“Very friendly staff, quiet location but close to town”

The Villa Siem Reap
Ranked #89 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I really felt at home during my stay at The Villa! Upon landing at Siem Reap Airport my companions and I were surprised that they had already arranged a tuk-tuk driver to pick us up. When we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed with cold towels and drinks. I was also able to consult with one of the staff regarding our itinerary and he gladly made suggestions and helped us arrange our schedule and transportation for our 4-night stay. They provided us with a tuk-tuk driver, Jeer (?) for our trips to Tonle Sap and around the city ($15/day), and a car ($50 w/ guide---his name was Soo (?)) for our trips to the temples.

However, there was some confusion with our itinerary during our last day: we missed the sunset at Phnom Bakheng on our 2nd day, and one of the staff assured that we could go up the temple at 5 PM for free the next day, knowing that we only availed of a one-day pass. We turned up at the Angkor Wat ticket booth on our last day at 4:30 PM only to find out that we had to wait until 5:30 PM before we were allowed to proceed to Phnom Bakheng. Perhaps we should've verified his claim before actually making plans, but as a staff member we expected him to be sure of his facts. Anyway, I suggest you do your own research before following anybody's advice; I think the language barrier can get in the way!

Despite that misunderstanding, I was really pleased with their service. Though it's a bit more expensive than other hotels in the area, we were able to get our money's worth!

+ The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and accommodating---no question about that. We felt so spoiled.

+ The location is fantastic---it's nestled in a quiet neighborhood, but it's a short walk away from convenience stores and small cafes.

+ It's also easy to walk to some of the city's interesting spots (come on, you need the exercise after binging on Khmer food): it's 700 meters away from Pub Street, where you can find the best restaurants and bars in the city, and about 800 meters away from the Old Market, the Siem Reap Night Art Market (great for souvenirs!) and the Angkor Night Market.

+ We stayed in a triple room on the second floor, which had a shower heater, a vanity table with a big mirror, a small fridge, VERY cozy queen and twin beds, and a split-type air-conditioner. We had no problems with mosquitos. The bathroom was a bit elevated compared to the rest of the room, which was quite odd. We had to place a towel near the door to prevent water from seeping out. It was a minor setback, though.

+ The WiFi wasn't very fast, but it allowed me to do simple tasks, download apps and browse through social media. If you don't have a portable device, they have a PC at the lobby.

+ The breakfast was okay. I tried their beef noodles once, but the meat was quite hard, so I settled for bacon and eggs, which was much better. The lady at the restaurant was very friendly! She was always smiling at the guests, which I really appreciated.

+ I wasn't able to swim in the pool, but I did get to check out the area: the pool is quite small, but the poolside beds looked quaint and cozy, and they had free WiFi in the area.

Will I stay here again? Definitely! Thanks for making our first time in Cambodia absolutely enjoyable, The Villa!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lyssp

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was the last stop on our recent trip to Thailand and Cambodia, stopping here during the 2nd week of November. We wanted to stay close enough to downtown that we could walk there, and our daughter had stayed here about 4 years ago and recommended it. The location was excellent, only a 5 minute walk from the night market or Pub Street. The hotel was clean, and the room spacious. As previously mentioned, the bed was firm, but quite comfortable. I slept well all three nights. The staff was warm and very friendly. They were happy to accommodate our requests and helpful when we had questions. The restaurant has a small breakfast menu, and all food is prepared when ordered, it's not a buffet. So it does take 5 - 10 minutes to prepare the food, not unreasonable. Oh, the banana pancake with fresh fruit was outstanding, and the omelet was good too. The pool (a new addition since my daughter's stay) was cool and inviting. It was wonderful on a hot muggy afternoon. We did not take advantage of the hotel's guide service offering as we had arranged a guide service prior to our departure.

Our stay at the Villa Siem Reap was wonderful and rewarding. The experience of exploring Angkor and only some of its many ruins was incredible, and overwhelming. It is an experience not to be missed. The people of Siem Reap and Cambodia could not be friendlier or more welcoming. Staying at the Villa certainly was also an experience I would not want to have missed. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llsee
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here in the last week of Sept 2013 and found the location very convenient to the center of the tourist part of town. A 5 - 10 min walk to pub street and the markets. the rooms were clean and comfortable and large enough not to feel cramped. beds were firm yest comfortable. The staff were friendly and attentive and always greeted you with a smile. Our breakfast at the hotel was fresh and arrived in about 5 min from ordering. The breakfast menu was a little limited though. We ate out at restaurants in town most nights so cant comment here. the pool was clean and a good size it was a welcom way to finish a day. We did have some noisy neighbours at one stage however after two nights of this management asked them to move on. We were most appreciative. Also the Villa have their own generator so is not affected like other Guest Houses when Siem Reaps power goes out. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: our room was on the shaded side of the building which I think made is slightly more comfortable howe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank davtha
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The rooms are big and nice. It's clean. The pool is pretty nice, it feels good to rest there during the afternoon when it's too hot outside!!

People are kind and help you for anything you ask for. They help you plan your visits and tours.

And by the way, it's a really nice place and not so expensive, so it's really worth it!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visiting again Siem Reap i'ved booked the hotel villa siem reap in the internet.The tuk tuk driver Mr. Veasna i met at the airport bring me to this small boutique hotel near the night market. Very nice, friendly and polite staff were waiting for me and gave me a very proper support by check in and explaining the hotel facilities. The room was big, clean with big bed, safe AC , minibar and next to the beautiful saltwater swimmingpool. The room was cleaned up everyday and the amaneties in the bathroom were filled up everyday and all guests were asked the days of their stay if everything is ok or if they need any support or help.The breakfast was tasty, enough and well decorated. Although the manager Mr. Sochea Pen was around everyday and talking to guests and helping whereever its needed. Bikes and tours are to book easily at the receptiondesk.
All in all i'ved hab a wunderful stay in this little boutique hotel in the middle of crowdy surrounding but really quiet and relaxed inside the restaurant , at the pool and in the room. I would like to recommend it and i will be back as soon as possible.Thank you very much.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel was great, staff easily set up our tours for us and helped us plan, the rooms were massive and well kept, breakfast was plentiful

No issues

Only thing stopping a 5 star is the pool was not ready when we were there, but looks like that has changed from the pics

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Whenever I look for a place to stay specially outside the country, I usually rely on
recommendation of friends and trip advisor reviews. Yes. Im one of those who researches, asks and nitty on details. Hehe. :)

The Villa was recommended to me, my friend spent their honeymoon w/ them and they said nothing but good things about them. Since Im not going on a honeymoon, opted for the lots of luxury package instead.

From day zero til our last day, I have nothing negative to say to The Villa's team. Phollin, the manager is a good trouble shooter, in short he is a great manager. The staff are knowledgeable, give inputs, available and always SMILING. You need those smiles after a long day w/ the temples. They're also attentive, honest and apologizes if they don't understand something. I value those qualities in a staff. Pholli, Smile and the other girl (sorry I didn't catch your name) are very nice and accommodating. Our dear Pholli who is always present for ideas. Haha. :) Mr. Lang, our tuktuk driver is always on time. Im fond of one staff in their dining area, I'll call her Ate (since I can't say or spell her name correctly) made everyday's morning breakfast worthwhile. Breakfast is YUMMY and servings are just right.

Our room is clean and well kept. Nice white sheets and good smelling bathroom. Hot shower & A/C are working perfectly well.

Too bad I didn't try the pool due to lack of time, but It sure looks nice. They can also arrange tours, bike rental, and bus ticket for you. All you have to do is ask if its possible. Our flight arrived in wee hours of the night, and Pholli was there, accommodated us eagerly. If you want a stress free stay in Siem Reap, stay in The Villa. :)

Their location is walking distance to resto, pharmacy, convenience store, mall, pub street, and the market. Its a bed and breakfast, but their services are almost at par to a big hotel.

អរគុណច្រើន :)

Room Tip: Get the room in the second floor. Near the balcony. :) I like how the sun gets inside the room as na...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple