Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in tour

the tour is exciting and amazing. People in the village is nice. hope to visit again in other... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
jianghual2019
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile
Excellent tours; genuinely improving community life in Cambodia

Hoksan is amazing; my friends and I have so much admiration for how he uses this organization to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MelanieLux
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

All reviews bird watching bird sanctuary village tour local community smaller boat nesting birds floating gardens tourist dollars viewing platform tonle sap amazing trip eye opening unique experience highly recommend this tour day tour two days binoculars
Reviewed January 25, 2019

We went with Hoksan on a one day bird watching & village tour. In the morning we made our way by boat to the bird sanctuary near Prek Toal. The sanctuary is very impressive with a huge number of nesting birds and there was also a lot of great birding from the boat on the way there. Hoksan's knowledge is impressive and he is obviously a very passionate birder and wildlife lover.
Afterwards we had lunch in his house in the village wich was very good. We then went around the floating village with Hoksan on paddle boats, learning about the local lifestyle. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in wildlife and local culture. It's great that the whole tour is organized and conducted by locals so that all the money goes to the local community.

Date of experience: January 2019
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. David,

Greeting from Hoksan, Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Thanks for your support our locally owned tours and community-based, with 100% invested into my community back by providing an extra job from fishing and also working on the projects to developing our community to sustainable of living and child education.

Thanks, you taking your valued time to share the experience with us on TripAdvisor for a five-star review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and also my community. In fact, I really love natural, birding and also our villagers in help them to get better and sustainable community.

By the way, I would like to say big thanks from the bottom of my heart for supporting and choosing us during your trip in Cambodia.

Every bookings or donations, which is the best way to help us to support and made my floating villagers’ sustainable living.

I wish you all the best and happiness with your family and your life forever.

Reviewed January 20, 2019

Our experience with Hoksan was a highlight of our trip to Cambodia - of which there were many! His knowledge and passion for the birds of the Tonle Sap Prek Toal sanctuary are vast and genuine, but it is his work with his community that is the real deal breaker. All of the profits, you're tourist dollars, go straight to community members either directly through the various parts of the tour or via Hoksan's great work helping poorer families in his community. He is a dedicated, professional and generous young man working from the heart and I believe he deserves the support of relatively wealthy travellers like us.

Date of experience: January 2019
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Dear Mr. David,

Greeting from Hoksan, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

I am happy to meet and serves you during trip with us for Overnight stay with Bird Watching tour with sunset and sunrise at our village, Prek Toal.

Also, I would like to say big thanks for taking a values time to shared your trip experience including all activities about my works and supporting into my community, Prek Toal villagers…

Actually, I always keep doing and working from our heart for my community in Prek Toal including all the development projects that I have done and keep working on those jobs forever. Because I only want to help my community getting better life to all poorer families that they could not survives of their living and child’s education. And of those works, that I am doing without salary and I always happy to work for those works as like my parents are deep help into villagers.

Again, I would like to say big thanks for this and also your values time to stay at our village with us.

I wish you and your wife have a good day and happiness forever!

With warmest regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Our homestay with Hoksan has been the best memory from our travels in Cambodia. We lived with his friendly family for two days and his description of the village and our tour around was an eye-opening insight into how life can be on a floating village on the river both for us and for our two kids aged 10 and 12. Highly recommended for everyone who wants to see what life is like for a Cambodian family.

Dear Mr. Ole and Family,

Greeting from Hoksan, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

I am happy to serve your family during your family holiday trip, we are also missed all of you including, Moy Ei, she missed your daughter and son as well, when I show her with those videos and the photos that I took; which is also I sent to you as well.

So, I look forward to welcoming you all again and also the other family who want to know my village, Prek Toal, and want to get a local experience on the floating village in the future.

Again, we already remembered all of you with your shared experience to us from your country and other activities from you and your son and daughter.

I wish you more happiness and enjoyed your family trip and safety.

Reviewed January 13, 2019

We had a wonderful day on the Prek Toal Bird Watching and Village tour. With so many activities in the Siem Reap area, it is hard to choose what to do but I am glad we picked this eco friendly tour. It is unique and special. It stood out as a highlight over our two week trip in Cambodia and Vietnam. My only regret is that we did not have the time to do the homestay.

Sophal was our amazing guide. He is a remarkable young gentleman who volunteers his time on top of his regular his job. He is very dedicated to conservation and cares a lot about the work that Mr. Hoksan does. I noted how he wants to do similar work himself and has great respect for Mr. Hoksan. I felt fortunate in having him as our guide. His friendliness is infectious and we really enjoyed our day with him. He knew a lot about birds and showed us pictures of them on the way so we could try spotting the various species on our own.

The tour itself was incredible. The journey to and from the reserve was fun with beautiful scenery. Seeing that many birds in one place was amazing and the tour supplied really good binoculars so we could see them up close. The floating village was fascinating. Sophal gave us a really good tour which included visiting a temple, classroom, and a viewpoint. We learned a lot about the village and how the people live.

We also really enjoyed meeting Mr. Hoksan. It was easy to book with him. We arranged to leave the fee with our hotel ahead of time and he stayed in close communication to assure us that everything was taken care of. He is incredibly generous and accommodating. I was nervous to explore the village via paddle boat because I am prone to sea sickness and he arranged last minute for me to see the village by motorboat instead free of charge. He accommodated our vegetarian diet and we had for lunch the best food on our entire trip.

This tour is a great way to give a little back. Mr. Hoksan uses the profits from these tours to invest in his community. We visited a house he built for a local family and Sophal told us about the other projects Mr. Hoksan is involved with to improve conditions in the village. If you are considering a Prek Toal tour look no further - this tour has it all.

Date of experience: December 2018

Dear Mrs. Erin,

Greeting from Hoksan, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

We are happy to meet and serves you during trip with us for Prek Toal Bird Watching and Village tour. And we would like to say big thanks for taking a values time to shared your appreciates trip experience and about our works for the community in Prek Toal.

Actually, to get closer into our villagers and about our living on the floating village including how to live on floating house along the Sangke River. So, we hope that, you could take this unique experience with our local family host, especially your booking with me, Hoksan, is a local owned tour from this village, Prek Toal.

Yes, you are right! We are always help each other and doing volunteers jobs with non-salary because we want to made our villagers in the village having an extra income from guest’s tour and also supporting into poorer families with our development’s project that we working on.

Actually, I want to shares all of our real life on the floating village to people, especially about my life in this villages. So that why we would like you and other guests to make their holiday or expectation trip with the local villager like us from this village, then you will know how we survives of our living and others activities.

Your supporting and all arrangement trip with us, which means that you are always keep and allow me to continue our works into my community back, both of our tour’s arrangement and our projects.

Anyway, I would like to say big thanks from the bottom of my heart for your arrangement tour with our local owned and also sharing your experience during you trip with us.

We wish you all the best, happiness and successful to all of your careers and plans. And we look forward to welcoming you to our village again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2019

If you were thinking of a tour to the Tonle Sap biosphere nature reserve your search should stop here. Mr Hoksan was more than just a guide. He is a passionate birder, eco warrior, community caretaker and an excellent baby sitter rolled into one. On top of an excellent tour it is fantastic to know that the proceeds of the tour is channeled back both to the community and to the nature reserve. Went for the tour with my husband and 10 month old baby and have so many good things to say I hardly know when to start.

Honest and accommodating - booked very last minute and didn't have time to transfer the payment before leaving for Cambodia. Mr Hoksan took the bother to travel all the way to the hotel to collect it saving us the inconvenience of arranging a transfer there and transfer fees. Initially had concerns about handing over the complete payment but such worry was groundless. The transaction was professional with a prepared invoice and clearly there were no issues with the tour later.

Punctuality - in all our dealing with Mr Hoksan he was not just on time but usually 10 minutes early. No need to worry about missed times or wrong dates that I hear happens for alot of other Cambodian guides.

Professional birder - for the serious twitchers (birders) no worries. Mr Hoksan is one of the best guides I have met (and I am an amateur nature guide myself). He knows his birds is familar with their habits and knows the best spots to bring you tp. In fact at the bird hide he was there answering the questions of other tourists even whose guides did not accompany them up. You can practically feel his enthusiasm as he hunts for the elusive Milky storks. For the casual birders he is armed with books, pictoral guides and binoculars. Tou are in excellant hands.

PROFESSIONAL baby sitter - Did you know Mr Hoksan previously looked after the village children before this job? My baby was fussing abit in the heat and during the long boat ride and he expertly peek-a-booed her into smiles (and she loved his singing). As if that wasnt enough he is armed with two wonderful sisters who even babysat at his house so that I could eat in peace. If there are any parents looking for a child friendly tour - this is it.

Socially responsible - Mr Hoksan does not just reuse the funds from the tour to help his village he also runs various projects to help poor villagers/reforestation. Rather than pay a middleman/tour company I am very happy to hear that the money we are paying for the tour is also being used to help the Prek Toal company.

Long story short - Responsible, trustworthy and extremely enjoyable this tour has something for everyone and Mr Hoksan will make it the highlight of your holiday!