New Angkorland Hotel
$38
  • Breakfast included
$62
$120
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I came to the hotel quite early and met up with a guy called Sukhon. He's the main guy you need to speak to because he knows everything in the city (i.e. where the best for everything is).

I got a tour guide by myself from the street that the TukTuk man recommended and he was bloody shocking. I spoke to Sukhon and he got me an excellent tour guide the following day named Tom. He's quite informative and knows his stuff ( more than me even though i am a Hindu ). Ask Sukhon to get a map of the temples and mark where to see.

Sukhon recommended a great restaurant too - it had amazing spring rolls.

The hotel provided breakfast which was quality because the eggs were freshly made for you.

Great hotel, nice people that work there, wish i stayed longer than one night.

Room Tip: Ask for Sukhon to guide you though what you need to do in Siem reap
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights with a group. Rooms are excellent and very clean. Hotel is off of the main road in a quiet back road, but close to all amenities. Pool is spotless and very inviting. Breakfast choice was OK . Easy tuk–tuk ride or walk into town centre. Very close to supermarket with smaller shops even closer. Excellent restaurants in immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

It is a beautiful place to stay. Room, service and breakfast - everything was great. A little bit far from city center, but it is 10 minutes to walk anyway. Only one inconvenience for us is strange wifi policy - we need to enter lengthy login and password every 3 minutes or even often.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights and was looking foreward to my visit as it was the most expensive of my hotels and four star when I was staying at other two star hotels. However, this was by far the worst hotel we booked. Our room never had airconditioning. We continuously asked the reception at night, and after sending about four men to our room at 1am to fix it, it broke an hour later. A few times a night we also Experienced power outs which turned off the tv and lights. A friend of mine was stuck in the lift during one of these. The water was cold most of the time, or would reach lukewarm. My friend swears they found little hairs and blood in their bath and were switched rooms, while three other friends staying there at the time switched to other rooms after coming back from a day out to see ants eating their things!

The pool is by far the nicest part of the hotel. It is large and great for laps. The breakfast was the worst I'd seen in south east Asia. I definately would not reccomend this hotel as it is low in value and genuinely uncomfortable

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank travelingstar1
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the New Angkorland Hotel for 4 nights in July. The room was spacious and clean but we did have to request a change of bedspreads on arrival as the ones on the bed had stains on them. I was a bit horrified when all the maid did was to take the spreads off the beds and roll them up and put them in the cupboard rather than take them away for washing. We enjoyed a swim in the pool and found it to be cool and refreshing but did note that there were tiles that needed to be fixed. The fitness equipment did not look up to much.

Breakfast offered a range of dishes of both a western style and local dishes, and there was a good selection. We also ate one meal down in the downstairs bar and were happy with the food that we received.

Generally we were happy with the hotel but felt that it could do with an upgrade.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family