Ranked #49 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The rooms are not as big as I expected but we were comfortable with a bath and walk-in shower. The bathroom cleverly separated from the bedroom by two sliding wooden windows. There is a fridge, ideal for keeping the copious bottles of water cool, a Nespresso machine and kettle for tea. Lovely. Lots of toiletries, tissues, ironing board and a hairdryer. Very comfortable bed with a softer (well by Indochina standards) mattress. The staff are wonderful and try to do everything they can to make your stay an enjoyable one. They all, even room service and cleaning staff, speak good English.
On arrival you get taken to an air con lounge where you are presented a menu from which you choose your welcome drink. The two pools never seem overcrowded and are spotless. Plenty of towels and, a nice touch, cool water and a small skewer of chilled fruit is offered. We did not try the spa as it seemed pricy as did the breakfast. Not sure we would pay $33 as there was not a huge choice at the breakfast buffet. For this price I would expect sparkling wine, especially at breakfast finishes at 11am! The restaurant serves excellent food, but again, at a high cost.
Main gripe is that on the way to breakfast there is no ramp for a wheelchair to go down. My husband always had to get out, go down the steep step and then get back in the wheelchair. There is plenty room for a small ramp to be fitted. We watched a family also struggle with their son.
If you can afford to stay here you will have a wonderful time in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your post.

While I was delighted to read your mostly positive comments, I was of course sorry to read that you felt our breakfast and spa offerings were overpriced… We did extensive research prior to setting any of these and we feel we sit comfortably within the Siem Reap 5 star hotel market. Your comments about the ramp, or lack of, are also extremely valid and will be addressed with our engineer! We will make one to have at the ready.

If you do plan to return then please let me know so that I can personally assist you.

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights/6 days in this lovely hotel and highly recommend it to others considering Siem Reap. Every member of the hotel staff is welcoming and friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. From the moment you arrive and are escorted into the comfortable air conditioned "living room", given a free snack and welcome drink/cocktail of your choice--you are treated so well. The decor is beautiful-soothing and peaceful and the location is perfect if you want to walk around and explore the various markets and cafes on Pub Street. (There is even a very good Mexican restaurant on Pub Street - across from "The Sun" cafe - with fresh lime margaritas! We are from TX so you know we are picky when it comes to Mexican food and 'ritas!). Our flight out of Siem Reap wasn't until 11:25 p.m. and the hotel allowed us to extend our check out to 5:00 p.m.! FIVE HOURS beyond the normal time of 12 noon--that was very kind of them to help us out so we could relax and shower before our 15 hour flight. The Glasshouse Cafe had a nice array of light food for lunch and supper and all goes on sale at 50% between 6-7 p.m. Perfect for a good, light supper and cheap. The only "complaint" we have is with their breakfast buffet. Not enough of a variety and presentation on the plate was lacking.We have lived overseas in 3 locations, currently live overseas now and travel extensively. This hotel, hands-down is one of the best we have ever stayed in. Highly recommend Park Hyatt Siem Reap. Seriously.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking their interior "park" or garden. Not sure what it is called. It...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kertehQT

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your post “Spa-like oasis in bustling Siem Reap” on Trip Advisor!

Naturally I was delighted to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay here with us and also your time in Siem Reap! It appears you covered allot of ground and not just that of the Temples and their surrounds. All good and I hope you will perhaps return sometime.. If you do then please let me know so that I can personally assist you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Let me introduce myself as a seasoned traveller who has stayed in some of the most luxurious hotels of the world (Aman, Four Seasons, Banyan tree, Rosewood, Como, to name a few). When travelling, I like to pick my hotels by using websites such as Kiwicollection, Conde Nast magazine, Travel & Leisure (see my other reviews). So I only like the best of the best. In a nutshell : this hotel is one of the best to stay near Angkor Wat and plan your visit to the mythical temples. I uploaded a lot of photos here to give you an idea of what to expect: http://theluxurytravelexpert.com/2014/04/03/hotel-review-park-hyatt-siem-reap-cambodia/

PROS:
-As you would expect from a Park Hyatt, the high-end hotel feels very luxurious. It’s an elegant mix of colonial architecture and trendy touches.
-The hotel is located in the city center of Siem Reap, at walking distance from the French Quarter, but once you enter the lobby, you leave the huzzle and buzzle of the dusty, hectic town behind and enter an urban oasis of luxury and tranquility.
-The staff and service are outstanding and on pair with the best Asian resorts. They will serve you with a smile, always. And they all speak fluently English.
-The on site restaurant, the “Dining Room”, is superb and highly recommended (albeit pricy for Cambodian standards).
-The hotel has 2 swimming pools which never seemed too busy. There are enough loungers for the guests to relax after all the exhausting sightseeing at the nearby temples. Both pools, while not very large, are very enjoyable and the water has the ideal temperature to cool off under the hot Asian sun. The pool on the second floor is semi-indoor and shaded.
-The hotel has a spa as well as small but pleasant gym room.
-The price is reasonable for a Park Hyatt, especially if you can make use of a best rate guarantee that will throw in another 20% discount from the room rate.
-The rooms are large, and nicely decorated with all modern touches one could want. Beds are very good (although mattresses are a bit on the hard side IMHO).

CONS:
-Airport transfers are priced at US$50. This is expensive considering the fact that hotel is only a 20 minute drive away from the airport and that many hotels and guest houses in Seam Reap offer free pick-up and drop-off from the airport.
-Bath tubes in the room are very narrow.
-Wifi was of very variable quality during our stay: it did work in the common areas of the hotel, but not in our room.
-The safe did not open on the day of our departure causing some stress since we had a flight to catch (but kudos to the hotel, someone was promptly sent to fix it).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank LuxTravelExpert
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to post such a details post stay review on Trip Advisor! Like the previous feedback received, the pros and cons were good to receive in this way! Positive that there were more pros than cons too! Noted to all that you listed in the latter and will certainly share with the team. All very easily fixable…. The airport transfers are a service we get via a third party! The cars being the latest BMW 5 and 7 series and for larger groups Hyundai H1 vans! Of course, the positive also being that all drivers have their drivers licenses and all cars are insured and well.

I do hope that someday you will return to Siem Reap and that when you do you can contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Sholto Smith (Mr)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed there for two of the most amazing nights of my life. Everything about this hotel was perfection. The friendly staff and amazing decor took my breath away. I took more photos of this hotel then the temples of Angkor, well maybe not but it was a short distance from the temples and convenient to everything. Breakfast on the patio was incredible with the most beautiful 100 year old Banyan tree tucked into a courtyard. People of Trip Advisor this is the one to pick. I loved every second there and so will you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us! Do feel free to upload your photographs on our site! We’d be delighted to see these! Really!!

I trust you are well and hope we are able to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It would work well as a Hyatt Regency, but the Park Hyatt brand is a misnomer relative to other Park Hyatts in Asia.

Pros:
---Terrific, friendly service. The staff handled the welcome check-in well, including the welcome drink. Desk staff was always helpful with directions and requests, and spa/pool staff was friendly and proactive.
---Beautiful grounds and atmosphere.
---Intimate feel, made even better by low occupancy.
---No nickel and dime-ing. No additional charges at checkout to dispute.
---Complimentary water, fruit, and cookies brought to the room.
---Good location close to pub street and shopping.

Cons:
---Small rooms. They may be big relative to siem reap comps, but they are among the smallest of any park hyatt in asia (~35sqm vs ~45sqm for almost all other park hyatts in asia). Small bathtub.
---$28 for breakfast is horrible value, but I presume very few people actually pay for it.
---My wife and I got congested after spending any length of time in the room. We quickly felt better once we left the room and now feel fine after returning home. The room was generally musty (musty feel got better throughout our stay but never completely disappeared).
---No special treatment (special room upgrade, breakfast, coupon, etc) despite low occupancy during our stay and platinum status.

Tips:
---We really liked heritage suites and tangram garden for dinner.
---bike shop for rentals across the street (south side of the hotel)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tdsbu

I especially liked the way you broke your feedback into both “pros” and “cons.” While I think safe to surmise you enjoyed your stay here in the hotel, I cannot of course ignore your comments about the room size and points you listed under cons! What can I say without sounding opinionated or possibly bias would be more word appropriate? Not allot really so and that said I will thank you graciously and share your constructive feedback with the hotel team.

I trust you are well and that you are enjoying your continued travels through South East Asia!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm a Diamond member with Hyatt and booked into this hotel for a portion of my honeymoon. Seeing as this was a special occasion for me, prior to my arrival I made contact with both the property and Hyatt Guest Relations in an effort to arrange for a specific room type. I had booked into one of their suites and had requested a specific suite layout within my same category. Not only was this property overly inhospitable, but they were just plain incompetent across the board. I sent numerous emails requesting information on their spa, but the property failed to respond. I then contacted Guest Relations to see if they could facilitate a conversation with the property as I was having difficulties. Guest Relations essentially said that wasn't their job and they don't facilitate conversations between guests and the property when the property doesn't respond to a guest. Eventually after six emails and phone calls, I finally received a response. Then making the property aware I'd be celebrating my honeymoon onsite, I attempted to work with both their Director of Rooms and their General Manager. Both couldn't have been more unhelpful. They claimed they'd do what they can, but in an extremely generic and insincere manner, i.e. they could care less about my honeymoon. Upon arrival I was shown to my suite only to find the suite configuration I requested hadn't been considered. Not only that but management didn't even bother to leave a note welcoming me to the property. I'll note that my honeymoon was part of a larger tour throughout Asia. Every property I stayed at, which was over 10, all left at least a note, provided an upgrade and had roses waiting, some even left wine, champagne, or threw in some other amenities. So I was beyond dumbfounded to arrive at this property, the only property that I made aware of my special occasion by the way, had done absolutely nothing. Not one single common courtesy was extended to me. The next morning we went to breakfast. For what this property is trying to be, which is a business class hotel in essentially a tourist town, the breakfast was awful. Nothing was cooked right. The choices were really poor and not just poor for a Hyatt or any 5 star property but for any hotel in general. After breakfast we requested box lunches for the following morning be delivered to our room. We had planned to take in a sunrise tour of one of the local temples and planned on being up before breakfast was served at the hotel. The hotel confirmed the box lunches. We received an email confirmation from the actual restaurant. However the next morning no box lunches were to be found. We inquired at reception and our query was met with blank faces. Even though I had documented confirmation of my request, hotel staff had nothing on record. Needless to say I never received my box lunches. Sadly this type of experience was par for the course as they say. I could continue with a laundry list of other examples, but doing so would turn this review into a novel. My entire stay was met with one debacle after another. Everything we tried to do, from eating, to organizing tours, to spa appointments, to the actual reservation itself was poorly managed. As any Diamond member, I travel quite a lot and particularly in this region. Therefore I have a good deal of experience with various hotel chains, management styles, and hotel operations. Across the board I can say with complete confidence this property is plagued with bad management. It's been a long time since I've stayed at any property anywhere where its been as frustrating an experience as it had been staying here. I have the sense the staff really wants to help but none of them are trained to do so. This isn't the staff’s fault but management for not providing them the training they require to properly perform their duties. Keeping in line with Cambodian culture, the staff is nice. They just don't know how to do anything more than stand and smile. You'd think management would also have a clue, but sadly that wasn't my experience. What makes this hotel even more perplexing is it sort of suffers from an identity crisis, which just complicates the matter further. They are by far the most expensive hotels in town. They bill business hotel prices in a market that is primarily for tourism. To be a business class hotel you need to have efficient staff. Business travelers don't have time for any mess-ups or additional headaches. Companies pay higher prices for certain conveniences, none of which this hotel offers which would include working internet. I'm a long time frequent guest with Hyatt and a one of their top elite members and have been for years. So if I wasn't able to receive proper service here, I can't imagine how the poor souls who have lesser or no status are treated. There are many great hotels in Siem Reap, all for a quarter of the price you'd pay here. Save yourself some grief and stay elsewhere. This hotel is sort of a like a sirens call. It's news and the location is ok so it seems appealing, but once they have you in their grasp nothing but sheer disappointment will set in. Siem Reap is easy to get around in and the tuk tuks are easy to negotiate with. The city is small so really staying anywhere in the city will put you fairly center and if not it will cost you $1.00 or $2.00 to get anywhere else you may need to go. This property couldn’t care less about its guests and you’d be a fool to pay the prices they charge for bad service and poor management.

Room Tip: This property is boutique in nature, so each room within the same category has a fairly different la...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank BizTravelFR
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear BizTravelFR,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We regret that your experience at Park Hyatt Siem Reap did not meet your expectations and we apologise for any disappointments that you encountered. Please know we are investigating and addressing these matters.

As we were able to look further into some of your concerns, we discovered that we, in fact, have record of the Honeymoon amenities as well as welcome card being delivered and present in the room upon your arrival. In addition, we were able to confirm and review your detailed email correspondence between our concierge staff with assistance in booking for spa treatments and that you ultimately received those treatments off site on Feb 24th and Feb 25th. We understand your frustration in your efforts to upgrade to a Rooftop Garden suite, but as stated in the Diamond upgrade benefits, the highest room category that your GP points would receive was the Park Suite in which you were booked.

We truly do understand the importance of this time for you and acknowledge your strong feelings and dissatisfaction. Although our previous attempts to reach out and resolve these issues during your time spent in Siem Reap were not responded to, we are happy to discuss your concerns if you would like. We will always to strive to ensure our guests have a Park Hyatt experience in Cambodia, an experience which is centered around providing empathy and authentic hospitality.

Again, thank you for your comments and truly apologize for the areas in which your stay was disappointing.

We wish you all the best and hope should you return to Siem Reap that we are given another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,

sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed for three nights in January at the Park Hyatt. The hotel is charming though I did find our room, which was a twin, a bit tight. The breakfast was excellent and the service throughout very efficient and professional. The hotel location is wonderful for wandering thru Siem Reap. Though the hotel is right in the town it was very quiet. My friend did take advantage of the spa service and she said it was one of the finest massages ever. There was a delightful little deli attached to the hotel serving up some fine ice cream...definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank cmstvl
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Noted re that of your thoughts about the room and its size. That said, our rooms are some of the largest here in Siem Reap. I will share your feedback about the Spa with the Spa Manager and will also share your positive comments in relation to our food and beverage offerings with both our food and beverage and our culinary teams!!

I do hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!