthouse is situated in one of the best kept gardens I have seen and the rooms and surroundings are clean, the staff are very accommodating and pleasant. They just can't seem to do enough for you. We got one of the staff Sem Bunthorn drive us around town and to the temples - he was a great guide and spoke good English. Yes Bou Savy is a little away from the main drag, but its only US$1 by tuk tuk and its nice to get away from it all. A tip is to use the guesthouse services to get the best deals. Even the breakfast is included in the cost - its a bargain of a place!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple