“Tranquil oasis from city bustle”

Sokha Angkor Resort
Ranked #74 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Tranquil oasis from city bustle”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is in a very good location, 3 minute Tuk Tuk to Pub St, where most night life/restaurants are. Just outside the hotel are a good selection of shops, restaurants and laundry's etc.
Inside the hotel we found the rooms were large, airy and clean, beds were very comfortable with big bathrooms. Poolside the service, food and drink choices all very good. Breakfast was plentiful and a large variety of food choices. Jacque highly recommends the spa, 2 sessions in our 4 day stay. The hotel carries a relaxed calm after the bustle of the town centre and the heat of the Temples. The highlight was the staff, well trained, friendly and informative. They took time to talk, and added their local tips or ideas to our plans. Excellent service.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JohnnyC26
Vannak H, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear JohnnyC26,

Many thanks for your detailed review of the hotel. I am happy to hear that your stay was according to the high expectations you had and that you enjoyed the hotel, the restaurant and its facilities.

We take pride when you say that our best assets are our employees, who work hard every day to deliver a second to none experience for our guests. We strive to care for our guests with excellent service that is shown in a professional and personable attitude, always attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and gracious.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distance future!

SOKHA ANGKOR RESORT | An affiliate of WORLDHOTELS Deluxe Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were in awe from the minute we entered our room. Stepped out on to the balcony to see illuminated gardens all around. The room was impeccable, so luxurious and comfortable with huge bed and super amenities. Service was top-notch. Dinner in the garden by the lit-up pool was accompanied by a cultural show. We were passengers on a Princess cruise, doing the overland excursion to Angkor Wat. We commend Princess for choosing this fabulous hotel for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kalgal2005
Dear kalgal2005,

It is such a pleasure to learn of your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor and we cannot thank you enough for recognising our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences! This certainly spurs us to strive towards achieving excellence in service.

The entire team and I are look forward to welcoming you back for another enriching Sokha Angkor experience soon.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed Sokha Angkor Resort on 2nd and 3th July, 2013. The balance between price and quality was pretty good and its service was at the highest level. But at the first night of the stay, curious sound was coming out from the wall !! "They" crunched something in the wall all over the night. Of course I could not sleep well... I think all of the rooms at Sokha are very good, and actually the room we stayed at was very nice. Maybe I was out of luck...? That is why, I ranked this hotel with 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear batamoro,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I have personally investigated this case and would like to re-affirm that there are no Rats in the wall. It is very coincident that during the first nigh of your stay, our resort received one big group (student trip) checked-in close to the middle of the night. Our young residents are indeed very excited with their arrival which twisted some noise.

Nevertheless, please rest assured that guest comfort is a priority for us and I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had.

If you should visit Siem Reap again with your friend, please allow us the privilege to take care of you; we hope we could be given the opportunity to make up for all the unpleasantness you had experienced during your stay with us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The most amazing service by all staff. Exquisite dining and spa facilities. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay at the Sokha Hotel. The room we stayed in (Deluxe city view) was extremely comfortable with beautiful furnishings, huge bed (i mean really huge) and gorgeous bathroom, and always very clean. We also felt very comfortable leaving our belongings out and never felt the need to lock everything away. The breakfasts were awesome, one week was not long enough to try everything. The pool is a beautiful place to unwind and have a drink. Staying in a very convenient location in central Siem Reap was also a bonus. Great restaurant, a store and a chemist across the street. Walking distance to Pub street (20 mins).We will definitely recommend this hotel to all we know and will definitely return on our next visit to Cambodia. We felt a bit like royalty, making our stay in a beautiful country like Cambodia even more special. Thankyou to all staff especially the smiling and always friendly doormen and restaurant staff we greeted and were greeted by every day. I love this hotel. :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gypsyjac65
Vannak H, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Gypsyjac65,

Thank you very much for your gracious comments about your recent stay with us and I am pleased to hear you found the location of the hotel to your liking.

I am glad to hear that the team took such great care of you. I will definitely pass on your comment and thanks to our Concierge & Restaurant team to let them know that they contributed to your enjoyment.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2013

While visiting Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, I was very pleansantly surprised by the astoundingly great service and attentiveness paid by All the staff at this very fine hotel. Like going back in time to colonial days, I was treated like royalty - no exaggeration - from the moment I arrived to my almost reluctant departure. My room was expansive, cool, and equipped with great amenities. The public areas were clean and well staffed. The restaurant service left absolutely nothing to be desired. I would not only recommend this hotel to others, but will use it as a touchstone in future as the best I have ever had the pleasure to experience, anywhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer P
Vannak H, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Jay P,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience at the Sokha Angkor Resort.

We are indeed so delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and location. I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts

Thank you again for spending your time with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel: Entrance and lobby was pleasant with the lobby bar the main attraction for drinks before dinner and some night cap (closes at 11pm so having your own bottle is handy - just ask for glasses, ice and water). The Irish Pub was closed during our stay. Room was good comparable to many 4-star hotels in Bangkok. They even offer you a pillow menu!
Food: We only had breakfast in the coffee house. Breakfast variety however was limited in our 3-meals there. Mix of Khmer, American and Asian food.
Location: Check out the supermarket located at the traffic light junction on the side. The liquor we purchased there (Laphroaig) was cheaper than the Dufry at the airport! Take the tuk-tuk to Pub St (paid $3 max) for food and drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool. They come with a balcony with seats and a coffee table.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kenttan
Vannak H, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Kent T,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sokha Angkor Resort! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to explore most of our facilities including some of the other attraction area in Siem Reap town.

Once again, I appreciate your review and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Sokha Angkor Resort is a great hotel on some prime real estate in Siem Reap. My experience was nothing short of excellent and I would always recommend this hotel for a friend or colleague. I'll give a few examples of what made my stay so wonderful, but I'll also give a few critiques, because there is always room for improvement.

1. Airport Pick-Up: I rarely use an airport pick-up service from a hotel, but it was included in my package. Since this was the off-season, my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary, and I had been very hands on with my booking, the manager was nice enough to send over a company limo. This was above and beyond what I expected.

2. Rooms: Our room was an upgrade to a club suite overlooking the pool. The room was beautiful and spacious. There was also a "Happy Anniversary" Cake compliments of the manager. The balcony wasn't that big, but it had a great view and plenty of room for two.

3. Baby Sitting: As relatively new parents, My wife and I had never used a hotel babysitter before. This was one reason why I was very hands on with my reservation. When you go to a place like Siem Reap, you need to have reliable child care. This is especially true when you are celebrating your anniversary. The hotel provided the same baby sitter every day of our stay. She was wonderfully caring and was available what ever hours we needed her day and night. The price was also extremely reasonable, especially compared to rates in the U.S. $5/hour... cheaper with the more hours you stay.

4. Spa: Our "luxury Package" included a spa treatment for two. As most travelers who make it outside of the western world know, Spa's in Asia are far cheaper than spa's in the US and Europe. This fact drove my wife to insist on a daily spa treatment. I didn't resist too much...lol. I highly recommend the "Khmer Journey" it is a two hour massage/wrap treatment that is well worth the price. I also appreciated the Spa's "Happy Hour" that runs most of the morning and afternoon. There is a special list of treatments at discounted prices during this time. This really made the spa affordable. The staff was skilled and professional. I would recommend giving it a try if you stay.

5. General Service and Staff: For anyone who has traveled in Cambodia, you know the Khmer are very service oriented and friendly people. The staff at Sokha took friendliness and service to a new level. Every morning at breakfast the staff would actually play with our 8 month old daughter so that we could enjoy our breakfast without worrying about all the things that can go wrong with a baby in a quiet restaurant. For more paranoid parents, they might have been uncomfortable with the level of interest that the staff had in our daughter, but we were perfectly fine with it. I would assume that during the busy season, this would change as the wait staff would be a little busier though. I was also impressed that either the F&B manager or a restaurant manager would always stop by and find out if we had any other dining needs for the rest of the day. If so, they would ensure that all the arrangements were made to eat wherever we wanted in the hotel, including the lounge where you could eat cuisine from any eatery in the hotel. This level of service was amazing and executed without being too intrusive.

Critiques: Overall, I couldn't be happier with my stay. The only thing that I saw that raised my eyebrows was that some of the basic rooms I walked by appeared to have old box style TVs. My room had a newer plasma though. One could argue that you don't go to Siem Reap to watch TV anyways, but given how long flat screens had been an industry standard in the west, I assumed a Sokha branded resort would be completely updated. Either way, I barely used my flat screen anyways, and all the rooms looked to be otherwise up to date.

I was also slightly disappointed in the pool beverage service. The staff was small and didn't come around that often. I normally don't spend a lot on pool-side beverages anyways, but I might have spent more if the staff came around a little more. This was the only F&B related issues I saw. It still wouldn't effect my decision to return, but the hotel might be losing out on a little extra cash.

Overall: The Sokha Angkor Resort must be ranked amongst the best in Siem Reap. I've also stayed out the Raffles in Siem Reap and felt that the Sokha was a better deal for the price. The service and grounds are equal. The pool at the Sokha is also superior in aesthetic, though a bit inferior in pool-side F&B service. My own $$$ will likely find it's way to Sokha in the future, based on the value for the money.

One additional note for people traveling to Siem Reap for vacation. Try to go in the off-season Late Spring and Summer, your service will be amazing and the hotels and temples won't be nearly as crowded. Also, take a personal interest in your hotel reservation and personally contact reservations by email or phone. You will generally get more personalized service than simply booking through a website. This is probably a good tip wherever you go though.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a pool view... Siem Reap has some beautiful sights, but you aren't going to s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank X61624
Vannak H, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear X61624,

Thank you for taking the time to post this comprehensive review of your stay with us and that you intend to recommend our hotel to your friend or colleague when the possibility arises.

We take pride when you say that the Khmer are very service oriented and friendly people, and the staff at Sokha took friendliness and service to a new level. Indeed, all our colleagues are trained to be friendly & gracious. Our ultimate objective is to care for our guests in a way that they feel home away from home and we are grateful for your appreciation of our service.

Jasmine Spa is certainly a welcoming haven of relaxation after a long day touring the temples, featuring exclusive rejuvenating treatments, inspired by the Asian traditions. The pool is indeed a beautiful sanctuary to start your day with a refreshing dip. Your comments regarding the Pool Beverage Service attitude have been duly noted and shared with the respective departments. It is only through feedback like yours, that we are able to constantly adapt and improve our services.

As per your comment about box style TVs, we are very delighted to share that our hotel is currently changing all the old-style TVs into a latest Flat-Screen TVs; and this project will be ready by end of this month (June 2013). Many of our Residents are already enjoying with this new modern TV while staying at the Sokha Angkor.

It has been a pleasure having you as our resident and we are glad to have provided you with a memorable experience. On behalf of the entire team, I very much look forward to having you soon again among us, hopefully in the not too distant future.