“Fantastic place - a perfect time”

The Villa Siem Reap
Ranked #84 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
England
“Fantastic place - a perfect time”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The Villa Siem Reap is a fantastic place to stay. We were lucky enough to get a beautifully maintained bungalow for 4 nights which really helped to take hassle out of the mad dashing between temples. The Villa has friendly and very professional staff (Nary is a treat) who truly make the stay enjoyable; it is located within walking distance to the markets and pub street and is also close to Angkor Wat (the Villa approved Tuk Tuk drivers, like terrific Mr How, will be more than accomodating and patient for your travels around the temples). The bungalows were immaculately maintained and cheap for the quality of the rooms, although there are also a number of delux and private rooms available that are also very comfortable and great value for money. The restaurant serves excellent food and the breakfasts are the best (again, due to the great staff). I would strongly recommend anyone going for a short or longer stay to Sien Reap to stay at the Villa.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Anyone visiting Siem Reap will be pleasantly surprised by the EXCELLENT value for money offered at this location.

A restaurant on site helps after a hard day at the Temples, and the staff are quick & efficient organizing tour bookings etc.

Don't hesitate, choose Villa Siem Reap !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank joybl
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed May 5, 2010

The Villa is a nice place to stay while in Siem Reap. It is a 5 min walk into the 'old town' where 'pub street' is and loads of restaurants and shops. The villa also organizes tours of Angkor Wat and other temples in the area. They also have tours of villages in the area. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious. I found it to be good value as well as just a pleasant place to hang out and relax after a long day of walking around the temple ruins.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meeshbabe
Portoroz, Slovenia
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Me and my wife spend there 4 nights.
-The location is good
-The service is good as well (stuff very friendly)
-The place is clean
Is a good place to stay if you visit Cambodia for the 1st time....
We took 4 Night villa package which include all the most famous tourist attractions.
We have had a tuk tuk driver Mr. HAU ....he is very very good tuk tuk driver we recommend he as well.
The owners of the villa have one another place with name Sojourn this place is great...try to visit it or spend some night over there too...total relaxing place... chill out....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I have come across the name of the hotel in Lonely Planet and then checked for reviews on TripAdvisor. I liked what I read and so booked a room on line directly with the hotel - a Delux room for $20 a night, for one night (due to travel plans). I was not disappointed.
They requested for a 10% deposit which was a bit strange but I went along. They asked me for my arrival flight details and offered a complimentary pick up which I thought was great in view of the fact that I was going to land at 11:30 at night. All the communications were done via e-mail fast and promptly. A young smiling man was waiting for me at the airport carrying a sign with my name on it. He proceeded to take my suitcase and direct me to his moto and off we went to the hotel. He even had a cooler and complimentary cold beer! The hotel itself is in a renovated old villa in a busy narrow street, well located within walking distance to the old market, with a shaded front yard surrounded by vegetation that serves as a restaurant and lounging area. I was received by a smiling young man who registered me in and gave me a key to a room on the groung floor. The room was quite large, nicely appointed, spotless clean as was the fully modern private bathroom. Water pressure was good, the hot water was hot, the drain drained and the toilet flushed. The air-conditionning worked well and quitely. After the long trip it was a pleasure to crawl into a clean comfortable bed. I woke up to the sound of women speaking. It should be noted that the villa is in the city itself and thus one should expect some noise but it was nothing when I was there. Breakfast is not included and as in all hotels in Cambodia is expansive when you compare it to the room rate. But it was a full hot breakfast buffet, with the eggs of your choice made with care and cleanliness by a smiling young woman. The staff could not have been nicer and helpful. As per my request they booked my trip to another town as well as offered to keep my suitcase for me until I return from it. All in all I was very pleased with my stay there and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
London, England
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed here last month and loved the place. We paid a bit extra and got one of the Bungalows which was very spacious and comfortable.

My favourite thing about this place weas the staff, a lot of young really nice Cambodian's who couldn't do enough to help you and seemed generally interested in having a chat.

Overall a superb place and we were sad to say good bye !

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan222
Brighton
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I actually stayed here on and off for six months, and used this as a base for a project with a local NGO I was working with. Financial restrictions meant I had to take the cheapest room, which was if anything understated, and was above expectation. I had a good hot shower, fridge, TV and Air Con. The Wi Fi was sporadic but useable.
The staff were excellent and the Villa soon ended up feeling like home, in so much as I did not feel the need to seek a local flat as it was nice to come 'home' to a cold drink, a laze in the garden hammock and a smile. Manager Becks worked like a trojan making sure all customers were looked after and happy.
My only criticism would be the cost of breakfast when all I really wanted was a roll and coffee some days. The conversion to a buffet style breakfast from $5 and up meant a trip into town for a cheaper option. The special also did not change for months on end 'Salt and Pepper Squid'. Evening food was good however, and the Aussie BBQ a steal at $6.
The Villa is serious good value with its high service standards and made for a very happy home.
That OK then Becks!