Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Aviary Hotel(Siem Reap)
Excellent 5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,544 results
All reviewsliving roomglass houseculinary tournespresso machinepub streetcentral courtyardhotel de la paixangkor watbeautiful hotelan oasisnight markettuk tukapsara danceluxury hotelsalt waterfirst floorwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel exceeded all my expectations from the warm and friendly welcome upon arrival and to the beautifully appointed rooms. No expense has been spared with the renovation and you can see that the beautiful ornaments that grace the hotel have been meticulously selected and placed. The employees were gracious and willing to please. I could definitely stay here for a lot longer than the two nights I had but will be sure to recommend this to any travelers looking for authentic hospitality and a private sanctuary to enjoy the wonders of this amazing city.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear J and J,

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor! I was really pleased to read your positive comments about your recent stay! The hotel as you probably know went through a 14 month renovation programme where the original architect was engaged once more to put more of his creative genius to what was already deemed as an iconic hotel in south east Asia!! We, like you, think that he did a great job and you are right in what you said re the art works, as all were meticulously chosen and we think, chosen well.

Anyway, it’s always a shame when stays in some destinations are shorter than one wishes for…. That said, more the reason to return and I hope that you will both be able to do so in the not too distant future!

I trust you are both well and wish you safe onward travels!!

All the best from Siem Reap and Best regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, rooms are great. The breakfast is excellent. I love the Living Room and Dinning Room. The pool and public areas are so nice and relaxing I want to stay in for longer. Love to come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review on Trip Advisor! I was happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you enjoyed both the Dining Room and the Living Room. Our chef, his team and the food and beverage team, will be delighted to read this.

Sorry that you could not stay for longer and hope that your recent visit has whetted your appetite to return! Do let me know when you plan to so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap for 3 nights from October 30-Nov 2 and am a big fan. I had previously stayed at the same hotel in 2009 when it was the Hotel de la Paix which was a beautiful hotel but they put style over function. The Park Hyatt has melded form and function perfectly to create one of the best hotels in Siem Reap. I've also stayed at several other hotels in the area over the years including the La Residence d'Angkor and Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor to name a couple and the Park Hyatt is easily a match for the top hotels in Siem Reap. As I see it each of these properties would appeal to slightly different tastes with the Park Hyatt the hotel of choice for those who want a sophisticated, urban-resort experience with excellent service AND central location.

The staff was really excellent and friendly, as are pretty much all staff at hotels in Siem Reap, but they go out of their way to learn your name and are genuinely warm and friendly. The location of the hotel may be one of the best in Siem Reap as it is easy walking distance to shops and the bars and restaurants of Pub St which cannot be said of some of the other top hotels in Siem Reap although these are only a $1-2 tuktuk ride away.

I like the way Park Hyatts in Asia do breakfast with a great buffet but also the ability to order any number of ala carte items as well. Bring your appetite because it's an experience. We spent hours enjoying breakfast each morning.

All and all a wonderful experience and one I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a polished, luxury hotel in a prime, city center location. Kudos!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you thank you thank you for your rave review!! Really; always great to read such positive comments and naturally I was especially pleased to read how you felt we, since the rebranding and our becoming a Park Hyatt, have melded both form and functionally to perfection… This is really quite a claim and one that on behalf of the entire team, I would be very happy to accept!!

Your other endorsements are also very much appreciated, from your positive comments about the location of the hotel, to the food and beverage offerings and of course, to the staff and their being so excellent at what they do! Again, I really cannot thank you enough!!

Given this was not your first visit to Siem Reap I am hopeful that it will not be your last and that when you do decide to return you will contact me so that I can assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Spent 5 days here and loved it. It used to be Hotel De La Paix, a private French run hotel, but the Park Hyatt has done a great job taking it over. They kept much of the original, local staff who worked at the previous hotel, which we thought was a classy thing to do. It's small. 3 levels, but nothing is missed. The interior courtyard is beyond gorgeous, with it's water and many seating areas. The courtyard leads to everything. The restaurants are beautiful. By Cambodian standards, the main one is expensive. Dinner for 2 was $75 (versus dinner in town at $30 for two). But by North American standards, still very very cheap. And the food was really delicious; worth a splurge for one night. We often had 3 to 5 people serving us, since the restaurants weren't busy. The decor is Art Deco updated with Cambodian artistic touches. Very beautiful. The pool on the first floor is amazing, outdoor, indoor and infinity all in one.The spa service is worth every penny. Have a massage. It was amazing. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and are always smiling warmly. They seem to take great pride in their work, which means, as a guest, you get truly pampered. You can walk to town in less than 5 minutes or get one of he million ever soliciting Tuk Tuk drivers to take you there for $1. This hotel was just recently opened so it's not very busy right now, but undoubtedly it will get very popular. It's just too nice.

Room Tip: The garden rooms overlook the interior courtyard and will be quieter than those facing the roads.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor…

I was delighted to read your positive comments and will ensure that these are shared with the entire team.

I think that it would be fair to say that you touched on most aspects of your stay here with us, from treatments in the spa to dining in our restaurants and to enjoying the location of the hotel and its being so close to so many of the amenities that are here in Siem Reap!! All good!!

Above all we were thrilled to have been able to make your holiday all the better by your staying here with us!

I hope this finds you well and that you will return to Siem Reap soon! Let me know so that I can personally assist you!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel's in the middle of the city and looks modest on the outside but is full of great pieces inside. Best part is luxury within walking distance to the buzz of Siem Reap's shopping, markets and nightlife.

Room Tip: Deluxe is all I needed
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank e L
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Immense thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your taking the time to write about your recent stay here with us and of course, all the better due to the glowing nature of what you wrote! We hope you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.