“Exceeded my expectations at every level!”

Ranked #45 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I would easily classify my hotel stay at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap as the best of my life! From the warm greeting upon arrival (which included the GM, Sholto Smith) to the consistent follow-up from each and every associate I encountered; I was blown away at every opportunity and would highly recommend to anybody from all walks of life. What really blew me away was the care they displayed when my friend became ill. Any associate that I encountered knew of the situation, showed genuine care, and offered assitance shall we may need anything. This included an offer for complimentary transportation from the hospital. The property itself is gorgeous and fresh water pool one of the nicest I have seen! The food at the restaurants were delicious as well. My favorite being the Seafood Amok!! I also used the spa which was relaxing, rejuvenating, and beautiful. Every aspect of this hotel exceeded my expectations. They did an incredible job with the renovation. If traveling to Siem Reap, there is no better place to stay! The location being equally as great as the property itself. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hatoumom
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you for posting such a super review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read all your positive comments and know the team will appreciate these as much as I do!! Exceeding the expectations of our guests is what we strive to do and indeed what drives us!! Delighted that you felt we did this where you and your friend were concerned… I do hope your friend is now better and that you enjoyed the rest of your travels throughout S.E. Asia! Let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

As soon as you arrive, you get a whiff of lemongrass that welcomes you, greeted personally by Guest Service then guided to The Library for check-in. You are given a cold towel to cool off while given a choice for a welcome drink. While having my glass of Rosé, the Guest Service agent, Vithay (hope I spelled it right) does the check-in process. In the meantime I am met by the Assistant Director of Rooms to personally great and welcome me. Very nice touch indeed. My whole stay was on that note.. very courteous, looking after your needs, friendly.. Also want to mention Lundy who served me for dinner and lunch who was very attentive. Definitely my preferred and only place to stay in Siem Reap. Thank you for the wonderful service. I hope to be back someday and this time with my hubby!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ToniaYVR

Dear ToniaYVR, Thank you for posting such a lovely post stay review on Trip Advisor!

Your feedback has been received well and I will ensure that we share it with both Vithay and Lundy and of course with our assistant director of rooms Bruno.

Do let me know when you plan to bring your husband here to stay! It would be a pleasure to personally assist you!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

A short 20 minute drive by tuk-tuk from the airport will take you to an oasis from the craziness of Siem Reap that surrounds the hotel. We received a warm welcome from the staff and were welcomed with drinks on arrival. Check in was simple and fast, and even though we arrived much earlier than the check in time our room was ready for us.

The room is modern, well appointed, spacious with a traditional Khmer flair. The mattress is very firm but comfortable. The bathroom was filled with every type of amenity that you would need. I loved the fact that there was a ceiling fan as well as an air conditioner in the room. There are two pools as well to enjoy after a long day at the temples. Wifi is also available throughout the hotel and is complimentary.

The hotel is located in the heart of Siem Reap, a 5 minute walk to pub street and market district. Service was impeccable and the employee who checked us in remembered our names and whenever he saw us throughout the hotel he would always greet us with a smile.

Room Tip: Best and cheapest way to travel to and from the airport is by tuk tuk and pay no more than $2US per...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for your glowing review on Trip Advisor! I think you have basically highlighted everything which differs us from our competitors and for this we are truly grateful!

I hope you managed to see all that Siem Reap has to offer… While of course the main attractions are the Temples, which let’s face it, are pretty impressive, are also many other things to do and our location for most of the latter, certainly puts us in easy reach for these.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The rooms are not as big as I expected but we were comfortable with a bath and walk-in shower. The bathroom cleverly separated from the bedroom by two sliding wooden windows. There is a fridge, ideal for keeping the copious bottles of water cool, a Nespresso machine and kettle for tea. Lovely. Lots of toiletries, tissues, ironing board and a hairdryer. Very comfortable bed with a softer (well by Indochina standards) mattress. The staff are wonderful and try to do everything they can to make your stay an enjoyable one. They all, even room service and cleaning staff, speak good English.
On arrival you get taken to an air con lounge where you are presented a menu from which you choose your welcome drink. The two pools never seem overcrowded and are spotless. Plenty of towels and, a nice touch, cool water and a small skewer of chilled fruit is offered. We did not try the spa as it seemed pricy as did the breakfast. Not sure we would pay $33 as there was not a huge choice at the breakfast buffet. For this price I would expect sparkling wine, especially at breakfast finishes at 11am! The restaurant serves excellent food, but again, at a high cost.
Main gripe is that on the way to breakfast there is no ramp for a wheelchair to go down. My husband always had to get out, go down the steep step and then get back in the wheelchair. There is plenty room for a small ramp to be fitted. We watched a family also struggle with their son.
If you can afford to stay here you will have a wonderful time in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your post.

While I was delighted to read your mostly positive comments, I was of course sorry to read that you felt our breakfast and spa offerings were overpriced… We did extensive research prior to setting any of these and we feel we sit comfortably within the Siem Reap 5 star hotel market. Your comments about the ramp, or lack of, are also extremely valid and will be addressed with our engineer! We will make one to have at the ready.

If you do plan to return then please let me know so that I can personally assist you.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights/6 days in this lovely hotel and highly recommend it to others considering Siem Reap. Every member of the hotel staff is welcoming and friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. From the moment you arrive and are escorted into the comfortable air conditioned "living room", given a free snack and welcome drink/cocktail of your choice--you are treated so well. The decor is beautiful-soothing and peaceful and the location is perfect if you want to walk around and explore the various markets and cafes on Pub Street. (There is even a very good Mexican restaurant on Pub Street - across from "The Sun" cafe - with fresh lime margaritas! We are from TX so you know we are picky when it comes to Mexican food and 'ritas!). Our flight out of Siem Reap wasn't until 11:25 p.m. and the hotel allowed us to extend our check out to 5:00 p.m.! FIVE HOURS beyond the normal time of 12 noon--that was very kind of them to help us out so we could relax and shower before our 15 hour flight. The Glasshouse Cafe had a nice array of light food for lunch and supper and all goes on sale at 50% between 6-7 p.m. Perfect for a good, light supper and cheap. The only "complaint" we have is with their breakfast buffet. Not enough of a variety and presentation on the plate was lacking.We have lived overseas in 3 locations, currently live overseas now and travel extensively. This hotel, hands-down is one of the best we have ever stayed in. Highly recommend Park Hyatt Siem Reap. Seriously.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking their interior "park" or garden. Not sure what it is called. It...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kertehQT

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your post “Spa-like oasis in bustling Siem Reap” on Trip Advisor!

Naturally I was delighted to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay here with us and also your time in Siem Reap! It appears you covered allot of ground and not just that of the Temples and their surrounds. All good and I hope you will perhaps return sometime.. If you do then please let me know so that I can personally assist you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Let me introduce myself as a seasoned traveller who has stayed in some of the most luxurious hotels of the world (Aman, Four Seasons, Banyan tree, Rosewood, Como, to name a few). When travelling, I like to pick my hotels by using websites such as Kiwicollection, Conde Nast magazine, Travel & Leisure (see my other reviews). So I only like the best of the best. In a nutshell : this hotel is one of the best to stay near Angkor Wat and plan your visit to the mythical temples. I uploaded a lot of photos here to give you an idea of what to expect: http://theluxurytravelexpert.com/2014/04/03/hotel-review-park-hyatt-siem-reap-cambodia/

PROS:
-As you would expect from a Park Hyatt, the high-end hotel feels very luxurious. It’s an elegant mix of colonial architecture and trendy touches.
-The hotel is located in the city center of Siem Reap, at walking distance from the French Quarter, but once you enter the lobby, you leave the huzzle and buzzle of the dusty, hectic town behind and enter an urban oasis of luxury and tranquility.
-The staff and service are outstanding and on pair with the best Asian resorts. They will serve you with a smile, always. And they all speak fluently English.
-The on site restaurant, the “Dining Room”, is superb and highly recommended (albeit pricy for Cambodian standards).
-The hotel has 2 swimming pools which never seemed too busy. There are enough loungers for the guests to relax after all the exhausting sightseeing at the nearby temples. Both pools, while not very large, are very enjoyable and the water has the ideal temperature to cool off under the hot Asian sun. The pool on the second floor is semi-indoor and shaded.
-The hotel has a spa as well as small but pleasant gym room.
-The price is reasonable for a Park Hyatt, especially if you can make use of a best rate guarantee that will throw in another 20% discount from the room rate.
-The rooms are large, and nicely decorated with all modern touches one could want. Beds are very good (although mattresses are a bit on the hard side IMHO).

CONS:
-Airport transfers are priced at US$50. This is expensive considering the fact that hotel is only a 20 minute drive away from the airport and that many hotels and guest houses in Seam Reap offer free pick-up and drop-off from the airport.
-Bath tubes in the room are very narrow.
-Wifi was of very variable quality during our stay: it did work in the common areas of the hotel, but not in our room.
-The safe did not open on the day of our departure causing some stress since we had a flight to catch (but kudos to the hotel, someone was promptly sent to fix it).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank LuxTravelExpert
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to post such a details post stay review on Trip Advisor! Like the previous feedback received, the pros and cons were good to receive in this way! Positive that there were more pros than cons too! Noted to all that you listed in the latter and will certainly share with the team. All very easily fixable…. The airport transfers are a service we get via a third party! The cars being the latest BMW 5 and 7 series and for larger groups Hyundai H1 vans! Of course, the positive also being that all drivers have their drivers licenses and all cars are insured and well.

I do hope that someday you will return to Siem Reap and that when you do you can contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed there for two of the most amazing nights of my life. Everything about this hotel was perfection. The friendly staff and amazing decor took my breath away. I took more photos of this hotel then the temples of Angkor, well maybe not but it was a short distance from the temples and convenient to everything. Breakfast on the patio was incredible with the most beautiful 100 year old Banyan tree tucked into a courtyard. People of Trip Advisor this is the one to pick. I loved every second there and so will you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us! Do feel free to upload your photographs on our site! We’d be delighted to see these! Really!!

I trust you are well and hope we are able to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap soon!