We selected the Royal Angkor Resort from an online booking site and booked for three nights. The choice was really based on the visual representation which reminded me of a distant, more laid-back, relaxed way of life far away from today high strung pushy world we live in. Lots of wood panelling, space, vista's, a large garden and swimming pool in a 5 hectare compound away from the city center did the trick.
We all know Cambodian people are very courteous throughout but at RAR the staff put an extra layer of friendliness and servitude on top of that. No wish is too much, always a big smile and hands together bow in making sure the customer is king.
We asked for a room change (because there is still a road in front so we preferred a pool side room), no problem, arranged in minutes. The room was large, big bed, nice terrace, well working airco, jacuzzi bad, all necessary luxuries there.
The breakfast is well appointed, great food, freshly cooked eggs in every style possible.
The pool and poolside - together with happy hour cocktails - was also very much enjoyed.
And we took 2 massage breaks in our stride (deep tissue massage recommended) as well as the sauna and hamman.
We liked RAR so much that we tried to stay an extra day.
The hotel staff went out of their way to make it work for us, called the airline and all. Unfortunately the flight for the next day was fully booked so we had no choice but to leave on the planned day.
A real pity, an extra day of relaxation in Siem Reap would have been very welcome after all the temple visiting, walking and climbing.
Royal Angkor Resort, a place we will want to come back to.
Thank you Mr. Bun and team ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Angkor Resort and Spa is conveniently perched along the gateway of some of the most significant archeological sites in SE-Asia, creating the ideal location to explore Cambodia's rich cultural inheritance. Tucked away from the hustle and noise of the city, Royal Angkor Resort is only minutes away from these iconic landmarks, providing unprecedented access to the legendary Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Bayon temples as well as the charming and historic town of Siem Reap. Stretching over two and a half hectares, this iconic Siem Reap hotel is jeweled with a beautiful tropical landscape and decorated with the most remarkable architecture, reminiscent of the early 20th century. From fine dining to traditional rooms and suites, Royal Angkor Resort & Spa combines ancient charm with modern-day leisure, creating the ultimate space to unwind and embrace the magical spirit of Cambodia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Royal Angkor Resort And Spa