“Almost a perfect hotel!”

Ranked #49 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Auckland, New Zealand
“Almost a perfect hotel!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Didn't realise there was a Hyatt in Siem Reap until near the end of my trip. Managed to stay here on my last night in Siem Reap, absolutely enjoyed it. Great facilities (a lot better and newer than the one in Canberra) and warm services. I felt that the service quality is consistent with the other Hyatt hotels I have stayed in but the facilities are definitely one of the best! Management takes feedback seriously, general manager emailed me personally to address a small issue I mentioned in the feedback. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you once more for your genuine feedback. It is appreciated and greatly!

Do let me know if I can ever be of further assistance to you. It would be a pleasure and I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap soon.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel has a superb location and is just 2min walk to the Old/ Night Market (i.e. no need another Tuk Tuk for dinner/ pub time). Super fine decors, just like a small boutique hotel - reception area is inside the Living Room and you don't have that BIG hotel feelings. Not many tour groups I was told (only from Taiwan) mainly individual travellers (mainly Asians). The breakfast is very nice and discreet - NOT a buffet style except the cold cuts…. all hot dishes (egg dishes/ noodles etc) are served. Nice concept!

The room is nicely done but just the so called lighting system is a bit handicapped - we have switches on the left to control the right side and vice versa. Some lightings cannot be individually on/off. Bed was a bit hard - thought that's American hotel? and the pillow is just gigantic! the blanket is quiet heavy…. Call the housekeeping they are very helpful to get anything u need, except the mattress I guess ;)

The staff are very very very nice and smileys everywhere :8 Very genuine and smile from hearts.

Hotel car pick up service from airport costs 50 USD (shockingly expensive) for 15 min but at that time we know nobody so we have no choice. On the way back we just asked our 2-day private tour guide/ car service for the hotel-airport trip - only costs us 7 USD!

Overall it's a very good hotel and we like it very much! highly recommended

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us. Feedback in relation to team is especially appreciated and will be shared with all. It really emphasises that going the extra mile is a worthwhile thing to do.

Thank you too for your comments too about the car transfers. That said we contract via third party and one that supplies us with a fleet of BMW and Hyundai H1 vans. Local taxis are of course far more reasonable but can be very hit and miss in terms of the quality, reliability and indeed drivers with a bona fide driver’s license and insurance. Again, your comments are appreciated and have been shared. I just hope that this did not mar your otherwise positive experience.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Singapore
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is one lovely hotel. The refurbished Park Hyatt Siem Reap is such a charming and beautiful hotel, not only for its building and decor but for its people too. Nothing comes close to the warmth of service here. Every single one working here is just out to make sure your stay is perfect. Their ready smiles and their natural helpfulness made staying here so awesome. Special mention must be given to Samphol, who helped us with our queries at the concierge desk. His sense of humour was well-appreciated! Then there was Sothy, an assistant manager at The Glass House, the hotel's patisserie. He was most helpful with his suggestions on how to spend our short stay in the best possible way, and it was really good advice.
Of course, the room was exceptional too, especially the bed. The room was extremely clean and most comfortable, and it's decor warm. The bathroom was large and well designed. Everything was just perfect.
The location is fantastic too - less than 5 minutes walking distance to the Old Market, Night Market and Pub Street. Spas are also walking distance from the hotel, in that same area. So there is lots to do and eat within walking distance.
The hotel is an oasis from the busy streets. When you walk in, you will not believe that just beyond its walls is such a hive of activities. It is peaceful and quiet. An absolutely wonderful stay.
Oh. And you have to try their home-made ice creams. The dark chocolate one was delicious!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flyn1170
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor “Deserving Six Stars!”

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay here with us and I can assure you that your praise of our employees as you referred to by name (Samphol and Sothy) will be shared with them and they will be rewarded for this. It is of course feedback of this nature that encourages our team to go the extra mile!! Again, thank you.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements/

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!

Bangalore
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The Park Hyatt Hotel at Siem Reap is a cute place with around 108 rooms and suites. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. The interior decor of the rooms very pleasing with the furniture going well with it. The inter-connected suites are so designed that each of the can also be used separately.The service, in keeping with Hyatt standards,is excellent. The Hotel has three dining areas in Dining Room,Living Room and Glass House which is a patisserie and a nice restaurant.
All the restaurants are contiguous and each of them very spacious with the tables sparsely placed.The decor and furniture are quite French in style and tastefully done.The seating in the verandah with swings is really novel and adds to the ambience. In fact the Courtyard with its Banyan tree in the middle,really adds elegance to the place.We enjoyed eating,siiting on the Swing.
The Restaurant serves Indo-Chine and French cuisine.The service here is exquisite and the Chef himself visits each table to enquire of the service and food.Being a vegetarian we wondered what would i get for eating .The Chef surprised us with a very tasty vegetarian dish of Indo-Chine cuisine,which we had not tasted before.He took care to serve different vegetarian dishes during our 3 days stay. The service in the dining area is most courteous and pleasing.
The patisserie had an array of mouth watering Cakes and cookies.
The location of the hotel is also central to market place and easily accessible.They help in organising visits to Angkor Wat and other places of interest.The service at the front office is fantastic,with the staff enquiring about the needs of the residents every now and then.This is very personalised.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of the City is good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback via Trip Advisor! It was very pleasing to read especially given we have really only just reopened the hotel from its being closed for renovation.

It was also very good to get your feedback about our Chef, Martin Robl, and how you found his demeanor with the guests to be that of engaging! It is great that he was able to arrange something for you and indeed that was delicious! We like to think that we exceed expectations and I think it would be fair to say that in this case, he exceeded yours.

I hope that you will return to the hotel and that when you do I am requesting that you contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!

Atlanta
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were delighted to hear a Park Hyatt was moving in after we'd booked flights to Siem Reap.

It's really well located right in town, so you can walk in and around town, or just stay in the hotel away from the crowds.

We decided to book the hotels car service, which at $50 is pretty steep for a 7km ride 15 min ride. A cab was probably less than $10. But its always nice to be met and escorted through.

One key recommendation for arrival - make sure you sit at the front of the plane if you are buying the visa on arrival - $20, plus $1 if you forget a photo for the visa. It's quite slow and you queue two abreast, so if you are in row > 30 expect a long wait!

Anyway, hotel is beautiful. Lovely rooms, restaurants, bar, pool and spa. We booked an advance purchase rate and used a diamond suite upgrade. Lovely big room.

Spa is good. We did the 90 minute Aspara massage and very enjoyable.

We used the hotels recommended tuk tuk for 3 days of travel around the temples. Really great value, nice drivers and a perfect way to see the area. Seeing it in a car seems a bit sad. And by bus a disgrace. Max we paid was $25 for a full day going all the way out to Banteay Srey and then stopping all the way back.

Bayon was our fav temple.

If you are going to Phnom Penh, recommend Giant Ibis Bus - $12 including local pick up. Takes 7 hours though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were able to sample many of the hotel’s facilities, including a 90min Apsara Spa Treatment! I appreciate your comments too about the taxi and take these on board. That said we contract via third party and one that supplies us with a fleet of BMW and Hyundai H1 vans. Local taxis are of course far more reasonable but can be very hit and miss in terms of the quality, reliability and indeed drivers with a bona fide drivers license and insurance. Again, your comments are appreciated and have been shared. I just hope that this did not mar your otherwise positive experience.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can be of assistance to you.

Wishing you compliments of the season and a HappyHealthy and Prosperous New Year!!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel when it was known as the Hotel de la Paix. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Hyatt had taken over, renovated all its rooms and portions of the public areas and branded it as a Park Hyatt, the top brand in the Hyatt chain. The results are spectacular! The Living Room, which is a combination of hotel reception, domestic living room, bar and cozy restaurant is beautifully decorated and very inviting. The courtyard now has a sitting area for tea, coffee or just plain relaxing and is a serene oasis far removed from the hustle and bustle of the busy street which is only a few meters away. The rooms are gorgeous but subtle with hardwood floors and an expansive banquette spanning the entire width of the room. The bathrooms are spacious and elegant and comes with a moveable wall opens up to the rest of the room if the guest so wishes. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is helpful and attentive. Even the tuktuks waiting outside are better than the normal and driven by every attentive and friendly drivers. Our entire family enjoyed our stay in Siem Reap, not only because of all the sights to see and the bargains to be had but because staying at the Park Hyatt elevated into a singular experience.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor is always advisable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bobby C
Dear Bobby,

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor - “Hyatt took over a great hotel and made it even greater.”

I was delighted to read your positive comments which I feel are even more justified given you had stayed here in the past when the hotel was then called Hotel de la Paix… The positive of course that you feel Park Hyatt have transformed something from great to even greater… While this is music to my/our ears, I am sure it would also be to the ears of the architect, Bill Bensley… Of course, the operations team pay a huge part in the overall equation and I am of course happy to say that the team here were all retained while the hotel was closed for its renovation and that all returned to Park Hyatt Siem Reap, some having been sent off to other Hyatt Hotels in the likes of Singapore, KL, Saigon to name a few, for that of continued training and development! All in all a positive experience all round…

I do hope that you will return sometime soon and that when you do I can assist you with your accommodation request.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a happy healthy and prosperous new year!

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Amazing room, pool area, and restaurant - The location couldn't be better; walking distance to the markets and the dining ares - the "real" Siem Reap, and quick to head toward Angkor Wat. The luxurious bathroom and the swinging tables were unique and memorable. As a note, when I stayed there it had a different name, but I am sure the Hyatt ownership has only made it better. I have stayed in other park Hyatts and this property is truly deserving of the Park designation. When I return, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor… I was delighted to receive this due to the all so positive nature of what you wrote. I will ensure this is shared with all here in the hotel as feedback of this kind only encourages!

I note that you said you will be returning in the new year and I hope when you do that you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a very happy new year!!