Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in tour

the tour is exciting and amazing. People in the village is nice. hope to visit again in other... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jianghual2019
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile
Excellent tours; genuinely improving community life in Cambodia

Hoksan is amazing; my friends and I have so much admiration for how he uses this organization to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MelanieLux
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

All reviews bird watching bird sanctuary village tour local community smaller boat nesting birds floating gardens tourist dollars viewing platform tonle sap amazing trip eye opening unique experience highly recommend this tour day tour two days binoculars
Reviewed February 5, 2019

Three of us recently went on the 1 day Bird Viewing and Cultural Experience. Overall it was a great day and we felt good to get out of the busy tourist areas. None of us are serious birders -- but we still enjoyed seeing the variety of birds. Hok San provides binoculars -- so we could have avoided carrying our heavy pair for our entire trip to only use this one day. It was the afternoon that was the highlight for us. Lunch was really good. Afterwards we got to paddle with a local to view more areas of the floating village -- the pagoda, school, fish sauce factory , etc. Be advised that given the distance to the river and village, it is a pretty rigorous day. It is a bumpy, dusty hour long drive to the first boat, primitive toilet conditions, then no back support in the smaller boats while viewing birds. We were chicken and only one in our party climbed the rickety ladders to the viewing platform. We felt it was certainly worth it - but just be aware of what it entails to participate in this great experience.

Date of experience: February 2019
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fracto,

Greeting from Hoksan, Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Thanks for your support our locally owned tours and community-based, with 100% invested into my community back by providing an extra job from fishing and also working on the projects to developing our community to sustainable of living and child education.

Thanks, you taking your valued time to share the experience with us on TripAdvisor for a five-star review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip and general life of our villagers and other activities of our lifestyle on the floating village. Anyways, I would like to say big thanks from the bottom of my heart for supporting and choosing us during your trip in Cambodia.

Every bookings and donations, which is the best way to help us to support and made my floating villagers’ sustainable living.

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

We did the overnight home stay and early morning bird sanctuary and thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip. It is a real eye opener to see life on the water. Everything goes by boat - the food, batteries, clothing shop, hardware shop...anything.
The homestay is right beside and part of Hoksans' family house and is simple but comfortable. Food is cooked by his older sister and delicious.
The boat "boys" were a laugh and quite cheeky.
The birdwatching was all along the way to the village and the bird sanctuary. The water is low, so the makeshift viewing platform is a fair way from the birds. However, we managed to see plenty al8ng the way in, including Adjutant and Painted Storks and Kingfishers.
Along the road back to Siem Reap, the driver spotted a Pied Kingfisher and we got fab photos as it tried to deal with a fish almost half its size !
Hoksan is passionate about helping his village and his project to build houses for poor families to get ahead by raising ducks or chickens and making sure their children go to school is truly humbling. He has a gofundme page for the project.

Date of experience: February 2019

Dear Mrs. Kerry,

Greeting from Hoksan, Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Trip with us, I would like to shared our real rural lifestyle of living because I am from the floating village and all of my works are helping and making my community getting better life and child education. We are non-salary or any monthly fee to us but we are happy and use our life for the community until at the end of our life day.

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and many species water birds and also very nice photos and videos shoot of Pied Kingfisher and other species of birds as well.

By the way, I would like to say big thanks from the bottom of my heart for supporting and choosing us during your trip in Cambodia.

Reviewed January 25, 2019

We went with Hoksan on a one day bird watching & village tour. In the morning we made our way by boat to the bird sanctuary near Prek Toal. The sanctuary is very impressive with a huge number of nesting birds and there was also a lot of great birding from the boat on the way there. Hoksan's knowledge is impressive and he is obviously a very passionate birder and wildlife lover.
Afterwards we had lunch in his house in the village wich was very good. We then went around the floating village with Hoksan on paddle boats, learning about the local lifestyle. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in wildlife and local culture. It's great that the whole tour is organized and conducted by locals so that all the money goes to the local community.

Dear Mr. David,

Greeting from Hoksan, Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

I am happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and also my community. In fact, I really love natural, birding and also our villagers in help them to get better and sustainable community.

Every bookings or donations, which is the best way to help us to support and made my floating villagers’ sustainable living.

Reviewed January 20, 2019

Our experience with Hoksan was a highlight of our trip to Cambodia - of which there were many! His knowledge and passion for the birds of the Tonle Sap Prek Toal sanctuary are vast and genuine, but it is his work with his community that is the real deal breaker. All of the profits, you're tourist dollars, go straight to community members either directly through the various parts of the tour or via Hoksan's great work helping poorer families in his community. He is a dedicated, professional and generous young man working from the heart and I believe he deserves the support of relatively wealthy travellers like us.

Date of experience: January 2019
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Dear Mr. David,

Greeting from Hoksan, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

I am happy to meet and serves you during trip with us for Overnight stay with Bird Watching tour with sunset and sunrise at our village, Prek Toal.

Also, I would like to say big thanks for taking a values time to shared your trip experience including all activities about my works and supporting into my community, Prek Toal villagers…

Actually, I always keep doing and working from our heart for my community in Prek Toal including all the development projects that I have done and keep working on those jobs forever. Because I only want to help my community getting better life to all poorer families that they could not survives of their living and child’s education. And of those works, that I am doing without salary and I always happy to work for those works as like my parents are deep help into villagers.

Again, I would like to say big thanks for this and also your values time to stay at our village with us.

I wish you and your wife have a good day and happiness forever!

With warmest regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Our homestay with Hoksan has been the best memory from our travels in Cambodia. We lived with his friendly family for two days and his description of the village and our tour around was an eye-opening insight into how life can be on a floating village on the river both for us and for our two kids aged 10 and 12. Highly recommended for everyone who wants to see what life is like for a Cambodian family.

Dear Mr. Ole and Family,

Greeting from Hoksan, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

I am happy to serve your family during your family holiday trip, we are also missed all of you including, Moy Ei, she missed your daughter and son as well, when I show her with those videos and the photos that I took; which is also I sent to you as well.

So, I look forward to welcoming you all again and also the other family who want to know my village, Prek Toal, and want to get a local experience on the floating village in the future.

Again, we already remembered all of you with your shared experience to us from your country and other activities from you and your son and daughter.

I wish you more happiness and enjoyed your family trip and safety.