“I wish I could give 6 stars!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Siem Reap

Ranked #38 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Denver, CO
“I wish I could give 6 stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Formerly known as Hotel de la Paix, the Park Hyatt Siem Reap has been redesigned and transformed into an understated, yet elegant, hotel in the middle of Siem Reap city center. The moment we walked into the hotel... it is like someone just put noise-cancelling headphones on us. A pleasant surprise, indeed!

We had a wonderful 4-night stay in their 2-bedroom pool suite, which is the new section of the hotel. It is highly recommended for those who have an extended family as the entire area is almost 2,000 sf large. Kids can have their own world and pace without interrupting other guests in the public pools. Room decoration and functionalities have the same quality as other Park Hyatt flagship properties.

Upon arrival, we were escorted to the Living Room, which is a very cozy and private common area to check-in and were offered delicious welcome drinks.

For breakfast, I like the idea of ordering la carte items from the menu despite the fact that it is a buffet. This approach eliminates clusters around the restaurant and makes the dining experience much more peaceful in the morning. Breakfast quality is superb and has some local selections. Bread assortments are to die for and are right from the oven of The Glass House, one of the hotel eateries. Best pastries and ice cream in town can be found here.

Smiles were everywhere throughout our stay and staffs genuinely care about serving us. We feel that their staffs think that guest service is not their duty to do so, but it is their career and own pride.

It is very difficult to fault anything on this property, but one minor room for improvement would be English communication of guest-facing staffs. I understand from the GM that there are some on-going English lessons for hotel staffs so I am sure that this issue will be gone soon.

We will definitely return to this wonderful property again and highly recommend it to anyone when visiting the Angkor!

Room Tip: 2-bedroom pool suites is a perfect way of stay for extended family.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Napawan,

Thanks for your great review on Trip Advisor!! Please feel free to give us “Six Stars!” We accept and with pleasure!!

I appreciated your review / account of your stay here with us and was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your 4 nights in Siem Reap, AKA, Temple Town! Your detailed comments about the two bedroom pool suite that you stayed in were also appreciated as they certainly paint that of a vivid picture of the room and indeed, its inclusions! Naturally, I agree with you and hope that others will too!

I appreciate your raising the communication matter and yes, we will continue with the daily lessons!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I hope that you and your family are well and enjoying the rest of your travels! May they all be safe and happy ones!!

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The service was impeccable ,the rooms are great and comfortable and the restaurant was delicious it was the best meal that we had in our stay in Siem Reap. Definitely recommend staying there, the location is great as its so central to everything. They organise your tour to the Angkor temples with a guide and driver which includes cold waters and towels at in inexpensive price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear A-G-Robinson,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor! It was great to read how highly you rated your stay here with us! Seems that we exceeded your expectations on each level, from service to our food and beverage options, to our location and so on! I do hope that you will perhaps return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your post stay review.

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We enjoyed our stay from start to finish. The rooms were spacious and clean. The service was excellent and the staff seemed genuinely interested in making sure we were happy. We loved the pool area and spa. The restaurant options were perfect for our stay. We had some of the best eggs benedict anywhere for breakfast. Great location near Angor Wat and the Night Market. I would highly recommend to anyone considering visiting Siam Reap.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear leotraveler,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Thank you so much for posting such a glowing review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor!! It would appear you enjoyed all that we had to offer, including that of our excellent location! Naturally I/we agree with you!! Great too re your feedback on the Eggs Benedict and their being some of the best you have ever eaten anywhere else!! Will definitely share that with our Exec Sous Chef and his culinary brigade.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The living room was swanky! The staff demonstrated top notch service standards across all sections and levels. We were also fortunate to have met Mr Sholto-the GM, Bruno & Ben who attended to all our needs with utmost grace and sincerity! The 2 bedder plunge pool suite was breathtaking! Thank you! The made to order breakfast buffet was generous and much preferred since it's "fresh from the oven" befitting of a 5 star property! Compliments to the Chef for the most sumptuous in room dining spread we ever had to the extent that we simply dine in on most days. Kid's menu was great too! The seafood amok, iced khmer coffee & lemon tart from the glasshouse are not to be missed while you're there- not forgetting the home made sorbets & ice creams. Special mention to Bunnat who was considerate and kind with our queries, Ratha & the front door staff/ reception who would amuse our 4 year old without fail, Sokh Thea & Sokun for the morning smiles & Chen for the impeccable housekeeping, Krishna & all of you - who made our 8 days stay very special. This elegant home is highly recommended! No need to look any further.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear SNS29,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was lost for words which is something that I am generally not! We so enjoyed having you and your family as guests in the hotel and are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay here with us. Naturally I agree with your sentiments about the two bedroom pool suite! Great that you did too! It is an everyday mission of ours to exceed the expectations of our guests, so your heading your feedback as “Exceeded all expectations” was like music to my ears!! I can assure you that all that we will share your feedback with all, especially, those you mentioned by name.

I trust all is well in Singapore and we hope that you will all return to see us again soon! Always welcome!!

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Seldom do I enjoy a hotel stay this much. They remind you of what service is supposed to be. Nothing was too much to ask. This is a true oasis in a busy town, and convenient to everything you would want to see. I whole-heartedly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear bwgs888,

Greetings from a hot and steamy Siem Reap! We had some rather heavy rains yesterday and now are enjoying some rather humid climes!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of your stay here with us on Trip Advisor!! I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time here in the hotel and in Siem Reap! “Excellent,” really said it all!!!

Please let me know if you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Being frequent guests at Hyatt worldwide for many years for both business and pleasure it became time to checkout Siem Reap as it opened its doors to the public a year ago. So we stayed for 10 days and before we realized it, we had to pack our suitcases again to catch out outbound flight. It went all too fast.

It was a great experience, it is a cosy hotel, staff is very friendly, helpful and service minded, great variety of local foods. This type of quality service given here is gone in many parts of the world but still exists at Hyatt in Siem Reap.

Service given here is genuine, comes straight from the heart where in many parts of the world one has to pay a $ for every smile given, not here, here it is still real and authentic.

If one wants to recommend staff it has to be Mrs. Dany from the restaurant. She has been so friendly and entertaining, nothing was too much to asked, it was just an awesome experience, thanks Dany.

Mr. Sholto, the GM has been such a pleasure to talk to and to have met. Many thanks to you too, keep up the good work by you and all your staff.

Mr. Bruno, thanks for arranging our tours and your personal insights of it all.

In summary, There is only one thing we can say......See y'all soon again soon at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, we enjoyed it so much and we'll be back!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear RobWK,

Greetings from Siem Reap!

Thank you for your super feedback! It’s always great to receive such comments and of course to be personally mentioned. Bruno is also of course delighted to have been singled out!! We will of course share your review with Dany and will reward her accordingly!!

All in all it is great that you and your wife enjoyed your stay here with us and your time spent in Cambodia/Siem Reap - The Kingdom of Wonder!!

We look forward to your return and please contact me directly when you have dates in mind so that I can personally assist !

North Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Wonderful property, stunning decor, centrally located. The staff from doormen to general manager fantastic. Exceptionally high service - a true luxury five star property. A beautiful home away from home with gorgeous lounge and bar area. Highly recommended! The inhouse spa is also great with many excellent treatments. Kudos to the GM and Staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DaphneTraveler
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Daphne Traveler,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor! The heading, “Beautiful Property -Excellent Service” said it all and I really do appreciate the positive feedback! It further cements that our plight to exceed guest expectations is indeed a worthwhile initiative!!

I trust you are well and do let me know when you plan to return to Park Hyatt Siem Reap so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.