City River Hotel
$48
$179
$161
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
$107
  • Breakfast included
$130
$120
All reviewsrooftop poolpub streetmassage centreshort walkacross the riverold markettuk tukair conangkor watnoodle soupwithin easy walking distancefantastic locationbuffet breakfasta great place to stayegg stationnight marketbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I can't say enough great things about City River Hotel! It is extremely clean, perfect location, free wi-fi, ver quiet rooms, so friendly and the value was terrific! I would encourage any of you reading this to stay at City River!
As a side note----Upon returning home, Mr. Paul, manager, wrote to let me know that I had left a ring in the room. First of all, loved the honesty of both the housekeeping staff for turning it in and to Mr. Paul for actually contacting me. I think this says a lot about City River!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
SIEMREAPRIVER, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Sghenry,

Thank you for selecting City River Hotel for your hospitality needs in Siem Reap.

Our objective is to provide unforgettable experience to all of our guest.

We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay at City River Hotel ,feed back about our staff were honest and hard working.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you and wish to have the pleasures of welcoming you again very soon.

Mr. Paul Sokha SRENG

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed in City River Hotel from October 20-22,2011. We had the free and easy package for 3 persons which include a car for a daytrip in Angkor Wat, the heavenly 60 minute massage ( a must try), the buffet and dinner show feauturing the Apsara dance and other native dances as well, the free airport transfer with a very accommodating and funny driver, free welcome drink and friuts. The staff are so friendly and they would do anything to make your stay memorable. The Manager Mr. Paul is a gem. He made our stay very special. This is one hotel that is home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Hedymanila,

Our objective is to provide unforgettable experience to all of our guest.

We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay at City River Hotel and feed back about me made your trip special during your stay with us.

Mr. Paul

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Top 3 benefits I found staying at City River Hotel:

1. Great location - walking distance to Pub Street & markets
2. Free wifi, free wifi, free wifi
3. Excellent value for money (staff was also very helpful).

Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We had a fantastic time in Siem Reap an the stay at City River Hotel made it all ai easy. The staff are friendly, the location very convenient and the overall value for money was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed here in late Sept 2011 on the 4th floor. The room was clean but the shower would oscillate between 60-100 degrees F every minute I tried to use it making a shower very annoying. Additionally the door lock was tricky, you had to push a button on the inside of the door and then close the door to lock it, however when the door would close the button would reset most of the time leaving the door unlocked. I came back from a full day trip to Angkor Wat to find that housekeeping had left the door unlocked for who knows how long. Additionally on my final day there when I returned from Angkor Wat I found a used cigarette butt in my room. I don't smoke so this was very unwelcomed. I would not recommend staying here in the future unless your only objectives are a clean room and a decent location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank M C
lundylean, General Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

We would like to thank you for choosing City River for your stay in Siem Reap.

We regret that you're not fully satisfied with our hotel services. We have conducted an immediate investigation in response to your comments. We've found a slight problem with one of our water heaters and working to replace it as soon as possible.

Door locks used inside out hotel are very common in Southeast Asia. It is slightly different from the ones used in many western countries, but it operates and function the same way. Our guests never had problem using it. We can assure you that security is not a problem inside our hotel. House keeping are on standby through out the day and our security camera operate 24 hours on every floor.

According to hotel policy, all room are non-smoking room. House keeping staffs are required to empty all trash on the floor and inside the bin. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our shortcoming in service. We're working hard to keep our facility as clean as possible and looking forward to improve it in every possible way.

We would like to thank you for your descriptive feedback and looking forward to making any necessary changes.