“very very good hostel for backpacker !”

Bou Savy Guest House
Ranked #22 of 483 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
“very very good hostel for backpacker !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

i just stayed here for 3 nights and the facilities and service are very satisfied !!
they staff very kind and friendly with smile everyday.. not enough with that, the free breakfast are very cool. i will recommend this GH for travellers with tight budget. sure i will come to this GH again if i go to siem reap someday :D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cebu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Such amazing staff and great service. If you dont have your laptop with you, they also provide free PC+internet usage(they also have free wifi btw) . We availed their room package with free tour, their tuktuk drivers were very kind and friendly plus unlimited supply of COLD mineral water while touring the temples under the heat of the sun. This place comes off highly recommended to my family, friends and to you! ;)

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had booked a double room but were given a twin room on arrival because one of the guests had decided to stay on another night. Didn't mind the twin beds much but the room we were given was quite bad, especially the bathroom. Very old, mouldy with bits of cable hanging out of the wall and toilet paper squeezed into some holes. We were really disappointed and could not understand the reviews on tripadvisor. We were able to change to the double room we'd booked for the following nights though and that was so much better! Clean, spacious, nice TV, fridge and the bathroom a lot better too. Most of the staff are lovely and helpful. At breakfast you have a few choices, mostly baguette with eggs or jam and better. Do try the banana pancake, it's more of a waffle really but very good! Had dinner at the guesthouse the first night - don't, it was bad! Much better restaurants in town which is only five minutes biking away.
Get to rent bikes at $2 per day, they're not the newest but you can get around. The staff is very helpful in arranging/booking transport for you and we also had one of them as a Tuk-Tuk driver taking us around Angkor one day, $12 for the two of us. Be aware that the guy is just a driver not a guide and most don't speak English very well. Guesthouse itself is a little set back and therefore quiet. Having lots of green plants around the place is quite relaxing.
Would definitely stay here again, only in one of the nicer rooms however.

Room Tip: There are nice and not so nice rooms, especially when it comes to bathrooms. If you're disappoin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flauschipoohbear
Siem Reap, Takev, Cambodia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Long term resident of Siem Reap, I recently returned after medical treatment in the U.S. I'm staying in guest house until I can find suitable apartment, and based on Trip Advisor reviews and visual inspection I decided that Bou Savy met my needs. Getting their monthly rate, I moved in on 2 Feb 2013. Shortly after I began to have trouble getting and staying asleep due to insect bites. Thinking that it was misquitoes I used liberal amounts of Raid and insect repellent, but there was no improvement. I woke one morning after a particulary vicious bite and snapped on the light. There were about a dozen grown bed bugs crawling over the sheets and pillows. I spent the rest of night killing those that I could find and used loads of Raid.

The next day I spoke with Bou Savy staff and explained that I hjad bed bugs. Initially they played ignorant and offered me more Raid. I became more insistant and one staff member indicated that they would rectify and move me into another room. However, that did not turn out to be the case. They chased me from my room and and treated for bugs, but declined to change rooms. Some relief for a couple of days, but by the 3rd day the bugs were back. I again approached the staff, and if my nose isn't wrong, they simple used Raid (Lavender scent).

Two days later now (23 Feb) and last night I was bit and I killed 3 bugs. At no time has there been any offer to pay for cleaning of my clothes, relocate to different room, not even an inquiry to see if problem was solved. This is high season, rooms are difficult to find, but I am out of here as soon as I can find a place to go.

The reviews posted mention misquitoes frequently, Perhaps they are bed bugs instead? If not for this major problem, I would agree with the good reviews regarding cleanliness and value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Happy H
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our group had 6 persons, it was our first time to visit Cambodia. Firstly we had some worry to walk out the airport of Siem Reap. Two staffs of Bou Savy Guest House were already waiting for us with friendly simile that minus our nervous.

We felt relax under their "green" environment, The rooms are comfortable with " free" good breakfast and the price is reasonable. . Our unforgettable impression is all staffs are very friendly, they help us to solve our travel problems. Their service are excellent. Because of them, we had one wonderful travel experience in Siem Reap. Now we have different thinking about Cambodia. Thank you very much!!!!

Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm usually into do-it-yourself trips, but availing their 4/N 3/D package was a great decision because i was able to save a lot... For $98 i got an airconditioned room, free breakfasts, 1 free dinner, and a tuk tuk to take me around Siem Reap. They even have complimentary bottled waters during the tour. My room was big enough and it was spotlessly clean. I particularly liked the guesthouse's ambiance, it gave me a homey feel. It's not on the town center but i like it just like that, away from all the hustle and bustle. The owners of the guesthouse were really accommodating; always ready to lend their assistance, and all the staff were very friendly. Overall, i really had a terrific stay at Bou Savy and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: You may request to get one of the rooms at the newer building (the one near the entrance). The uppe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RamblingRunner
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved this place and couldn't believe that such a cheaply priced little gem existed. A week here cost us next to nothing. The grounds are lovely. The rooms are good, but make sure you ask for one with an air conditioner. They do your washing very cheaply. They serve meals and ice cold drinks/alcohol. There are always tuk tuks out the front waiting to drive you wherever you want to go very cheaply. $1 gets you to town by tuk tuk, or walk (20 minute walk). We are in our 60s and found this place extremely comfortable. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an air conditioner because it can be very hot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple