“A wonderful hotel to come back to after a full day sightseeing”

Ranked #49 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bangkok, Thailand
“A wonderful hotel to come back to after a full day sightseeing”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Visited Siem Reap over the weekend and stayed at the Park Hyatt for 1 night this time. I have always stayed at Park Hyatts in other cities and always enjoyed my stay with them. Again I was not disappointed.
This property is situation right in town and although it is on a busy intersection, our room facing the street was surprisingly quiet. The main entrance is small and quite ordinary but once you get through the door you will find yourself in a peaceful and quiet oasis with the whole place very elegantly decorated.
The room is adequately sized for a standard room, well appointed and have a luxurious feel to it. Amenities provided is good. The room is exceptionally clean as expected from any Park Hyatt properties. The Internet works well.
The location is very near to the night market and Pub Street where all the restaurants are located. The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. Service comes right from their hearts.
I would recommend anyone who wants to experience a true 5 star hotel in Siem Reap.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tuatud
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Tuatud,

Greetings from Siem Reap! Thank you for posting such a favourable review “A wonderful hotel to come back to after a full day sightseeing” on Trip Advisor. It was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you enjoyed the hotel not only for its physical aspects but also those of your interaction with the team here and their all being of a positive kind.

I hope you will return to Siem Reap and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your more than favourable review!

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights .....and I would describe the Park Hyatt experience as simply bliss. From the moment you check in, the experience is amazing. Mr Vanny stood out for us in how professional, personal and attentive he was. He could honestly teach front of house leaders in 5 star hotels in Western countries a thing or two about how to engage with customers! The service is excellent, you simply just sit back and enjoy it. . The local staff here are standout and always greet you in a very friendly manner when they pass by.

The rooms were excellent - modern, contemporary, functional, large and very clean. The daily breakfast provided was very generous and to a high quality .... and in summary was a great start to every day.

Mr Vireak is one of the hotel's Tuk Tuk drivers (no. 6) and was an absolute delight to drive us to Angkor Wat and various other trips. I thoroughly recommend him.

Overall - excellent value, an oasis on a hectic city strip and stunning to look at.

I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chamonix79
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Chamonix 79,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!! I am writing to thank you for your super post on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read these and was especially delighted to read your comments in relation to specific members of our team. I can assure you that they will be rewarded! We encourage going the extra mile and it is evident that this is what they did! Great news!

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Kiama, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

what a special place to stay.the staff where great,nothing was a trouble to them.breakfast was a great way to start the day before heading out on a day trip. the pool was very nice,and i would recommend a trip to the day spa,masssage was a 10 out of 10. if you would like to have a holiday in luxury this is the place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traceywatson18
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Tracey,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review on Trip Advisor! Always good to receive praise and I will ensure shared with all.

Let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your comments and for choosing to stay at Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Kind regards,

Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent hotel--great service, great location, great food, great room. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I was traveling alone and wanted to see Angkor Wat. Chose this hotel because a friend told me about it. Even before arrival they were especially helpful. I was able to arrange tours with the hotel and everything worked perfectly. When I inquired about pick up from the airport, the concierge told me cabs were readily available and I could use them, thus saving a lot of money. I then did book a tour with the hotel and it was really good. The concierge service is truly exceptional. I needed to get some pictures done and they helped me find a place nearby to do it. I ate several of my meals at the hotel and the food was exceptional. On Tuesday and Friday night they have dancers. I used the pool and the spa and both were excellent. Also--during off season the rates are really reasonable. Enjoy this experience--it is really worthwhile.

Room Tip: Face the interior courtyard
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank traveler2009Illinois
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to post such a favourable review on Trip Advisor! It is appreciated and greatly! What was also super to read were those of your positive comments about your various interactions with our concierge team, that and how you enjoyed the hotel’s restaurants, the Apsara Show and the swimming pools! I hope all have whetted your appetite and that you will return again sometime soon and that when you do, you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2014

An oasis right in the middle of the city. It felt great to relax there at the end of the day and yet, it's so close to all the action in town. We had dinner there each evening and loved the food. The bar area is also very pleasant. Prices were reasonable. I definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear M P,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Thank you so much for your positive post on Trip Advisor! We could not ask for more and really appreciate your candid comments!! I hope that you also enjoyed your time in Siem Reap itself and the ancient temples of Angkor!!

Cambodia – Kingdom of Wonder!

I trust you are well and do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your requirements!

Sydney
Reviewed August 14, 2014

a bit unique location - amid busy street and a kind of village behind a Park Hyatt is located in the corner of main street. For breakfast you may choose either Living / Diving room or The Glasshouse Deli.Patisserie. Coffee at The Glasshouse Deli.Patisserie is much better. We also tried diving room (can be ordered from menu) costed 28 USD per person. You could have spent the same amount for anything but the quality is super. All the facility the hotel provided are good so you should not be disappointed. As given in the title, access to tourstic points especially pub street are notable.

Room Tip: connecting room for family
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Toshio,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! It was very good to read your positive comments about the hotel, our location and the our food and beverage offerings!!

I hope that you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist.

Perth, WA
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here for five days. It is so clean, the staff so friendly and helpful and its in a very good location. You can walk to the town or markets and yet it is very quiet in the beautiful rooms. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank joybellPerth_WA
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear joybellPerth_WA,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and such a positive one at that! I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you found the hotel and our surroundings to your liking! I hope you also enjoyed the famed temples of Angkor and Siem Reap as a town.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your feedback.

Best regards.