“Excelent (considering the price)”

Bou Savy Guest House
Ranked #20 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excelent (considering the price)”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

was traveling in SE Asia for 5 weeks, and this was the nicest place I stayed in. Friendly staff, nice and clean rooms, moderately central, and on the way to the temples... you cant ask for more! :) Do try to avoid the rooms facing the primary school, accross teh road, or you will be waken up every morning at 6 :p (great if you dont want to miss the sunrise at the temples! :)

Room Tip: Do try to avoid the rooms facing the primary school, accross teh road, or you will be waken up every...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Da Nang, Vietnam
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in three different hotels in Siem Reap and this one finally nailed what I was looking for - a nice balance in comfort and money. As a budget solo traveler, I was looking for something clean, safe, and relatively close to things I was seeing/doing. The staff doubles as tuk tuk/moto drivers sometimes which is incredibly helpful because they give you a decent price. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and they give you advice about things to do during your stay.

Room Tip: The wall attachment that holds the shower sprayer was broken in my room, so I had to get creative wh...
1 Thank Kbot5
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in an air-conditioned room in Bou Savy Guesthouse for 3 nights, and I had a very pleasant stay there. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The shower's hot enough to help you relax after walking for the whole day at the Angkor region, and the wifi worked very well at common areas (would be great if there's also wifi signal at rooms...). The staff were very friendly, and the breakfast tasted really good. I was overwhelmed by what I get as a backpacker.

1 Thank carminatang
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bou Savy Guest House delivered almost everything that I’ve expected from them – clean room, good service, delicious free breakfast, fast wi-fi connection, and nice ambiance. I also liked that its staff are very accommodating and helpful that every time I needed a tuk tuk (it was raining during my stay there) to go out, they would willingly get one for me even if it was late in the evening.

The hostel was also in a good area -- it’s about 15-mins away from the airport and about 1 kilometer away from Pub Street, where you can find good food and booze at night.

However, the only downside I experienced was when the staff forgot to give me the ticket for my trip from Siem Reap to Bangkok, which I paid for $11.

This made me become a victim of a common scam near the Cambodia-Thailand border because I did not have any ticket to show them.

I emailed Bou Savy about this and apologized for the miscommunication.

They promised to give it back to me but I don’t think it’s still possible.

So, I guess it would be better to think that it was an additional tip for the staff of the hostel.

Room Tip: Take the rooms near the dining/reception area if you need fast internet connection.
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was my first time to visit Seam Reap and through the website I was able to book a room for us. Strategically located and just near the national highway. It is affordable and very good for backpackers. This can be a good choice of travelers working within a very minimal budget. The staff and crews are so honest and very helpful. Maybe thats the reason why they always have many guest to cater. Bou Savy Guest House is highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bou Savy for two weeks while we volunteered and we were really pleased with the service and care we received. Yes it is a budget guest house but with a lovely atmosphere, accommodating staff and a great little veranda above the reception/restaurant. Just away from town there are bikes to hire or a 2 dollar ride in a dedicated tut tut so safe and who could ask for more.

• Stayed May 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed June 7, 2013

They do the cheapest laundry in a town(1$US/1 KG). However,when we received our laundry,half of them were not washed but they still charged us for undone laundry.
Also, Wifi did not work in our room at all.
We love our Tuk Tuk driver Ny and all staffs, so we still really appreciate their friendly hospitality during our stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 114 if you need wifi and want to sleep till noon.there is a local school near...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bovorn, Owner at Bou Savy Guest House, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Value Customer,

Warm Greeting from Bou Savy Guest House,

Thank you very much for stayed with us during your holiday in siem reap. And thank you very much for your value comment on Tripadvisor..com. We just want to clarify on your comment about Laundry services that you said Can't Be Trusted.

You said Some of your Laundry is not washed and we charge fully price, That is not Correct. you lie this word. We washed all your laundry. The story is , in the morning, you drop the laundry 1.70kg is $1.70 and later on you drop the laundry 1.00kg is $1.00 on the same day. We said that all these laundry will be ready and return in evening. At evening time, you came to pick up your laundry and you received only the 1.00kg laundry only. After checked, we miss to wash to your 1.70kg Laundry. But we not return to you that evening . we keep to wash on next day and return to you on next day evening with apologize from the staffs and explained that the person who received this laundry 1.70kg forgot pass this laundry to the laundry officer.

I do understand your feeling that both laundry is ready on time as we promised. But all your laundry washed as you known. That is not washed as you said. Please don't say lie.

For Wifi not access to your room, that is not all the time. Most of the time is access. Just sometime only. I already explained you that the server of internet speed is control by me. That is control by the company. But i'm not keep it quiet. i always try to contact officer as well. and the officer always deal this case. As at the moment is raining season. So the weather is not so good. But i can say that is acceptable.

My place near by Primary School, that is correct. We are away from the main road surrounding by greenery plant try and green environment atmosphere.

Anyway thanks for your comment. But not true information.

Have a nice day.